Chapter 11

CASE 201
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s POV

My official exams are tomorrow… But I can’t stop thinking about sana. She likes me… She likes me! I couldn’t believe what happened.

I was sitting on the bed, ready to sleep when I decided to call sana.

It rang once and twice until she picked up, I sat properly and cleared my throat.

“Sana?”

“Yes?”

I clenched my heart and laid on the bed, I am so whipped to even her voice.

“How are you?” I asked the most basic question.

“Good, I am about to sleep finally taeoh slept, he is waiting for momo but she is at the hospital”

“Yeah jeongyeon called me. Uhm tomorrow is an important day for me, I have the final exam it will either officially be an investigator or stay as an officer or assistant”

“Really? Good luck chaeyoung-ah”

“Thank you” I smiled and we muted for a bit until I decided to speak “Sana”

“Hm?”

“Can you say it again?”

Sana blushed so hard upon hearing his words “Say what?”

“You know what I mean I want to make sure that I am not dreaming”

“I like you more than anyone”

I closed my eyes and sighed deeply “And I like you more than anyone too”

I heard her giggle shyly while I did the same “Tomorrow let’s meet. If I passed you’ll be with me on this happy day and if I didn’t you’ll be the shoulder I will cry on”

“Noo” she whined “You can’t cry”

I laughed and bit my lower lip “Rest well and dream of me”

“I’ll”

I hung up and sighed deeply… I am dating her now and I am serious about her. I was hardly was able to sleep but in the end I drifted to a deep sleep.

 

My father woke me up around 7 AM, I wore a black tight suit and brushed my hair. I blew air from my mouth as I was standing in front of the mirror when my father came into my room with a smile on his face. He pulled out a brooch pin  he pinned it to my jacket and cupped my face, his eyes were teary “I am proud of you son” he stated “Go and show them what my small lion can do”

I forced myself not to cry.

My father sacrificed many things to raise me and I will never pay him back what he had done to me “I will make you proud father” I smiled and made my way to my car. I noticed a message from sana, telling me to not be nervous and she will pray for me. I kept thinking about her until I arrived at the police station where the jury was waiting for me along with jeongyeon. He was one of the people who will test me.

I stood in the meeting room, explaining my points of view and my previous projects and experiences. I did the physical exam a few weeks ago and the results will come out today too.

“In summary, becoming a criminal investigator consists of obtaining an education, gaining law enforcement experience, and working to get promoted to an investigator position, which will then be followed by various types of continuing education and training. And I think I am qualified to these conditions, I will do my best to make justice in this country and make the government proud to have an employee like me and I will be able to make peace in this big city” I smiled and bowed to them for few seconds. My eyes met jeongyeon’s and he smiled proudly at me.

“Chaeyoung-ssi, you can rest outside we will discuss this for a while” said the sheriff. I bowed my head and left the room.

 

“I screwed up, I screwed up, I screwed up” I repeated while walking back and forth in the resting room.

“You didn’t screw up” said jeongyeon as he was drinking water.

“Hyung! Please tell me that everything will be okay”

“everything will be okay” he joked and winked then left the room coldly while I sat on the couch recklessly. I hope I will pass and become an investigator… I have a goal in my mind… I need to reach it. I need to.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

After discussing chaeyoung’s post with the jury I rushed back to the hospital, of course I didn’t leave her alone. I asked two officers to guard her room and I told them to leave as soon as I arrived.

She was sleeping with slightly open.

I sat on a chair beside her, I leaned on the bed and rested my cheek on my hand and watched her sleep. I got mad when she turned her back to me but I just kept staring at her till my arm started to hurt me until I heard her coughing.

“Hey” I stood up and made sure she is okay but she was shocked that I was here, I smiled at her and pecked her forehead “I was waiting for you to wake up, you can go home”

“Why you didn’t wake me up?”

I shrugged my shoulders “Let’s go now, taeoh is waiting for you”

She nodded and got up, before we left the room I rushed and stood in front of her “Can I?” I asked opening my hand.

She looked at it then at me, her eyes were worried and sad but she held it anyway. I opened the door and we made our way out of the hospital. The doctor said that she can remove the bandage now but she has to rest for few days and not make so much effort.

 

We arrived at the mansion, taeoh made me feel emotional. The way he ran to her and hugged her, she is his everything. She was kneeling on the floor and hugging him tightly when my eyes met my grandmother’s she narrowed her eyes at me and went to the kitchen and I followed her.

“Yes grandma?”

“I need to tell you something” she was panting “Something happened to sana?” I panicked.

“No no it’s related to you”

“Don’t tell me that you will introduce me to a girl because we talked about it and-“ I was cut off by her hand that hit my head.

“Listen to me carefully” she looked around and leaned in “I’ve been thinking about this for a long time and now I have the boldness to tell you” she took a deep breath “I think taeoh is your son” she stated. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What? What made you think about this? Momo is married and-“

“You dislike tomato, he dislikes tomato.
  You like Lego and everything cube, he likes Lego and everything cubic. He even looks like you jeongyeon don’t tell me that you didn’t notice this” my eyes were focused on him, I could see him from where I was standing and how he was holding into momo “He is almost four years old doesn’t that remind you of anything?”

“Which is?”

“The day you and momo slept together” she whispered.

I sighed and looked away “No I don’t think it’s true, we made love for once but she and raeul-“

“I DON’T CARE ABOUT HER HUSBAND!” she fired back “What I care is that kid might be your son and we deserve to make him one of the Yoo family!” she raged and left me alone in the kitchen but taeoh rushed to me along with momo.

I smiled at him and carried him as he kissed my cheek “Are you okay?” momo asked me “you look pale and sad”

I smiled at her “No I am okay” I said and looked at taeoh’s face then at momo’s “I am okay” I added and left him on the floor and he ran to play with his toys.

She held my hand and stepped closer, I smiled and looked at her eyes “You need to rest”

“You need to rest too”

I caressed her head and sighed “I was so worried about you, I want to take you and run away from everyone and everything. The first thing I will do when I catch raeul is divorce you you two”

She smiled dryly and nodded “I want that too”

“The divorce is easy”

“I meant the first request”

I smiled and cupped her face, I leaned in and we were about to kiss when sana ruined the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter