Episode Five

The Introverted Theater Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Five

Son Naeun

 

I kept tapping the table with my pencil, looking around the library while thoughts run through my mind like wildfire. I was anxious for no apparent reason, and I don’t really understand why.

Talks around was obviously about the Grand Ball happening later this week, and I was so not ready. I’ve seen the posters put up throughout the buildings and I so don’t know what to do with it. I was never a party person, and even when I did go to formal balls, I never had any date or any memory of me enjoying it before. We even really need a date!

It’s not like someone will come and ask me out… right?

Students around me kept fussing, trying to find and ask for dates. A few asked me out, but I surprisingly declined. I didn’t know the exact reason.

O-kayyy that’s a lie. I did know the reason.

Perhaps, yeah, maybe, somehow… IwantEunjitoaskmeoutfortheball.

I groaned inwardly at that thought. Why would Eunji unnie even ask me out? I basically rejected her a year ago to be her girlfriend. There’s no way she would try and ask me out as her date in the ball right? Well it’s not like we need to go there as a couple or lovers… we can just go out as platonic friends who’s in a ball together.

Oh please, I mumbled inside my head. There’s no waaaaaaaay the term ‘platonic’ could be referred to me and Eunji. Eunji and I? Yep, terribly not a chance.

Well, love is like that. When she stops loving you, that’s when you start loving her for who she is… timing’s a real .

And just like that, a few days have passed. The Grand Ball was nearing and everyone already has their dates… but not me.

Hey, that sounds more depressing that I thought.

“Hey, Naeun-ah~ Are you okay?” Wendy asked me as the two of us were slumped in the Film Clubroom; Irene was there too but the older girl was engrossed in her phone on the other side of the room. She was watching some films in her phone while I was lost in my own world, totally drowned with the book I’m reading. Why am I so lame?

“At this rate, it’s only me, you, Eunji and Kai who doesn’t have a date…” I muttered, staring blankly at the same page of the book that I don’t even know the title of.

“Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter