Chapter 8

CASE 201
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person’s POV

Jeongyeon took a quick shower before he drifted to a deep sleep after a long tiring day.

Many days like this passed, momo is trying to find a job but she is failing and it making her depressed, meanwhile jeongyeon is busy in the case and arresting some criminals.

He parked the car and was about to leave when he saw momo leaving the house in a hurry.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“They called me from taeoh’s kindergarten, I am so worried!” she panted.

“Go in I’ll drive you”

He was driving a bit faster than usual “Is my mom treating you well? I am not staying at home that much, is she hurting you?”

“Hm? No, she doesn’t talk to me that much but sana and your grandmother are so friendly to me and taeoh, as soon as I find a job I’ll move-“

“You won’t move anywhere” he said coldly without even looking at her “Till I find them you are staying with me, end of discussion”

“Sooner or later I’ll leave”

“Not any sooner”

She sighed and looked away, even though he is being this stubborn with her, she is a bit feeling safe. No one will come close to her if he is just beside her and that makes her comfortable. But her ego doesn’t allow her to show her satisfying feelings that he is beside her at this time.

 

Eventually the two arrived at the kindergarten. Jeongyeon was sitting next to momo while the director along with taeoh’s teachers were sitting in front of them.

“Is taeoh okay? I can’t stop thinking about bad things”

“Uhm actually the reason we decided to call you is that taeoh is aggressive these days” the director said.

“He slapped his friend and also punched the other, he was always so humble and well-mannered but these days he is acting aggressively.”  His teacher claimed.

Momo was forcing herself not to cry, and jeongyeon noticed, he held her hand and caressed it with his thumb.

“Maybe he needs more love and attention momo-ssi, or maybe something is happening between you and your husband” teacher two said pointing at jeongyeon who widened his eyes.

“I am not her husband, I am her friend” he pulled his hand away and stood up “I’ll bring taeoh, stay here momo”

He walked with red cheeks, just hearing the word ‘Her husband’ made him giggle and blush, he was walking toward the play roo`m where the kids were all jumping around and laughing.

He smiled seeing their innocent actions and his eyes were fixing on taeoh who was laughing while jumping with his teacher.

“He is one of the cutest kids here” a woman in her fifties said as she stood next to jeongyeon, she was wearing a blue cleaner uniform.

“Excuse me?”

“Taeoh, aren’t you his father?”

“Uhm I am his mother’s friend, how did you know I was looking at him?” he asked confusingly.

She shrugged her shoulders “His face is small like yours, and the same hair color and nose” she looked at taeoh again “That’s weird” the latter was running toward jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon’s attention went to taeoh and he carried him up “How is my taeoh today?” he asked pinching his nose “I didn’t see you yesterday”

Taeoh sniffed cutely and stared at jeongyeon’s eyes “I asked my mother where is jeongyeon uncle she said you are busy”

He nodded “Yes I was busy”

“Let’s play!” taeoh moved and walked to grab a ball.

Jeongyeon looked around, the teacher smiled and nodded, allowing him to enter and he did.

He took off his shoes and coat and followed the excited taeoh, all the kids were staring at jeongyeon’s tall figure with an open mouth.

Taeoh threw the ball to him and jeongyeon caught it. The latter kneeled on the floor and kept playing with taeoh in the big room’s corner.

Momo who finished talking with the teachers came and witnessed the scene. Next to her was the cleaner woman.

“I thought he is father”

“Hm? No he is just a friend of mine”

“Uhm ma’am I’ve been working here for more than five years, I don’t remember that I’ve seen ‘a friend’ playing like this with his friend’s kid”

“Jeongyeon is so friendly that’s why” momo said and stared at him, he was laying on his back on the floor with taeoh sitting on his stomach. He caught momo staring at him, everything stopped when he flashed her the sweetest smile, ignoring all the kids that were running around he kept staring at her until taeoh cupped his cheeks and made him look at him.

The old woman nudged momo “Don’t lose him, he is in love with you, eyes don’t lie” she said before she left to clean the mess the kids made.

“MOOM!” taeoh’s voice made her come to reality.

“Since we are here, let’s take him home” jeongyeon offered, holding not only taeoh, but also his bag and toy “Let’s go” he said softly.

 

As soon as jeongyeon started to drive, taeoh fell asleep in the car seat.

“So, what did the teacher said?” asked jeongyeon.

Momo sighed “He misses his father and also he is feeling lost, he probably misses his home and bed too and he saw how that guy was about to choke me” momo closed her eyes and let her tears float, making jeongyeon park on the right.

“Don’t cry, your tears break my heart” he soft spoken.

“I just wish everything didn’t happen, everything collapsed at the same time, why he did that when I loved him with all of my heart?”

 Jeongyeon grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him into a tight hug. The hug was a simple enough gesture - affection, perhaps the fragile beginnings of love. The arms that held her were soft, yet strong. The feel of her body so close to his soothed him more than he had expected.

“It’s okay, I am here now” he caressed her soft hair when his phone rang.

“What? Now?” he almost yelled “I am coming”

He the engine and drifted to the mansion “I need to go, I have a mission”

“Mission?” she repeated.

He nodded “wish me luck”

She kept staring at him, his eyes suddenly were full of worries and nervousness.

 

“It’s okay I will carry him” she said as jeongyeon was struggling to unbuckle his seatbelt.

“Take care” she said while staring at him outside the car, he smiled and waved his hand and drifted to the police station.

 

 

Meanwhile sana was in her room, she printed the selfie she took with chaeyoung.

A smile left upon seeing it. She stick it in her photobook, in an empty white page, she grabbed a pen and clicked it.

‘With chaeyoungie, the guy that is making me love my life again’ she wrote under it.

She closed the book and looked at her phone.

‘Yo Yo Yoo~ sana! Tomorrow, I’ll pick you up at twelve! I will take you to taste the best food in the world!’ she read and smiled widely.

‘Nae chaeyoung ^_^’

Chaeyoung hit his heart with his hand and rolled around in his bed

“Stop being cute!” he said and stared at his chatroom with her. Eventually he slept, wishing tomorrow can come faster.

 

 

Noon

Sana left the house,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter