Jae - (You)th

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: What better time to live and discover than now? - roadtrip! with jae

For Divabychoice - I hope this is what you seeked! 

---

Youth.

The most confusing yet thrilling time of your lives. It's that time where you're neither here nor there. You're too big for the children clothes but too small for the adult ones. It's the time when you try to do adult things and get away with it. It's that time where everyone starts to ask you what you want to be in future, what are your plans for marriage and university when you can't even decide what you want to eat for breakfast. It's the time when you resent the world for the littlest of troubles, feeling like it owns you something.

And to Jae: what better time than now to live life to the fullest even with all this hatred against the world?

So this is how you ended up in the passenger seat in Jae's truck, embarking on a road trip to God-knows-where.

"ARE YOU READY FOR IT Y/N?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Let's get it!"

Jae then raved the engine before taking off towards the highway at high-speed

 

12am;

On the way to the highway, the music from the pubs and clubs surrounding the both of you competed with the music coming from Jae's stereo, his head bobbing wildly to the beat. You couldn't stop the infectious fun from affecting you too, and you bobbed your head to the music as well, although less violently than Jae. When the light turned green, Jae sped off and the orange tunnel was 500 metres away. Anticipation built inside of you as both of you approached the tunnel; you especially loved the part when you whoosed into the tunnel, and in that instant everything hollowed out around you. That moment came as soon as you thought of it, and you let of a howl of joy when it happened.

Over the roar of the tunnel, Jae yelled something out.

"Get up!"

"What?"

"I said get up!"

He then tapped the glass hatch above both of you before sliding it open. You finally understood what he meant but you were a little afraid to stand out on top. What if you got blown off the truck? Jae clearly saw your hesitation and placing his hand on the small of the back, he pushed upwards and when the first blast of air hit your face, it felt like you were born again. It was scary at first, but slowly, as you got used to the cold air whipping at your face, you spread your arms out like wings and let out a yelp of joy, feeling the pure excitement vibrating deep within your bones.

Life’s a little like that isn’t it? Everything is a little scary at first, but once you learn how to enjoy it, it becomes the best ride of your lives.

 

1am;

Jae then pulled up outside a 24 hour pizza joint and quickly ordered smoothies and pepperoni pizza for the both of you.

“How was the ride just now?”

“Absolutely thrilling, though I thought I was about to die.”

“Relax girl! You’re fine now!” Jae then shot you a wink, to which your response was rolled eyes. When the food came, both of you tucked in heartily and Jae was literally stuffing his face full with pepperoni and chocolate milkshake. You laughed at the sight – Jae looked like a literal hamster now. All was good until Jae decided to steal your cheese fries from under your nose – and no one ever stole your babies.

“JAE!” Without hesitation, you launched a pepperoni across the table, landing squarely on his glasses. Jae shot you a look from beneath his glasses and in a slow, low tone, he announced:

“This means war Y/N.”

“Fight me.”

And so he did. For the next few minutes, both of you had a food fight, throwing fries, pizza and sauces, despite the disapproving looks from the few lone customers in the place. You swore you saw someone taking a photo of the both of you, that is probably going onto some gossip site with the headline “PESKY TEENAGERS” but honestly both of you could care less. Both of you were in a fit of giggles, too focused on getting the other to admit defeat. Finally, Jae raised the white tissue and you sat there with a smug smile on your face, basking in the glory of your small victory.

Such was life – you have every right to celebrate the victories no matter how small, even the nonsensical, crazy ones.

 

2am;

Once both of you had managed to calm down from the food fight, Jae had magically materialised some mixtapes and was like an eager puppy for you to hear them.

“Quick, quick put them in!”

“Alright Jae I’m getting there!”

Nodding at him once the headphones were slotted comfortably around your ears, he punched the play button and listened to Jae’s honey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter