First Quest

Even if I die it's you

First Quest 

 

"Ya Jungkook ah! Ppalli (faster) in doing my laundries! there are plenty of things left for you to do! " Taehyung said at a very annoyed jungkook. Jungkook is washing his and Taehyung's clothes at the river bank close to the forest. 

 

"YA SHUT UP YOU BRAT! THIS IS NOT EASY!" Jungkook screamed while throwing the last piece of clothing that he is washing back to the water, splashing some over him but mostly over Taehyung. 

 

"YAAAAA! THIS IS MY ONLY CLEAN CLOTHES LEFT! AAAAAAAARGHHH YOURE THE BRAT HERE! AND JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT YOU SHOULD ADDRESS ME AS YOUR HYUNG OR THIS CONSEQUENCE OF YOURS WILL BE EXTENDED AGAIN!" Taehyung screamed while marching his way in to the forest away from the maknae. 

 

Jungkook just smirked at Taehyung at the thought of his precious hyung has to use his only clean (now soaking clothes) for the entire day. "Serves him right. Treating me as his slave " he thought for himself but then his smile left his face once reality strike him.  It is true that their deal has been extended. What is worst is that a week became a whole month. Don't ask him why. It just happen. Unfortunately, not calling Taehyung "Hyung" constantly in front of the hyung line plus challenging his Taehyung hyung into a random battle every now and then would lead to a very long tragic month of his life. 

 

Taehyung skipped happily thinking on how he could make his favorite maknae be annoyed or /suffer/ more when he suddenly felt dizzy. Good thing a tree was there to support him. His head aches so bad but that is nothing for him to can't handle. He clenched teeth and held his head. "Arghhhh" he made a silent cry. He doesn't want anyone to hear him especially Jungkook. He's been having headaches ever since last month. It gotten much worst through time but he can still handle it. He hopes that he could keep this secret from anyone. He tried everything that the doctor says to cure his terrible headache episodes however none of them worked. He just don't want to trouble anyone. "As long as no one could notice, as long as it couldn't get in my way, i couldn't get in their way, then I'm fine." He said to himself trying to comfort and ease the pain he is deeply in. So even if it hurts so bad he pretended that he was okay. 

 

 

 

Back at the Hwarang's house master Dogbird invites the winner of the archery competition, the Kingsmen, to his office to discuss the quest that the winners would handle.

 

"Greetings to you my Hwarangs" master dogbird said. 

 

"Congratulation for earning your first ever quest. This quest is important and has its own weight to it. So we couldn't just trust anyone with this. As I said it's only for the best. The competition, although unnoticed, teaches you a lot of values and morals in life. Discipline is one. Discipline is highly needed in this mission thus learning archery unnoticeably teach you just that" master dogbird continued. 

 

Everyone was listening to their master but sometime around the middle of their master's speech they asked themselves if they made the right decision. The truth was they were weighing the situation whether they really want the quest or they just let their greedy pride to take over them for a second. 

 

"So this mission is finding out who's the corrupt official that hoards rice thus making it expensive for our people to bear. The palace, especially the king, is compensating for it by giving off the palace's rice or sometimes buying the expensive rice and giving them to the people who really can't afford it. *master dog bird looks down at something on his table* I remember my first mission with the king..." master dogbird began his long talk about his first ever mission and how important honor is. To be honest, no one is really paying attention to him. 

 

"Anyways this mission is confidential. I expect you to not tell anyone even your own shadow about this. The highest treason will be charged on you once you spill this information. Always be careful" Master dog bird looked down again as he finished what he is saying. Sometime after the talk a burnt smell occupied the room. Ah i remember my good all days. Where we ..."  master dog bird go on again and blabbered things about the past. 

 

The Kingsmen walked out the office completely puzzled and astonished by their master. 

 

"Waaaaaah I can't believe it. Master dog bird is really something else! Are you with me?" Hoseok suddenly exclaimed after they were a few meters away their master's office. It was almost a chuckle. 

 

"Yaaaa! During my days, the king and I would do our own laundry and fight because the water is splashing on us." Namjoon said while imitating their master. 

 

All bursted into laughter  except Jungkook and Yoongi who is trying so hard not to laugh by biting his lips and turning around with a silent laugh. 

 

"YAAAAAA! DONT FORGET HIS MY FATHER! SHUT UP OR YOURE ALL DEAD HYUNGS!" jungkook screamed full of threat in this tone. His eyes were becoming bigger and bigger every second while saying it. 

 

They all froze for a minute. Well not until their oldest hyung burst into laughter *insert his windshield wiper laugh* all of them decided to join their hyung. Red faced mochi on his knees, Hoseok clapping like a seal with his nostril getting bigger each second, Taehyung crying from laughing so hard, Namjoon screaming and shyly laughing while hides at his Yoongi hyung's shoulders and Yoongi's silent laugh echoed the halls of the Hwarang house. Little do they know a pair of eyes and ears were listening to them the whole time. 

 

The person smirked and said "These are the ones the king assigned to find out who the culprit is? What a joke! They are hopeless. Let's just wait who finds who." The person in the dark leaves while chuckling to himself. In his mind he won already. 

 

{at a random creepy place}

 

"Master I am back." The person a while ago said.

 

"So what do you think? Do we have a problem?" A guy referred as "master" said. 

 

"I don't think we have master. They don't know much. The king asked dog bird to investigate about the rice hoarding case but that bird brain decided to entrust it to a group of young foolish Hwarangs who only knows how to make fun of him" he smirked again "I really don't think they're gonna be a problem" he said. 

 

"Very good! Just continue spying for me. Don't mind those stupid brats I bet they wouldn't be. But if they turned out to be a headache you know what to do." The master said. 

 

"Yes master" the spy said.  

 

 

{Kingsmen's room}

 

 

"Do you have any idea on how to finish this task?" Jimin asked 

 

All eyes focused to Jimin. None of them spoke. Yoongi just looked down. 

 

"I literally have no idea" namjoon said quickly as they all nod. 

 

Unknown to them there was someone listening to them. He is rather amused at how silly these kids were. In his mind, his job would easier when his targets were this dumb. He smirked. 

 

"Aye! Do you really think we should take this seriously? I mean what are those ministers and officials are for? I mean if we're going to solve this case by ourselves isn't the king just using us?" Jungkook asked while looking down. 

 

Everyone was shook at the youngest claims. 

 

"Wait a minute! It was Master Dogbird who ordered us to do this mission. Frankly speaking it was his job to take out the corrupt official. So it was really him who was using us " Yoongi said.

 

"Excuse me but aren't you forgetting something? That's my father that you are accusing right now!" Jungkook said. 

 

"AND IM THE KING'S SON!" Yoongi shouted surprising everyone. It is true he looks much much much scarier when he's angry. Jungkook was shook at the moment but backed up again. 

 

"YA! STOP IT! THIS IS NOT GOOD" Seokjin shouted. Thinking he could stop his maknaes from fighting. But they continued to bicker more instead. 

 

"SO WHAT?! I'M TELLING THE TRUTH! IF THEY COULDN'T EVEN CAPTURE THEM. WHAT MORE CAN WE DO? THEY'RE EXPERTS ALREADY! WHY WOULD THEY EVEN PASS THIS TO US?! DON'T YOU THINK THEY WILL JUST USE US AS AN EXCUSE IF EVER WE COULDN'T  STOP THIS CRISIS? ARE THEY AFRAID?!" Jungkook screamed what's on his mind. It's too much for him. He looked and feel mature yes. But to his defense he is still a child inside. This is too much responsibility for him. 

 

"WATCH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING KID! I'M ABOUT TO CUT OFF YOUR TONGUE ANY MINUTE FROM NOW" Yoongi shouted. 

 

"THEN DO IT! IM NOT AFRAID! " Jungkook exclaimed while bolting towards the unfazed prince.

 

"JUNGKOOK COME ON LET'S STOP NOW!" Taehyung said pulling Jungkook away but the younger is stronger than him. He decided to block Jungkook's way instead. 

 

"HYUNG GO AWAY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? " Jungkook said. 

 

"STOPPING YOU FROM MURDERING EACH OTHER!" Taehyung replied. 

 

"LET HIM COME!" Yoongi exclaimed. 

 

"NO STOP THIS NOW! YOU'RE BOTH CHILDISH YOU KNOW THAT?! IM DISAPPOINTED" Namjoon shouted. The room fell silent. 

 

"Now someone is acting like a leader" yoongi scoffed 

 

"EXCUSE ME?!" Namjoon said raging. 

 

Now the room is in complete chaos. At this point everyone is arguing. It's a total mess in their room 

 

 

"ENOUGH! Look at us?! We haven't start anything and yet we're already falling apart? Is this even a team?! We'll just conduct the investigation 2 days from now! Fix this first!  THAT'S FINAL! NOW GO GET SOME SLEEP!!" Seokjin finally said. Scaring all his maknaes and decided to do what their Hyung told them. 

 

With that the spy smirk after hearing their words. He walked away. In his mind, he mocks them for being so stupid giving away everything. 

 

 

{the spy's room}

 

 

He was humming happily almost skipping. The spy. This job was too easy for him. A child's play. He smirked as he closed the door. 

 

"Something good must've happened to you" his roommate said. 

 

"Ah yes indeed!" He smiled. 

 

"It's about them right?!" His roommate smirked. 

 

"What are you talking about?" He said in a confused look. 

 

"Of course the ones you were spying at" his roommate winked. 

 

"Sneaky. Sneaky. How'd you know?" He smirked. 

 

"Are you forgetting that you're not the only spy here?" His roommate smiled innocently. 

 

"I already forgot since you've been such a goody two shoes nowadays." The spy smirked. 

 

"What can I say I'm good at cover ups" his roommate added. 

 

"Alright enough of self praising. Those kids were so stupid this going to be super easy for us. They'll start investigating in two days so relax as much as you want for the next two days." The spy said removing his Hwarang clothes and changing into his pajamas and laid down on his bed. 

 

"Okay I'll trust your judgement" his roommate said blowing his candle off. 

 

 

 

The next day. 

 

"Come on Jungkook get up! Get up! Get up you brat!" Taehyung shakes Jungkook's sleeping form awake. 

 

"WHAT?!" Jungkook suddenly opened his eyes and shouted. 

 

"It's a festival today! We have a permission to go out the Hwarang house and enjoy life! So get you're lazy up" Taehyung beamingly said. 

 

"And who makes you think we're close?" Jungkook said still sleepy.

 

"Come on sleeping beauty enough attitude! Clock is ticking!" Taehyung said ignoring Jungkook's remark. 

 

"I DONT WANT! I'm still sleepy" Jungkook said about to sleep again. 

 

"Okay I'll give you 1 hour more but that's it" Taehyung exclaimed but Jungkook was already asleep so he he didn't heard him. Taehyung just looked at the youngest who is peacefully sleeping. Adoring his every features. Slightly chuckling at how cute his maknae is. 

 

"He still looked like his innocent self after all this years. Still our baby" Taehyung said slightly cooing at how innocently cute the youngest looks right now. 

 

 

~~ 

 

"Taehyung! Where's Jungkook?" Asked Jimin who is smiling brightly at the younger. 

 

"Still sleeping Jimin Hyung! I said I'll let him sleep for one hour more." Taehyung said in a boxy smile. 

 

"That kid really is hard to wake up. I'm not surprised anymore! He is such a heavy sleeper! Remember that one time we were walking around hand in hand. He fell asleep while walking out of the tea house. So I decided to carry him but we fell. His forehead was already bleeding but he's still sleeping! " Jimin laughed so hard at that memory 

 

"Ya! Hyung you still remember that?!" Taehyung asked in amused at his Hyung. 

 

"Of course why would I? I treasure most of my moments with my babies" Jimin walked towards Taehyung. Pinching his cheeks, ruffling his hair and pinching his cheeks again. 

 

"Of course you would! You even peed your pants because you're too afraid you thought you killed him hahahahaha you only breathed when aunt Ahro said he was just sleeping. Also, Hyung stop it" Taehyung said while pouting. 

 

"Omo this kid! Who peed in his pants huh?! Me? haha no! and you're still as cute as before! Come here my first baby " Jimin said hugging (more like squishing) Taehyung like he used to when they first met. 

 

"Hyung stoooooop! I can't breathe!" Taehyung said. 

 

"Come on let's wake up and bring the old jolly Jungkook back!" Jimin said with his eyes full of determination as he grabbed Taehyung on his wrist. 

 

Little did they know Namjoon and Hoseok were watching them. 

 

"The soulmates are back together again! Double the trouble ... again! " Hoseok exclaimed while chuckling 

 

"You're right hyung! Hahahaha! The maknae line is cute, just don't make them angry." Namjoon said. 

 

"Argh! Namjoon stop saying things like that! You're giving me chills down up to my spine!" Hoseok said. 

 

"Yeah i kinda scared myself too" Namjoon said as he chuckled nervously. 

 

"Anyways where's Yoongi and Seokjin Hyung though?" Hoseok asked

 

"I don't know but they have to hurry! I still need to feed a particular chicken! Or else I'm gonna die!" Namjoon said while showing a much horrified look. 

 

"A chicken?! Why a chicken?" Hoseok laughed so hard that Namjoon smacked his head so hard to make him stop. 

 

~~ 

 

"JUNGKOOK TIME'S UP! WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" Jimin said while knocking Jungkook's forehead. Jungkook just moved to the other side. Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other and sat down in Jungkook's bed. Both side trapping the younger. 

 

"WAAAAKE UPPPPPP" Jimin and Taehyung yelled at Jungkook. 

 

"I SWEAR I DIDN'T EAT THE CHICKEN HOSEOK HYUNG!" Jungkook shouted making him sit down in shock.

 

"What?!" Jimin said 

 

"What are you saying brat?" Taehyung asked 

 

"Language Tae!" Jimin said smacking Taehyung's head. 

 

"Sorry hyung" Taehyung said

 

"I just had a very weird dream of Hoseok Hyung chasing me everywhere saying he'll kill me for eating a chicken" Jungkook said, confusion showing in his entire face. Jimin and Taehyung were trying to hold themselves for their maknae's randomness. 

 

~~ 

 

 

"Yoongi what do you think? This green hanbok or this violet one? I also kinda like the blue or this pink one. Oh oh I'll fit some more then you'll decide okay?" Seokjin said happily. 

 

"Just pick whatever hyung" said a bored Yoongi 

 

"Wow geez thanks then." Seokjin sarcastically said. 

 

"You're welcome" Yoongi shamelessly said. 

 

In the end Seokjin just wore his gray hanbok making them earlier than the maknae line. 

 

~~ 

 

"Okay are we complete now?" Namjoon said 

 

"Yes!" Yoongi said

 

"Stop it hyungs! I can't breathe!" Jungkook exclaimed and everyone darted their eyes at him. Jungkook was being hugged (squished) by Jimin and Taehyung. 

 

"OUR CUTE MAKNAE! JUNGKOOK!" Jimin and Taehyung squealed. Making the Hyung line laugh so hard at the sight of their maknaes. 

 

"They never did grow up! I'm soft" Seokjin said.

 

"Yes Hyung! They're still as cute as they were before." Hoseok said. 

 

"Okay so first of all where are we going?" Yoongi asked. 

 

"I'll go wherever Jimin Hyung and Jungkook go!" Taehyung said raising his hand. In which the oldest hyung chuckled. 

 

"I'll buy some new robes with Seokjin" Yoongi said elbowing Seokjin's arm. 

 

"What? I'll go somewhere els- ouuuuchhhhh" Seokjin said glaring at Yoongi who "secretly" pinched his arm. 

 

"We have agreed that you're gonna help me buy some robes right?!" Yoongi said with a fake gummy smile while tilting his head.

 

"Alright alright! Prince! You're so damn annoying! Better pay me well for my service to this country." Seokjin said moving away from Yoongi and slapping Yoongi's hands away. 

 

"Yeah I'll be with Seokjin Hyung for the rest of the day. How about you Namjoon?" Yoongi said 

 

"I'll just feed have to feed ... uhmmm ... a chicken! " Namjoon said shyly. 

 

Everyone laughed except Jungkook who's eyes grew bigger. 

 

"CHICKEN?! Chicken? Chicken!" He exclaimed to himself but was too loud for everyone to hear. He had shivers all over his body because of that weird dream he had. 

 

"Why why? What would the chicken do if you don't feed it?" Yoongi asked still laughing. 

 

"You don't understand Hyung I'm gonna be dead if I don't feed Chukchuk! My sister is going to kill me!!!" Namjoon exclaimed as if his life depends on it. 

 

"What now the chicken has a name and it's Chukchuk! It's so funny" Jimin said still hugging Jungkook. 

 

"What? Chukchuk?!" Hoseok's eyes grew bigger than that of Jungkook's. He asked himself why does the name Chukchuk ring some bells. He tilted his head trying to remember. 

 

"How about you Hoseok?" Seokjin asked.

 

"I'll just ... go with Namjoon! I want to see ... the chicken" Hoseok said while everyone nodded not thinking that it was an odd but nonetheless carried on their way. Taehyung swear he saw Jungkook swallowed hard when Hoseok said that. 

 

 

~~ 

 

**Sometime around after playing and wandering for hours. 

 

 

"Hyung just wait I'll have to pick up something else but please don't ... don't tell the others" Yoongi said shyly more like he's embarrassed. 

 

"Said the guy who told me to just pick up something. So 3 hours of shopping for robes is still not enough?" Seokjin said sarcastically. 

 

"What?! I have sensitive skin!" Yoongi said in defense. 

 

"Whatever you say my prince" Seokjin said while bowing down. 

 

"Stop hyung! You're embarrassing me" Yoongi said while looking if people is staring at them. 

 

"Good to know" Seokjin said while smirking. 

 

"Let's just go."  Yoongi said. He sighed in his defeat and put on a hoodie that covers his entire face. Seokjin just looked at him strangely. 

 

After few more walking they are now standing on a very well known shop for making the best exquisite hanbok for women of all ages. 

 

"Yoongi why are we here?!" Seokjin asked, confused. 

 

Yoongi looked around if anyone sees them or 

If anyone is following them. He saw none. They entered the shop at it's secret back door. 

 

"Hyung I said I'm just gonna pick up something. Just please don't say anything to the others okay?" Yoongi said checking back and forth if someone is watching them. 

 

"Okay?!" Seokjin said. 

 

Yoongi handed the money to the owner and gave him a bag full of pretty hanboks. He asked the owner to pack it carefully. When they got out Seokjin chuckled and said.

 

"Oh Yoongi! You're such a man now! Ya! Do you have a lover to give this to?" Seokjin asked making fun of Yoongi. 

 

Yoongi was taken a back at his hyung's question. He blushed harshly afraid his hyung could see he just laughed and said. 

 

"Just don't tell the others and we're good" Yoongi asked. 

 

"Just as I thought so!" Seokjin said happily. Flapping his fan. 

 

"Also hyung! Do you want to sneak to the palace?" Yoongi said 

 

"W-what?!" Seokjin asked totally surprised.

 

"You know we'll just check the security of the palace. It's gonna be fun" Yoongi said. 

 

"W-why?! I don't want to lose my pretty head!" Seokjin said. 

 

"It's fine hyung as long as they don't see us. Besides you're with me." Yoongi said. 

 

"Well... okay?" Seokjin said not knowing what he agreed to do and why he did. 

 

"Let's meet at 5 pm hyung outside the Hwarang house I'll just ... fetch some few more things and you don't have to go with me. Let's just meet there okay? Bye hyung see you" Yoongi said dashing his way out leaving a very confused Seokjin. 

~~ 

 

The maknae line got tired of playing and now they're stuck, drinking almost any alcohol they get their hands on. It was getting dark so decided to head back. While going out they decided to walk hand and hand. Or was it just Jimin? 

 

"Come on! Let's walk hand in hand just like before~ hehehe" a drunk Jimin said grabbing Taehyung and Jungkook's hands. 

 

"Whaaat?! Taehyung hyung look at Jimin hyung's hand! It didn't grow!" Jungkook said 

 

"Wooooow! Jungkook it felt just like it was before! It was so small like when we were children" Taehyung said feeling like a genius 

 

"Yaaaa! Stop it! When this your hands grew this big even?!" Jimin said.

 

They continue on bickering until they're quite sober or maybe it was only Taehyung? 

 

While making their way home. Taehyung saw Yoongi running fast. 

 

"Oh Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung said 

 

Jimin and Jungkook did heard Taehyung and continued to bicker. 

 

He observed his hyung trying to get a better look at him. It was his hyung. But what is odd is that he was wearing a female's hanbok and ?! With a longer hair?! Whaaat! He was confused. 

 

"Guys why is Yoongi hyung wearing a female's hanbok?" Taehyung said his words slurred. 

 

"Hyung that's okay you're just drunk" Jungkook said 

 

"Oh right I am!" Taehyung said not leaving his Yoongi hyung in a hanbok and long hair. He just stared at him. Then it hit him. Oh right he crossdresses sometimes. He just shrugged everything off as if it was normal. He was still really drunk. 

 

"BUT ARE WE REALLY GOING HOME?! WHO'S IN FOR THE NEXT STOP? I HEARD THERE WAS A REALLY GOOD RESTAURANT SERVING GOOD RICE WINE NEAR THIS PLACE" Jimin shouted. 

 

"I'M IIIIIN" both Taehyung and Jungkook exclaimed 

 

"LET'S GET IT!" Jungkook screamed while still walking hand in hand with his two favorite hyungs. With Taehyung totally forgetting about his weird Yoongi hyung encounter.