Chapter 6

CASE 201
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Sana closed her eyes, took a deep breath and let the cold breeze hit her skins. Signalizing her that she is still alive, with emotions and senses.

“It happened when I was eighteen” she spoke while chaeyoung was staring at her deeply “I was in high school that day, I forgot my book in my desk so I had to go and bring it after I finished studying at the center”

She wiped her tear and pressed her lips trying not to cry.

“If you don’t want to talk about” chaeyoung soft-spoken.

“No, it’s been a long time since I talked about it” she excused “I grabbed my book and greeted the guard at the gate and went to walk to the bus station. I passed near a park, it was dark and cold until I found a man, walking faintly. I could smell the alcohol smell from few feet. I closed my jacket and walked quickly, the road was empty. I remember how he held my arm, how he pinned me to a wall, how he was staring at me” she cried. While chaeyoung was frowning, forcing his tears not to fall because even the strongest man can break down in front of the weak sana now.


“As much as I pushed him and slapped he was stronger than me. He pushed me into the park, under a tree, slammed me on the grass and started to kiss me. My tears were falling without me knowing until I gave up. I gave up when I felt his hand ripping my underwear.
Why was no one passing by? Why no one heard my screams? Why some people blamed me for what happened while I was just grabbing my book.
Did I do something wrong?” she asked and looked at chaeyoung who avoided the look into her eyes, he wiped the tear that was about to fall from his eyes.

chaeyoung who avoided the look into her eyes, he wiped the tear that was about to fall from his eyes.

“The wind is strong” he laughed “You didn’t do anything wrong”

She touched the foulard that’s around her wrist “I tried to end my life more than once when I was in America but it didn’t work, I hate when I remember it every day. I hate it when I dream about him, I hate how cheap I’ve become.”

Chaeyoung frowned and looked away, her grandmother was walking toward them so sana had to pretend she wasn’t crying.

“You know my secret now” she said “I bet you don’t want to be close to a person like me, thank you for listening to me” she got up and he followed her but the two walked to the mansion in a rush leaving him behind them.

 

Sana arrived at her room “Why did I tell him?” she face palmed herself and started to walk back and forth “What if he exposed me?” she looked at her phone and found chaeyoung’s name, he was calling her.

She cleared and answered “Chayeoung look I don’t know-“

"Meet me at the front door”

“What?”

“I am waiting”

He hung up and she needed a few seconds to decide. She left her room, doing a crazy thing after few years of being locked in the house. Doing that simple thing from behind her parents back that were in the living room.

She opened the door and found him standing there it was already dark, his hands behind his back smiling cheerfully at her, his dimple was showing and his eyes were shining like before.

He lifted his hand and showed few colorful flowers he harvested from around the mansion. He handed them to her.

“Be careful from the thrones” he warned, he was wrapping them with tissues. But what sana didn’t know is that his fingers were dirty and they bled a bit from the thrones in that yard.

She smelled them, some of them had a scent some don’t but she smiled upon seeing them

“Next time I will bring some with scent, put them next to your bed. The colors are nice”

“Thank you”

“Go in it’s cold” he waved his hands and stepped backward “I will send you a message now, good night sana” the two kept staring at each other. And sana now has a reason to wait for tomorrow, has a reason to smile… and it’s chaeyoung.

She went upstairs and placed the flower in an empty vase she owns.

She looked at her phone and saw a message from chaeyoung that she didn’t hesitate to open immediately.

This time it wasn’t a picture nor a funny meme he sends.

‘You are worthy and precious. Don’t let anyone or anything tell you otherwise. You deserve all the happiness in the world. As a friend, savior, and guardian I will be with you Sana. You can overcome it and I will help you. Fighting!’  she read, she looked at herself in the mirror and for the first time in three years, she founded herself pretty. A shy giggle left her lips as she hid her face in the pillow.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile chaeyoung was behind his desk, thinking about sana and what happened to her when jeongyeon came and sat in front of him “They found a dead body, and it looks like the guy momo saw in the bank” he stated.

“Heol! Did momo saw it?”

“No not yet, tomorrow we will take her to the hospital”

Chaeyoung nodded and stared at jeongyeon who was staring down. He looked away and sighed ‘Should I open the topic to him? Should I not?’ he thought he got the answer when jeongyeon got up to his office while the boss asked chaeyoung for some errands.

 

 

 

 

Momo on the other side slept on raeul’s lap who was watching TV, he looked at her face and caressed her hair with a blank expression, he noticed a message from natty saying ‘Tomorrow’, he replied with the same word and a smug smile left his lips.

 

Morning

Momo woke up and found herself on the couch while raeul was preparing himself to go to work. He kissed her and taeoh.

“What do you want to eat today?” she asked as she stretched.

“Anything” he said tying his shoes “Bye momo” he smiled at her and eventually he left.

Taeoh was eating his breakfast when jeongyeon called.

“Are you free now?” he asked.

“Yes, taeoh doesn’t have kindergarten, why?”

“Ow. I will come after few minutes, we have to go to the hospital, we found a body and you have to see it, maybe he is the guy you saw in the bank”

“Oh, I will prepare myself and taeoh we can go if you want”

“No I have to be with you”

“Nae”

Not too much passed when momo was preparing taeoh, she was dressing him. She kissed his lips as she zipped his raincoat.

“Mom where are we going?” he asked, holding his stuffed bear that he keeps with him.

“Mom has a thing to do then I’ll take you to the playground”

He jumped in joy “Shall we tell dad to come?”

“I’ll call him when we go” she pinched his nose as the two left.

Jeongyeon was waiting for them in front of the building. He smiled widely at them.

“Good morning” said momo avoiding the look at him.

“No don’t sit here” he said, he opened he opened the door behind the passenger seat, he touched his nape nervously “Since taeoh is with you, I bought it”

She was lost in words when she saw a car seat.

“He is three right?”

She nodded while staring at him in shock “Mom can I sit in it?” said taeoh excitedly.

“Yes of course” she replied.

“I’ll do it” said jeongyeon, as he carried the small kid and made sure to put the seatbelt. Taeoh was so excited, experiencing this new thing because raeul doesn’t have a car.

He opened the door for momo and rushed to the driver seat.

“Chaeyoung is waiting for us there, he can stay with taeoh while you see the body”

“Can you stay with me?”

He smiled, eyes focused on the road “Of course I will be” he sighed “always” but she was so oblivious to hear him, she looked at her phone, raeul is not replying to her messages. ‘He must be busy’ she thought.

“Raeul won’t come?”

“I didn’t tell him, and he must be busy, he is not replying my messages”

“That’s weird” jeongyeon shrugged his shoulders and continued to drive silently.

 

Soon, they arrived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter