Sungjin - Burning Stars

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: When the stars burn bright but right; it's alright to be yourself :)

Note: For rumi2328 - I hope shy and lovely Sungjin is your kind of man; enjoy! 

---

When Sungjin first saw you by the river, he nearly fell off his bike. It swerved left and right but thankfully his reflexes were fast enough. Sticking a leg out, he managed to stop his bike before he could fall over.

Sungjin never believed in love at first sight but even he couldn't deny that what he was feeling at the moment was something like that. You were like a shining star amongst the rocks. Despite the people rushing along the Han River, you seemed perfectly contented in your own little bubble. You sat with your canvas and palettes spread out in front of you painting the night sky, the image coming to life under your hands. Sungjin has never saw anything quite like that before - the stars were drawn big with white flames around them, the surrounding sky a deep midnight blue. It's as if your eyes could see things a million miles away for what they are. He stood mesmerised, watching as your hands created magic across the canvas. But when you turned to look at him, that's when he felt like a criminal caught red-handed. You tilted your head as if you were asking him a question but he quickly pulled up his black mask and rlde off towards the JYP building, totally forgetting about the music sourcing that he had came to do in the first place. Needless to say, he got an earful from Brian when he got back to the dorm.

-

He wasn't expecting to see you so soon. Of course he did think: what if you were at the same spot tonight? He couldn't risk being seen by you so he steered clear from that area where he last saw you. Despite being at the opposite end of the river now, he still caught sight of you.

Same person, same canvas.

You were doing the finishing touches tonight, your skilful hand leaving fairy-like touches along the blue canvas. Sungjin didn't know how, didn't know why. It was as if some invisible hand that was pushing him forward and he went without resistance.

"Hi can I sit here?"

"Sure." You patted the seat next to you and he gladly slid in, settling next to you with your kneecaps barely touching.

"That's a really nice painting that you have there."

"Thank you. Do you know what they are?"

"Stars. Up close."

"I'm surprised, not many people know that."

"Well, then I'm glad to be one of them."

You smiled back and he gave you an awkward smile while scratching the back of his nape. He was racking his brain for something to say before a string in him snapped.

Stop being so shy Sungjin! Man up a little! Girls don't like guys that are not confident about themselves.

Letting that thought lead him forward in his pursuit of you, that night he spoke a little louder, smiled wider and made big hand gestures as he carried on a conversation with you.

-

Since that day onwards, Sungjin and you had an unspoken agreement to meet along the river every night. You'll paint and he'll write lyrics to his songs. Even though it drained him immensely, he'll always do his best to talk a little louder and act like a tough man. He practised everything in the textbook; from being confident to acting tough but Sungjin no longer saw the spark in your eyes. Nothing he did could bring back the sparkle he saw when his awkward self sat down next to you on that October night. He was at a complete loss, his frustration mounting as the days passed.

-

It was 1am and all Sungjin could write was sad lyrics, which was not what Brian wanted. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter