Survival

Even if I die it's you

Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night. How many hours am I been sleeping? He thought for himself. He looked at their room and realized that he was alone. He was about to get up when he heard footsteps nearing the room. The door opens and revealed a very worried Taehyung.

"Jungkook did you just wake up?" He said. "Obviously, how many hours am I out?" Jungkook said with a slight scoff. "You've been out for like ... 1,2,3... for about 9 hours now! Come on, it's almost dinner time!" Taehyung said.

"WHAT?! DID I MISS SOMETHING?! DAMN HOW IRRESPONSIBLE OF ME! WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE ME UP?!" Jungkook shouted at Taehyung. Taehyung backed away a little bit with his hands on his ears. "YAAAAA! YOU BRAT STOP SCREAMING AT ME! YOURE HURTING MY EARS! Anyways, we just practiced half of the day away and Master Dogbird just gave us few assignments that's all. So stop whining and come with me! I don't want to miss dinner." Taehyung said and turned his back away from Jungkook heading to the door.

"Also, you brat in case you forgot! The deal is on and you have to call me Hyung!" Taehyung said as he got out skipping while humming happily. Jungkook was left with mouth wide open and realized that he lose a deal earlier so he had to do whatever Taehyung said for a week? Or was it for a month? Jungkook cursed at the thought "oh right why did I ever thought of that stupid deal." Jungkook said to himself and headed out as well as he ruffled his hair in annoyance.

 

When Jungkook got into their table all of his Hyungs were already there. He sat beside his Namjoon Hyung. So the arrangement is Jimin, Namjoon and Jungkook, Taehyung, Seokjin and Hoseok and at the middle was Yoongi besides Hoseok and Jungkook. Jungkook just swallowed as he realized the dangers he was in for being beside Namjoon.

The meal was already set up before they entered the dining hall. Everybody began to chit chat at how easy their first assignment was and how their practice went. Hoseok even stood up showing off his archery pose *insert BS&T Jhope shooting an arrow*and when he was sitting down he asked Seokjin how it went for them. "It all boils down with trusting the east winds hahaha" Seokjin said while laughing almost like the sound you would make in cleaning the windows *lol windshield wiper laugh* Yoongi silently chuckled at that before he scooped a spoonful of rice and eat it. All of them seemed to get it and laughed.

Well, except Jungkook. He just cleared his throat. "So what are these assignments?" Jungkook said. "Well the first assignment is about writing some important teachings of Confucius, the second one was principles of swordsmanship and the third one is exclusive only for those who would win the archery competition." Jimin said. "Woah isn't that too much? I mean who would've want some extra load?" Jungkook said while chuckling in disbelief. "Why? Can't you handle an extra load?" Taehyung said smirking before biting a big chunk of meat.

Jungkook leaned closer to Taehyung bypassing everyone in the table gaining snark remarks from his hyungs. Namjoon who's beside Jungkook screamed "Ya! Jungkook-ah what are you doing?" In which Jungkook didn't payed much attention. "I don't worry because I can do anything. I am more worried for you baby boy." Jungkook said while tracing Taehyung's face. "Such a child and very fragile" Jungkook said in a very annoying tone as he continued tracing into Taehyung's jawline. Taehyung hissed and slapped Jungkook's hand "AISH THIS BRAT! STOP DOING THAT!" Taehyung shouted.

"Or what?!" Jungkook said grinning. "Stop it! That's an order!" Taehyung said. Jungkook was taken a back with Taehyung's words in which Taehyung just smirked. "An honorable man should always be true to his words" Taehyung added while taking another meat to eat. Their hyungs were just nervously watching their maknaes until Yoongi had enough. Jungkook was about to speak again but not until Yoongi begin to speak. "Shut it. Just eat up." Yoongi said in monotone with his sharp lazy look. With that everyone began to feast on their meal silently.

"OH I JUST REMEMBERED!" Jimin said in a very high and excited tone which caught everyone off guard. He startled everyone from breaking the silence. "Oh my... Ya Park Jimin! That startled me! I have a weak heart! Don't shout like that ever again okay?! Or I'll kick your off understand?!" Seokjin attacked Jimin. "Oh Jimin is very no fun" Hoseok added with a certain look on his face. Namjoon looked at hoseok then to Jimin "Jimin?! You got no jams" namjoon said. Jimin just shyly respond to his Hyungs by saying "sorry". Feeling a little flustered, this red faced boy called Jimin continued where he stopped. "As I were saying the contestants for the competition would be based per roommates. So we, as a whole, is a team. Sooooo... what are we doing then?" Jimin said. Hoseok clicked his tongue. "Oh hmmm should we do it?! Should we do our best and try to win?" Hoseok said while looking at his other roommates. "Do you really want that extra assignment Hyung? I mean we could have an extra sleep if we don't have those extra assignment?" Namjoon said trying to make sense to everybody while doing some random hand gestures. Everyone was in deep thought. "Why is it so special anyways? It doesn't make sense really" Jimin added. "Maybe there's a catch to it" Yoongi said. "Let's just find out tomorrow. I bet they will announce it" Seokjin said finally before they all started eating again.

 

After dinner they finished two of their assignments before heading to their respective rooms. Well Taehyung wanted to pull his "master card" over Jungkook but then again he couldn't because he could be punished if their instructor saw how similar their hand writing is. Especially when their instructor, master dogbird, was Jungkook's dad. He bet cheating in any form will have its respective punishment and he's just not betting his life on it.

As soon as they head back to their room, Yoongi dozes off and Seokjin just looked at him then smirked. The crown prince was already asleep. Seokjin took this time to stretch a bit more and massaging his own muscle before completely sleeping. Jimin, being the good student that he is, is memorizing and studying his assignments once more with a light coming from a candle. Hoseok was next to him about to sleep but can't since there's still light on. Jimin noticed it "Hyung you can't sleep with a candle on?" He asked politely. "Yes Jimin but don't worry go on and study I'll just use this blanket" Hoseok said covering his entire being. Jimin smiled "it's okay Hyung I'll just study it again early in the morning tomorrow besides we're pretty tired from today's activities" he said while putting out the candle. "Oh Jimin!" Hoseok said removing his covers looking very touched. "My heart is... my heart is... uhhh" Hoseok said while clutching his heart. Jimin just chuckled a bit and said good night to his Hyung as they both head to dreamland.

Taehyung was hugging a pillow and laying comfortably beside Namjoon when the younger one rolled to his side facing his Hyung and saw the older's face. 'He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts' Taehyung said to himself observing the older. Namjoon was just looking at the ceiling both hands supporting the back of his head. "Hyung are you alright? What are you thinking?" Taehyung asked him. "Huh?! Oh... uhm" he looked at Taehyung. "Well I'm just thinking about the competition tomorrow. I don't know what to do. I feel complicated. Maybe we should just do our best and not worry anymore." Namjoon was clearly startled at first, but he answered the question nonetheless. "But Hyung you would sacrifice another day of sleeping for winning something?" Taehyung said. "Hmmm if you put it that way, maybe yes" namjoon said shyly while chuckling a little bit. "I mean what's wrong with having an extra work to do anyway? Plus I feel like there's something more to it". Namjoon added. Taehyung just smiled with a familiar boxy smile and moved closer to Namjoon Hyung while still hugging the pillow. "Maybe you're right Hyung." Namjoon was taken a back by Taehyung's action at first but then smiled and relaxed when he saw the younger one slowly dozing off very cutely.

Jungkook in the other hand kept on tossing and turning. Making sense of what happened today. Aside from his deal with Taehyung he is now thinking if he wanted another assignment. Should he not do his best? He bet everyone else wouldn't pay much attention to winning now. "But it just doesn't make sense at all" he said to himself. First of all, they made us practice our archery skills only to find out that there's an archery competition by roommates. This one makes sense but then why would the extra assignment be inclusive only for those who have won the tournament? Isn't an assignment an extra workload? And a pain in the ? Is this a trap situation? Is father teaching us some morals in doing everything that you could even though it could lead to something that will burden you afterwards? Or is it simply 'only the bests can handle the third assignment'. With that Jungkook smirked completely knowing what to do.

 

Tomorrow has gone by pretty quickly they got up by 5 am and gets ready before 6 am. The archery competition would start. The boys quickly got up and took a shower right away. Well, all except Taehyung who's (complaining or throwing a tantrums) about he wants to sleep more and kept on going back to the bed with a lot of "shiro/no! I don't want to". Seokjin tried his best to wake up the younger one. "Come on now sweetie, get up! We're running late. The competition was about to start soon. Come on now" Seokjin said with his sweet voice slightly patting Taehyung's cheeks and ran his hands through the younger's hair. Taehyung let out cute noises of protesting and pouted "aaaah Hyung I want to sleeeeep more hmmm 5 minutes more please." Taehyung pleaded in which Seokjin just chuckled and agreed. "Okay five minutes only okay? But you have to get up after that okay?" Seokjin said giving his sweetest smile before heading to the shower room.

But Jungkook, being the person that he is, is not buying into Taehyung's childish attitude so he quickly goes to his hyung's bed. "Aish what a child tsk tsk" Jungkook said before lifting Taehyung in one go and puts him in one of his shoulder going straight to the shower room. Taehyung woke up by the sudden interaction and saw himself captive by some muscle pig called Jungkook. He protested and started slapping Jungkook's back. "Yaaaaaaa! You brat what are you doing?! I said I wanted to sleep for 5 minutes more! Put me down now! Yaaaaaa!" Taehyung said but Jungkook just continued walking. "YAAAAAAAA!" Taehyung screamed and Jungkook swears one of his eardrums become damaged because of that. Jungkook suddenly slapped Taehyung's . "Can you shut up? Aish you're hurting my ears!" Jungkook said putting Jungkook down as soon as they got in the cubicle only earning another punch from Taehyung in his chest. He just glared at the older and Taehyung just stuck out his tongue on Jungkook.

'What an annoyingly weird Hyung' he said to himself "Start undressing baby boy! Or should I undress you?" Jungkook said smirking evilly at Taehyung. "What?! What are you saying? ert!" Taehyung screamed and began to become red from the embarrassment the younger is giving him. "How can you take a shower when you have those clothes on?" Jungkook smirked again. This time Taehyung becomes redder. "I mean, of course, after I got out! What are you thinking huh?!" Jungkook said chuckling. "Yaaaaaa! Get out you ert! Get out!" Taehyung screeched. Jungkook went out of the cubicle laughing like a hysterical maniac. "Wow that child is really something else huh!" Taehyung said to himself before showering.

 

The Hwarangs were all lined up before 6 am. They were just waiting for their Master to do his introduction and announce what they have to do as well as the mechanics of this archery competition. Some of the Hwarangs were still sleepy. Since there's no sign of their master yet they decided to have a little chit cat with their co-hwarangs. Few minutes later their master came silencing the Hwarangs. "Good morning to you all! Today is a special day where every single one of you will show the art of archery. Where only those who had a fast mind, deep focus, accuracy and precision will prevail. This competition is not an individual one but a group work. Your team mates will be based on your roommates and we would give you a corresponding colored banner, head bands and uniform per room to represent your team. The team who would win will do the third assignment." Master Dogbird said gaining a lot of gasps and whispering from the Hwarangs. "Your third assignment would be your first mission outside the walls of this academy. A real mission that will tests your skills and all of the things that you've learned for being a Hwarang. Winning the competition means you are the best, but the outside world is much different. Only the greatest would survive. Goodluck to you all my students!" Master Dogbird said.

 

The assistant instructor called out each room leaders'. The leader were decided by who was picked first to stay in their room. They were also asked to name their corresponding group. "What should we call ourselves?" Namjoon said while putting their new black uniforms. They got black for their team's color. All of the other members were changing too. They were in deep thought in what they should name the group. "How about Black Cheonsa? Dark Cheonsa?! Oh oh Death Cheonsa?! Calico cat? Penicillium?" Jimin suggested. Namjoon chuckled but tried his best not to laugh his heart out. "How about Kingsmen?" Yoongi said while pushing his bangs to the side. He looks good with a side bangs and high ponytail everyone thought. "Hyung you just want to feel good about yourself" Hoseok said jokingly. Everyone laughed at this. "Hyung what do you think" Jimin asked Seokjin, lowkey wanting his Hyung to choose one of his ideas. "Hmmm... I think ... Team Kim Seokjin is better!" Seokjin said looking at s with approval. "Ya Hyung we could never win with that name!" Namjoon said as they all burst into laughter at the sudden rage of confidence coming from their Seokjin Hyung. "Ya! Ya! Let's use something really scary and useful like Bone Tearing Squad! What do you think hyungs?" Jungkook said chuckling which made everyone laughed harder now. Jimin was now squatting down because of Jungkook's funny suggestion. They don't know if Jungkook was serious or joking. No one knows what this guy is thinking. "Kookie! I think I like Bunny Teeth Squad better" Taehyung said in a very cute manner in which Jungkook only got mad and was now chasing each other. "BORN TO SURVIVE! Let's that's a name!" Hoseok said excitedly. "That's not a name Hoseok that's almost a motto!" Namjoon said laughing a little. Hoseok just pouted. "Lol why does it all begins with BTS tho?" Jimin said still laughing. "Okay that's it! Our group name is BTS! All for the same reason that it got a lot of meaning to it! Plus we are running out of time." Namjoon said covering his face from the last sentence. "Okay then it's final. Let's go out." Yoongi said in monotone while walking very coolly.

The assistant instructor went up to the teams one by one asking their respective team names. "What's the name of your group?" The assistant instructor asked. Before anyone could answer Yoongi said "Kingsmen." He just smiled faintly at the instructor then nodded his head. Everyone looked at Yoongi in shock and disbelief. He just smirked "come on men. We got work to do." Yoongi said and started walking again, full aware of the stares he's getting from all of s. "Waaaah! Yoongi is really ... something else." Seokjin said. "Yeah hahaha we literally wasted our time discussing what name to use when he's already decided to use that name" Jimin said. "Can we change it to bingsmen?!" Jungkook asked. "Stop being silly bunny boy! Our king has decided" Taehyung said arm locking Jungkook's neck.

 

The competition went by really quickly, the Kingsmen were leading as well as the Pink Sausages (lol that Wannaone/PD101 reference). Aside from the weird name, Pink sausages, this team particularly is confident and could smash your whole team within a blink of an eye. (The word sausage wasn't known in Korea at that time so let's just say that they just randomly thought of that word) They were really good. Most of them were younger than 21 years old so everyone else in the Hwarang house were shook at how good they were. Park Jihoon, the captain, was really close to Taehyung but wouldn't back down just because of that fact. This is the real fight that they were waiting for. As of now the score board is 63-63. "Choose your best archer, this last round will determine the winner! They will shoot blindly" the assistant instructor said.

"I would go." Yoongi said. Everyone else looked at Yoongi. They're all nervous. "Are you really that confident Hyung?" Hoseok asked to which Yoongi just nodded. "You know I could take your place Hyung if you're nervous" Jungkook said. "Ya! Kookie! You even lost in our deal" Taehyung said hitting Jungkook's head. "Let Yoongi Hyung handle this he's more experienced! The royal family surely got the greatest archer in the country to teach the crown prince" Namjoon said. Yoongi nodded again. "Yeah Yoongi Hyung is the best, even at my skill we're all still lacking except for this hyung." Jimin said. "Okay archers on standby!" The assistant instructor announced. Yoongi walked forward as if nothing big is at stake here. "YOONGI-AH REMEMBER TO CHECK THE EAST WINDS FIRST OKAY?!" Seokjin shouted. Yoongi chuckled silently.

One of the staffs their blindfolded the first archer. "First archer! Park Jihoon you can shoot now!" Assistant instructor announced. Jihoon shoots. He got 7. He just smirked not that bad he thought. Yoongi effortlessly goes in the middle. He was being blindfolded. "Last archer, Min Yoongi you can shoot now!". He raised a finger. Somewhere in the audience Seokjin whispered "Ya! That really is checking the east winds." Yoongi smirked and then shoots. He removed his blindfold. Bullseye. In the end, Kingsmen won over 3 points difference. Earning their first ever real mission by being the best of them all.

 

 

 

Hello guys I'm Eiren💕💕 sorry for the late update. I finished some chapters that were after this chapter first. lol I'm sorry I was busy 10% studying and 90% voting and stressing on mama. If you could vote for bts on mama it would be of great help. I haven't been sleeping a lot bc of my exams plus whenever I got free time my conscience won't just let me bc all I could think of is their gap in mama. Please help us. Thank you so much 💕💕 Also, have you heard about MIC drop remix?! It was super lit check it out. If you could just vote bts on mama while streaming we could give Jungkook all the trophies in the world. Strong power thank you again for supporting my story 💕💕 stay safe 💕💕 love, Eiren