Episode Nine

The Introverted Theater Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Nine

Jung Eunji

 

I never run away before, I never felt so free.

However, the night’s moon was a sliver, and her hands holding mine was more than I could ever ask for. The curling road to the top of the hill, the alleyways we were running through were like a long maze, the light from above was the only thing that sets my heart beating. The coldness from her skin was starting to feel warm. Her giggles filled the air, showing how much she was enjoying the moment.

I do, too. I enjoyed the moment because it was her.

The air resisting our movement, her hair flowing like a princess’s. I can’t help but show the smile on my lips.

I wished the night wouldn’t end. I wish the night wouldn’t end.

“Here we are!” She exclaimed as we reached the top, her pants were the only thing that I could hear next. Still, the grin on her face didn’t disappear. It looked even brighter than the moon above.

I was panting as well; a breathless chuckle escaped my lips. Son Naeun has gotten weird lately… but I never thought she’ll be that crazy.

“The world below seems so busy,” I turned my body, staring at the city below the hill. The breeze was soothing, running through my skin, sending shivers through my veins. I then asked her, “why did you bring me here…?”

She stood beside me, looking down at the city lights that illuminated the night. However, nothing beats the light from the moon… it felt more real, somehow.

Like that moment.

“I’ve been meaning to show you this place before…” she answered, smiling to herself with her hands in her pocket. “But I always told myself soon.”

“Soon? Why?”

She chuckled. She removed her jacket, placing it on the floor before urging me to sit next to her. I was hesitating, not sure what to say, what to do. If I sit, I’ll get to be so close to her…

She tapped the small space next to her, quite impatiently. “Come on, Eunji unnie! We don’t have the whole night, you know?”

I shook my head lightly, sitting at the small space. She giggled before putting her arm on my waist, pulling me closer to her. I blushed at her action, not sure what to react.

The moment… it felt too nostalgic…

I didn’t mind the closeness, the intimacy… it’s just… it’s been so long ever since my heart raced erratically because of Son Naeun.

“I can’t believe it’s been a year already…” She inhaled, releasing it with a long sigh. “The last time we’re like this, you seem to worry about how sweaty you were.”

I released a laugh, nodding my head. “I had tons of thoughts too… Like how much my stomach feels like the whole zoo when I’m with you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter