Episode One

The Introverted Theater Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Episode One

Jung Eunji

 

“Naeun-ah…” I mumbled the moment I spot my roommate inside a club with Yoon Bomi. She was already knocked out on the table. Bottles of alcohol were lined up all around their table. “Gosh, how much did she drink?!”

“Quite a lot.” Bomi mumbled as she glanced at me. “She seems pretty troubled. Take care of her on the way home.”

Troubled… Sigh, I told her if she’s trouble she can run to me. Why does she keep hiding things to herself? I’m still her friend, for goodness sake!

I nodded my head with a smile. “Thanks for looking after Naeun while I’m MIA. She turned her phone off, I couldn’t contact her.”

“She just didn’t want you to see her in this state. Take care of her, she’s a fragile girl.”

Yeah she is. I’ve lived with this girl for awhile now… and I realized how much I still don’t know her.

But if I purely settle it with my feelings… I knew she was more than a mere acquaintance.

“Will do.” I flashed a grin to Bomi, carrying Naeun in my arms. I didn’t ask Chorong unnie to follow me anymore since I know she’ll be spending time with Bomi unnie. Besides… I need some alone time with this plain idiot in my arms.

Hah… It’s been a year already, since Naeun broke my heart. To be honest, I was still healing, almost done as if I can finally erase every trace of her in my heart. But… but…

There are those days that come by as if she was embedded in the back of my mind. Like a scar that wouldn’t disappear. For a moment, I thought it was over… but there are those dark nights, moments where I can’t even stop my head from thinking of her name.

I must be sick, I thought. And yet, I can’t really push Naeun away from me.

I might want to abandon my feelings, but not our friendship.

Gosh… This is making me sick.

I boarded the bus, while carrying Naeun on my back. Some people were there, staring at me but I didn’t care. I took the seat at the farthest back, carefully putting Naeun there as I sat next to her. She was still deep in slumber that surprises me. She could be more of a sleepy head than me.

Settling her head against my shoulder, I plugged in my earphones and listened to some music. A romance song was playing, and yet my heart didn’t beat like how it usually does, it supposed to be when you are next the person you love.

Lately, I found myself in that situation. Naeun and I would be so close but then my heart would beat normally, as if there was nothing between us, as if al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter