Wonpil - Solo

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In celebration of Wonpil's birthday, here is a small story featuring my baby ^^ Happy birthday PiriPiri! Thank you for bringing me so much joy with your music, for making me smile with your bright laughter, for comforting me with your advice - and most importantly, for constantly inspiring me to be a better version of myself. Because of you, I'm truly Better Better, and I can go higher higher. :')

---
Regret.
It was instant regret.
The moment you clicked the "Confirm" button, you wanted to haul yourself out of the window and delete your entire existence.
Holy crap. What have I signed myself up for?

Well… to answer your questions in the literal sense, you had signed yourself up as a travel partner on a website. It was a website meant specially to match solo travellers together and the concept behind it was really simple. Submit your itinerary online and they'll help you find the closest match.
Theoretically, such an idea isn't too bad. All you have to do is offer yourself as a travel partner and let them do all the work – just remember to turn up at the right place and time when the day comes.
But. But. But. Realistically speaking (and when you have an overly active mind that likes to overthink), things appear more complex. What if you meet a serial killer, or a ert? What if both of you travel to some secluded area...and you never come back? Goosebumps broke out across your skin, causing you to shiver violently despite the warm heating in the apartment.

Right at that moment, your cousin burst into her apartment with a flourish, a stark contrast to your dampened look. She stopped humming the tune that she was swaying along to just now, before walking over to comfort you.
"What's with the long cucumber face?"
"I might die within the next few days."
Having grown up with you, your cousin was well-accustomed to your penchant for drama and exaggeration so all she did was laugh at you as she patted your stomach.
"Oh~ the ever so dramatic Y/N makes an appearance again~"
"I am not dramatic!"
She cocked an eyebrow at you, causing you to kick the air, thus further solidifying her point.

“And this is the person trying to convince me that she’s not dramatic.”

“Oh, just leave me be to wallow in my misery.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I just signed myself up as a travel partner. Argh.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“Yes! What if I meet some psychopath and die in this foreign land?”

“Oh come on! It’s not that bad! You do know that they work with immigration officers to vet the applicants for criminal records right? You’ll be in good hands.”

“Ok, then what if I meet some horrible travel partner that has some really gross habits, like plucking the skin on his or her feet?”

“In that case… I can only say you have terrible luck.”

She then shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, causing you to launch a pillow at her – one that she unfortunately, managed to dodge successfully.

“Geez, so violent Y/N. But really though, in all honesty, try to think positively. It could be one of the best times of your life; you might be able to meet someone that you can really click with. Besides...”

For an added effect, your cousin had flipped her hair over her shoulders before winking at you.

“That was how I met my lovely boyfriend.”

“And this is coming from someone – that called me dramatic just now.” You mimicked her previous reaction to your exasperation in a sing-song voice, causing her face to morph into one of mock hurt.

“I am offended Y/N. How could you?” She then picked up the forgotten pillow on the floor before smacking you on the with it. You turned around, a retort hanging by your lips but you missed the chance to fight back. Within a matter of seconds, she had left her apartment as soon as she came, phone plastered to her ear as you heard her call out to her boyfriend sweetly over the line. Once again, you were left in her empty apartment once again. You lay on her bed for a few more moments in complete silence, before the vibrations of your phone pierced through the still air, causing you to jump slightly.

The message was pretty self-explanatory, and you didn’t have to read twice before reality sunk in.

Dear Y/N,

Congratulations! We have successfully found a travel partner for you. Kindly turn up at Denkyu University’s West Gate on 26th April, Friday at 1pm. Happy travelling!

Oh gosh it’s happening…

You proceeded to toss your phone to your side before burying your head in a pillow, before letting out a long, muffled groan.

May Lady Luck shine on me radiantly tomorrow.

-

26th April – 0800

“Stop chewing on your fingernails Y/N! You’re practically chewing off your entire nail.”

“Sorry I can’t help it! It’s a habit…”

“Come on sweetie. He or she can’t be so bad. You need to have faith and confidence that you’ll have fun on this trip!”

You weren’t really paying attention to your cousin’s words so when she suddenly turned around to punctuate her words whilst fixing you with a stern look, she startled you, causing your keys to her apartment to slip from your sweaty palms, clattering against the hard pavement. After recovering from your initial shock, you had bent down to retrieve the keys but someone else had beaten you to it.

You saw a head full of fluffy brown hair before sparkling doe eyes met yours as he looked up at you. It takes you a few moments (ok maybe more than a few) to register his presence because gosh – there was just so much to take in. He had sharp angular features with high, handsome cheekbones set atop his strong jaw. His pink kissable lips were slightly agape, two pearly whites peeking out beneath them. He’s gorgeous – there’s no denying that and you didn’t think it was possible for him to look more attractive than he already is but he did. The black shirt and maroon coat he wore over it made him look smarter and more alluring to you and it wasn’t until he was standing right in front of you before you snapped out of your stupor.

“Here, I believe this is yours.”

“Oh…thank you.”

You shyly open your palms for him to place the keys in your hands, the feather light brush of his fingers against your palm left tingles against your skin. He sent a soft smile directed your way, and off he went, leaving you staring at his retreating figure.

“Oh what do we have here~ someone’s star-struck~” Your cousin folded her arms across her chest as a smirk painted her facial features.

You quickly pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter