Episode Four

The Introverted Theater Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Four

Jung Eunji

 

“Hey, excuse me—oww! Uh c-coming through…”

I looked up from my seat, finally taking notice of a tall, slender figure of a woman who was making her way to my seat. The theater hall was dim for the show is about to start. I had the best seat, as some would say. Not in front and not in the farthest back, just right in the center where I can see everything clearly on stage.

“Uh, finally!” The woman cheered as she took the vacant seat next to me, a triumphed grin on her lips. “Why didn’t you tell me to go here earlier, Eunji unnie? Some friend you are!”

“Well it’s not my fault you’re not checking your inbox. You’re too busy with your games…” I snickered, poking her cheeks.

Oh Hayoung, she’s our newest member in the Film Club. She’s a Video Game Design Student and probably one of the most mysterious kids in our team. I barely knew her to be honest. She’s kinda secretive… and cocky… and kinda rude. But after getting to know her a bit, her cockiness was in fact her confidence… and her rude nature… she’s only frank because she doesn’t want to lie. She’s kinda cheeky though, something that I really like about her. Overall, she’s a good kid so I trust her.

“You should’ve bought some popcorn. I’m telling you, without food, I’m sleeping halfway through the show—“I smacked her head, telling her to shut up.

“Shut up, you nitwit! The show’s about to start! And Naeun’s the main lead. Don’t you have a crush on her?” I half whispered/shouted. She shrugged, as if it didn’t matter.

“You claimed dibs on her first! Besides, I’m not gonna get into someone you slept with. That’s just… disgusting. Eww.” She even made extra body movements, emphasizing how gross it seems like.

“Yah, I never slept with her!” I tried to argue, but just as quickly as I started it, she turned me down.

“Sure, but that depends on what ‘sleeping’ means.” She commented knowingly, “I’m pretty sure sooner or later, you two will be making babies already—“

“Yah, Oh Hayoung!!”

“Chill, woman! The show’s about to start!”

And it did. The music started rolling in, and it will ever be the first time I’m watching Naeun perform what she loves to do. I’ve seen Naeun act for some of our films already, but she never takes a lead role. She wants just something simple like the cashier in the counter or a passerby.

Tonight, she’s the star of the show… and finally, I can get to see her shine like how she should be.

“What’s the title of this musical again? The Proposal?” Hayoung quipped, staring at the stage with almost drooping eyes.

I shook my head and chuckled. “Legally Blonde.”

“Oh, like that dumb blonde who followed some guy to an Ivy League school? I’ve heard that it’s hard to play that role.”

I nodded my head, smiling. “Yeah, but Naeun can do it. I know she can.”

“Mmm… but that also means that Naeun dyed her hair blond as well, right?”

“Half of the reason why I’m excited to see her…” I mumbled. “I never thought a lighter color would suit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter