Hidden

Even if I die it's you

Hidden Messages and Secrets 

 

(A/N: Please read everything there were hidden messages from the previous chapter. I didn't post it yet so there could be some twist and thrill. Anyways enjoy 💕)

 

 

*Sometime at the forest where Jungkook was doing their laundries* 

 

 

Jungkook got some pretty good ears, he could hear even the weakest heart beat from a distance. He heard some one cry faintly so he secretly followed the sound. There he saw his hyung. Silently crying in misery. For what he seems he is having a terrible headache. He began to slowly walk to his hyung but he stopped and hide behind a tree. 

 

"As long as no one could notice, as long as it couldn't get in my way, i couldn't get in their way, then I'm fine." He heard Taehyung said to himself. He listened all throughout his hyungs painful cry. He couldn't do anything. He wanted to help him but he can't. His hyung doesn't want them to know, him to know. He always get annoyed by this hyung yes but despite from his actions he respected his Taehyung hyung so much. He was his favorite hyung and deep in side it will never change. He can almost feel his hyung's pain just through his painful cries. Jungkook felt his heart being ripped into pieces. He fully didn't understand why his hyung have to hide it but it was his hyung's decision. So he'll just pretend not to see his hyung at his worst. "Don't worry hyung i'll silently protect you from now on. I will make sure no one could notice. Even for just a little, I hope I could share your burden. Even if I die, I'll protect you." Jungkook said to himself while tears slowly coming down his cheeks. 

 

 

Back at the Hwarang's house master Dogbird invites the winner of the archery competition, the Kingsmen, to his office to discuss the quest that the winners would handle.

 

"Greetings to you my Hwarangs" master dogbird said. 

 

"Congratulation for earning your first ever quest. This quest is important and has its own weight to it. So we couldn't just trust anyone with this. As I said it's only for the best. The competition, although unnoticed, teaches you a lot of values and morals in life. Discipline is one. Discipline is highly needed in this mission thus learning archery unnoticeably teach you just that" master dogbird continued. 

 

Everyone was listening to their master but sometime around the middle of their master's speech they asked themselves if they made the right decision. The truth was they were weighing the situation whether they really want the quest or they just let their greedy pride to take over them for a second. 

 

"So this mission is finding out who's the corrupt official that hoards rice thus making it expensive for our people to bear. The palace, especially the king, is compensating for it by giving off the palace's rice or sometimes buying the expensive rice and giving them to the people who really can't afford it."

 

Master dog bird looks down at something on his table. He puts his finger on his lips signifying the Hwarangs to stay silent as he gave them a paper with a text written on it. They silently read it together. Master dogbird suddenly began to talk about nonsense things on how they finished their mission when he was their age.

 

"I remember my first mission with the king..." master dogbird began his long talk about his first ever mission and how important honor is. To be honest, no one is really paying attention to him instead they read the message. 

 

 

[Be quiet eavesdroppers are everywhere. There is even one now. So just please read this silently as I talked about nonsense things to confuse them. We suspect it to be minister Han. If we already knew who it was why would we even pass this assignment to you? The real catch is, every time we raid their storage room the rice is no longer there. They were always ahead of us so we couldn't really prove them guilty. There were only few people that the king entrusted this case. All of which were the king's greatest comrades so it is a shame to think that one is betraying him. However, if no one is betraying him then how does the enemy is always ahead of us. As you can see this talk is heading in finding out who the spy is.] 

 

 

"Anyways this mission is confidential. I expect you to not tell anyone even your own shadow about this. The highest treason will be charged on you once you spill this information. Always be careful" master dog bird looked down again as he finished what he is saying. He took the letter again after they were done reading it, went to the nearest candle and burn it down to ashes. He handed another letter to them. 

 

 [and as much as possible refrain from talking about it. There are eavesdropping traitors everywhere. Always communicate like this and remember to always burn the evidence away. Goodluck Hwarangs I believe in you.] He then again burns the evidence right away.  

 

The Kingsmen walked out the office completely puzzled and astonished by their master. They were really amazed at his abilities. Feeling that someone is watching them that they decided to play along. 

 

"Waaaaaah I can't believe it. Master dog bird is really something else! Are you with me?" Hoseok suddenly exclaimed after they were a few meters away their master's office. It was almost a chuckle. 

 

"Yaaaa! During my days, the king and I would do our own laundry and fight because the water is splashing on us." Namjoon said while imitating their master. 

 

All bursted into laughter  except Jungkook and Yoongi who is trying so hard not to laugh by biting his lips and turning around with a silent laugh. 

 

"YAAAAAA! DONT FORGET HIS MY FATHER! SHUT UP OR YOURE ALL DEAD HYUNGS!" jungkook screamed full of threat in this tone. His eyes were becoming bigger and bigger every second while saying it. 

 

They all froze for a minute. Well not until their oldest hyung burst into laughter *insert his windshield wiper laugh* all of them decided to join their hyung. Red faced mochi on his knees, Hoseok clapping like a seal with his nostril getting bigger each second, Taehyung crying from laughing so hard, Namjoon screaming and shyly laughing while hides at his Yoongi hyung's shoulders and Yoongi's silent laugh echoed the halls of the Hwarang house. Little do they know a pair of eyes and ears were listening to them the whole time. 

 

The person smirked and said "These are the ones the king assigned to find out who the culprit is? What a joke! They are hopeless. Let's just wait who finds who." The person in the dark leaves while chuckling to himself. In his mind he won already. 

 

{at a random creepy place}

 

"Master I am back." The person a while ago said.

 

"So what do you think? Do we have a problem?" A guy referred as "master" said. 

 

"I don't think we have master. They don't know much. The king asked dog bird to investigate about the rice hoarding case but that bird brain decided to entrust it to a group of young foolish Hwarangs who only knows how to make fun of him" he smirked again "I really don't think they're gonna be a problem" he said. 

 

"Very good! Just continue spying for me. Don't mind those stupid brats I bet they wouldn't be. But if they turned out to be a headache you know what to do." The master said. 

 

"Yes master" the spy said.  

 

 

{Kingsmen's room}

 

 

"Do you have any idea on how to finish this task?" Jimin asked 

 

All eyes focused to Jimin. None of them spoke. Yoongi just looked down. 

 

[be careful there's an eavesdropper outside. Taehyung did a pretty good job thinking of a way to expose the eavesdropper today but we have to be cautious and make a plan to expose the spy. We're still not sure on how many our enemies are and who they're with. So again, please be cautious at all times and trust no one. Just please be careful.] 

 

~Taehyung thought of a way to somehow see if there's someone eaves dropping on them by putting some hidden mirrors outside their room that connects it inside the room and reflect what the first mirror has captured.~

 

"I literally have no idea" namjoon said quickly as they all nod (as Yoongi burned the paper). 

 

[well I have a plan. We would continue on discussing our plan, just like this. Real plan would be on the paper and burn the evidence. Fake plan would be what we would be coming out from our mouths as an irresponsible youth trying to do an adults work. Just act out and say random things to confuse them.] Namjoon said in his paper. He eventually burns it after they read it all. 

 

"Aye! Do you really think we should take this seriously? I mean what are those ministers and officials are for? I mean if we're going to solve this case by ourselves isn't the king just using us?" Jungkook asked while looking down. 

 

[so we would pretend that we were fighting because we're lazy enough and does not take this seriously. However if everyone does this they might noticed that we're just acting out. So to play safe, we would divide our group into teams. First group would be pretending to sought some information about the culprit and catching the traitor. Second group would be the lazy students and does not take this case seriously thus let's everything slides. We can confuse our enemies by making them underestimate the second group and focus more on the first group. The third would focus on exposing the spy and setting a trap for them ] 

 

Everyone was shook at the youngest claims. 

 

"Wait a minute! It was Master Dogbird who ordered us to do this mission. Frankly speaking it was his job to take out the corrupt official. So it was really him who was using us " Yoongi said.

 

(They were playing along with the youngest) 

 

"Excuse me but aren't you forgetting something? That's my father that you are accusing right now!" Jungkook raised his voice. 

 

"AND IM THE KING'S SON!" Yoongi shouted which startled and scared everyone. 

 

[Jungkook and Taehyung focus in revealing who the spy is ... or are. Let's pretend that we decided to conduct a different investigation due to Yoongi and Jungkook's argument about your parents.] Namjoon wrote and burned it again after everyone have read it. 

 

Everyone nodded. 

 

"YA! STOP IT! THIS IS NOT GOOD" Seokjin shouted. Thinking he could stop his maknaes from fighting. But they continued to bicker more instead. 

 

[Me, Hoseok and Jimin would be the careless ones and we'll be speaking fake information about our plans whenever we feel eyes on us or basically every time we're together. I would be making the plans of course. Hoseok hyung, a trap expert and Jimin, a great manipulator. Also, Hoseok and Jimin were strong fighters and liars if I may add. We'll just act lazy and silly. So if ever they're gonna kidnap us we can always manage to get out. Yoongi Hyung and Seokjin Hyung should team up. Of course pretend to be not on good terms with Jungkook. Seokjin Hyung act as if you're the mediator. We'll start tomorrow] namjoon wrote again. 

 

"ENOUGH! Look at us?! We haven't start anything and yet we're already falling apart? Is this even a team?! We'll just conduct the investigation 2 days from now! Fix this first!  THAT'S FINAL! NOW GO GET SOME SLEEP!!" Seokjin finally said. Scaring all his maknaes and decided to do what their Hyung told them. 

 

With that the spy smirk after hearing their words. He walked away. In his mind, he mocks them for being so stupid giving away everything. 

 

[I got him. I had a glimpse on his whole face and I knew who it might be but we still have to check if he's alone or who else is with him.]  Taehyung wrote smirking wider than the spy while burning all the secret letters that they wrote. Burning the only evidence of their real plan. 

 

~~ 

 

Hoseok and Namjoon's free time was spent on the two going to Namjoon's villa. 

 

"You know hyung I don't know why you decided to come along. It's kinda weird." Namjoon said breaking the silence. 

 

"I already told you!! I want to see the chicken Namjoon!" Hoseok said kinda raising his voice. 

 

"Geez! Chill hyung! I just said it's weird! Anyways let's go faster before we die!" Namjoon said in a defense position hugging himself trying to walk faster. 

 

As soon as they got to Namjoon's villa they immediately go to where their livelihood stocks. To be honest, Hoseok was just curious about this chicken. Something is telling him seeing the chicken will lead him to another memory. A very important memory. Nonetheless, it didn't make Namjoon half crazy as he looks now. It was kinda creeping Hoseok. He was wondering what kind of alcohol his younger friend is taking. 

 

"Chukchuk where are you? Chukchuk?" Namjoon said while grabbing a dipper full of what it seems Chukchuk's food. 

 

The chicken appeared from the darkness. It looked at Namjoon and then to the dipper and then to Namjoon. 

 

"Here Chukchuk... it's your favorite! Eat up" Namjoon slowly puts the dipper down to the ground. Hoseok was trying to stop himself from laughing so hard at Namjoon. He looked so serious he thought. It looked one more time to Namjoon and the started to eat up. Namjoon sighed in relief. 

 

"Namjoon are you sure you don't overfeed him? What an odd looking fat chicken. It could feed an entire villa!" Hoseok said not intending to say the last sentence louder than he did. The chicken, "chukchuk" suddenly looked at him. Namjoon shots a deadly glared at him. 

 

"What?!" Hoseok said. 

 

"Don't listen to him chukchuk! Look I'll add a little bi- WAIT CHUKCHUK DON'T RUN!" Namjoon screamed and glared at Hoseok again. 

 

"HYUNG LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!" Namjoon said freaking out and running after the chicken. 

 

"WHY ME?!" Hoseok asked totally shock but ran after Namjoon anyway. 

 

"HYUNG YOU'RE SO DENSE!" Namjoon said trying to focus on catching the chicken. 

 

"WHAT?! AS IF IT UNDERSTANDS US- DOES IT?!" Hoseok said while stoping, confused. 

 

"IT DOES!!!!" Namjoon screamed, veins popping in his neck. 

 

10 minutes later they still couldn't catch the chicken. 

 

"Is it always like this?" Hoseok asked. 

 

"It runs away whenever you say something about eating him or not feeding him in time!" Namjoon said still trying to search for chukchuk. 

 

"He sounds so spoiled! Just let him." Hoseok said tired of running. 

 

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?!" Namjoon shouted. 

 

"WHY? COME ON NAMJOON IT'S EASY! YOU CAN JUST REPLACE HIM!" Hoseok suggested. At this point they're just shouting at each other.  

 

"I CANT! CHUKCHUK IS SPECIAL!" Namjoon shouted again. 

 

"WHY?!!" Hoseok shouted 

 

Namjoon was about to answer when someone behind them shouted. 

 

"OPPA WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS?! " a lady shouted both of them looked up and Namjoon's eyes widened. 

 

"that's why!" Namjoon whispered to Hoseok. 

 

Hoseok didn't move. As if the world stopped. It was a lady wearing a yellow and light green hanbok. Her hair is up to her waist and only a few strands were braided. She was beautiful. Really beautiful. I think I met her before. Hoseok's thoughts were interrupted when she screamed. 

 

"OPPA! YOU KNOW ALL TOO WELL THAT WE CAN'T JUST LET CHUKCHUK RUN! HE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO DASI RUN RUN RUN FOR HIS LIFE!" She said trying to catch the chicken. She finds it hard to run fast with her hanbok so she pulled her skirt up below her knees. Hoseok blushed wildly at the sudden action of the lady. 

 

"YA! AMI?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! THERE'S A MAN IN FRONT OF YOU! YOU'RE DISRESPECTING YOURSELF!" Namjoon shouted. 

 

"SELF RESPECT IS THE LEAST OF MY CONCERN RIGHT NOW HYUNG ! MY CHILD IS RUNNING AWAY AND I HAVE TO GET CHUKCHUK NO MATTER WHAT! SECOND, TF HYUNG?! I WOULDNT DO THIS IF SOMEONE DIDNT TRIGGER CHUKCHUK TO RUN " the lady attacked Namjoon. 

 

"YA! AMI IM STILL YOUR OPPA! YOURE CLEARLY DISRESPECTING ME" Namjoon shouted. 

 

Hoseok was confused. Ami? Where did I heard her name before? 

 

 

•Flashback•

 

 

"YAAAAAAAAAA CHUKCHUK! COME HERE! PPALLI! YAAAAAAAA! I TOLD YOU I'M NOT GONNA EAT YOU" a young girl in yellow and green hanbok said. 

 

Hahahahaha she's funny! what is she doing? Is she really trying to catch a chicken? 

 

"Uh do you need help?" I said. She looked at me right in the eyes and said "well yes please! I'm trying to catch my chicken Chukchuk! I think he's afraid of me eating him!" She said while pouting. Actually she's pretty cute, she's also kinda tall for her age plus she looks like someone I know but I just couldn't point out yet.  

 

"Okay I'm gonna try catching him but you have to promise me that you won't eat him okay?" I said. "Why would I want to eat him? He's like a son to me! MY CHILD! Now help me!" She exclaimed. Geez she startled me out! Chill a little bit sister. 

 

 

~~ 

 

 

The girl got startled and went hiding behind Namjoon while clinging to his clothes  "Ah hahah this is my younger sister, Ami" Namjoon said as Ami took a short peek then hides to her oppa again. "Ami don't be shy they're nice say hi to them" She finally let go and said "Hello I'm Ami I'm 9 years old Nice to meet you" she said without stopping and bowed down to them. "It's nice to meet you Ami" said the kids. "Hahaha you guys look funny why do you have this in your arms?!" She giggled while pointing out the rope that they're linked with. And with that Seokjin finally removed their ties. 

 

Without their ties they started wandering separately except Hoseok who was just standing there. "Oh?! You're the boy from before hahaha 'I'm your hope! I'm your angel' hahaha thank you again for catching my chicken" the young girl said while smiling widely. "Don't worry it's nothing! I'm Hoseok by the way! That's Hoseok oppa for you tho! I'm 11 already and you kinda look like Namjoon but a girl" Hoseok exclaimed while blushing lightly. "Of course he is my brother so we look a like! Oppa! You're funny let's be friends" Ami said while extending her hand to Hoseok. 

 

 

•End of flashback• 

 

 

That's when it hits Hoseok! It was Kim Ami! Ami! His childhood friend. 

 

"AMI?! KIM AMI?!" Hoseok exclaimed. 

 

"YES I AM THAT?! AND YOU?! ARE YOU THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?" Ami screamed dropping her hold to her skirt instead she started rolling her long sleeves about to beat Hoseok's off. 

 

"YAAAAAA! 9 YEARS LATER AND YOU'RE STILL CHASING CHUKCHUK?!" Hoseok exclaimed while crossing his arms with a smug look on his face. 

 

"WHO AR-" Ami was about to say something when Hoseok started finding something and ... doing something?! Namjoon was twice as confused as Ami. Right now Hoseok made a trap within 5 minutes and they caught chukchuk. 

 

"I'm you're hope! I'm you're angel!" Hoseok said maybe a little to cutely that made Kim Ami blush lightly. 

 

"WAAAAAH?! YOU'RE THAT HOPE OPPA FROM BEFORE?!" Ami screamed and hugged Hoseok tightly slightly jumping from excitement. Hoseok was shook (as well as Namjoon) at the sudden action of Ami. 

 

"Excuse me? But I'm still here?!" Namjoon said clearing his throat. 

 

"Oh sorry hahaha anyways thank you for capturing my chicken, again." Ami smiled and Hoseok swears his heart stopped beating for a second. 

 

"N-no worries" Hoseok said rubbing the back of his neck. 

 

"Anyways do you want to stay for lunch?!" Ami asked. 

 

"Well I guess I- I mean WE ... got time to spare." Hoseok walked with Ami leaving Namjoon alone confused. At the back of Namjoon's head he wondered why him and Hoseok ran for what it seems to be centuries when Hoseok can just make a trap within minutes saving all their blood, sweat and tears. What an odd man Hoseok is he thought.