East Winds

Even if I die it's you

Jimin woke up with a strong headache, it felt like his head was being pounced every now and then. It was already night time, it was pretty dark but had enough light to see each other. He also felt his body aching. To his surprise a big koala named Jungkook was on top of him while giggling and drooling all over him. Jimin smiled at the image of Taehyung and him helping a baby Jungkook to walk. He was kind of surprised a earlier at how grown up Jungkook seemed. He grew much taller than him, has a much deeper voice and a bigger body built. It also surprised him that their maknae who was once so innocent, so loving and respectful kid turned out to be manly disrespectful guy that he is. Well, maybe Jimin was half wrong if not completely, he thought. Maybe they're were just all shy, awkward and was starting to know each other again. Jimin's eye scanned the room and noticed a slightly squished Seokjin and a very comfortably sleeping Yoongi. He laughed at the sight of their two oldest hyung. 

 

 

If he's gonna be really honest, he thought Yoongi didn't change at all. He was still that cold child with sharp look that could kill but a warm hearted towards his maknae in the inside. Sure Yoongi hyung doesn't say anything but ever since they were a child he never stopped them from doing the things they liked or doing crazy stuffs that would usually annoy him. Instead he would just silently watch over them. That's the kind of hyung Yoongi is. People might might've mistaken him but at least they know the real Yoongi. 

 

 

A very loud Taehyung entered the room with a bang, started jumping around and cooed at how Jungkook was sleeping on top of Jimin. There he was again acting all childish again. "OH MY HE'S STILL A BABY WAAAAAAAAH SOOOO CUTEEE! AIGOO OUR BABY IS BIGGER THAN OUR JIMIN HYUNG NOW" Taehyung screamed at the sudden cuteness attack of Jungkook. He also hugged Jungkook and was now squishing Jimin as if he can be squished without any problem like a mochi. On the other hand, Seokjin suddenly shut his eyes open at the sudden noise and tried escaping a very comfortable Yoongi who was on top of him. He managed to break loose but not without Yoongi ended up rolling off the bed and hit the cold floor once again. With a loud thud Yoongi started grunting in pain. "HYUNG WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?!" Yoongi said while actually looking at Seokjin so sharply. A newly woken up Seokjin "YOU'RE INVADING EVERY INCH OF MY BODY YOONGI AH" Seokjin exclaimed. "WHAT?!" a slightly flustered Yoongi said. "Well... YOU'RE KINDA SQUISHING ME AND THAT MEANS YOU'RE INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE!" Seokjin said while swearing he wasn't blushing. 

 

 

Jungkook must be a deep sleeper but with all that screaming and hugging who wouldn't wake up? "AH HYUNG GET OF ME! WHY ARE YOU HUGGING ME?! YOU'RE WEIRD!" Jungkook said slightly angry. "Wow said the one who's on top of me!" Jimin said while rolling his eyes while Jungkook for the first time noticed that he's been clinging to Jimin. He quickly removed his arms around Jimin and tried to get off the bed as quickly as possible. "I WAS DRUNK OKAY?! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING" Jungkook said in defense. "Hmmmm our baby is acting as cute as ever" Taehyung said while pinching Jungkook's cheeks. Jungkook slapped Taehyung's hands who quickly put on an annoyed face and rolled his eyes. Jimin shivered at the sight of Taehyung's reaction. 

 

 

All of them stopped bickering when they heard something rustling followed by footsteps. They heard loud thuds and bang. I mean they don't believe in ghosts or any kind but who could've blamed them when it's really dark and as they thought still "under the influence of alcohol". Yoongi quickly sat down on his shared bed with Seokjin "ya! ya! hyung!" He said as he held Seokjin's wide shoulders and started hiding behind him. "Ya! Yoongi what are you doing?! Ya! You're scaring me! Yaaaa! Don't leave me unprotected yaaaa!" Seokjin said as a shadow began to appear closer to them. The maknae line on the other side, hides inside the blanket while somehow bickering at "who on earth would believe in ghosts" pretending to be not scared at all but nevertheless shows bc of their none stop trembling voice and loud heartbeats. A creature began crawling inside their room that startled them and were all screaming. "Yaaaa! Help me ungrateful brats?" A very tired and voiceless Hoseok said. Seokjin hurriedly helped Hoseok and laid him in his bed. Jungkook sighed removing the blankets "I told you hyungs ghosts doesn't exist" he said. "But what about those noises hyung? We heard a loud thud" Yoongi said. "I also heard those noises that's why I'm in a hurry! Let's close the door" Hoseok weakly said. Jungkook got up, being the strong golden man that he is and when he was about to close the door a loud thud and bang was heard again. Jungkook's eyes dilated "huh! Don't worry hyungs ... there's nothing to fear ... I'm just going to close this door and-" Jungkook with an unassured shaking voice said and when he was about to close the door a hand stopped him from  doing so and was met with a guy with no face. Jungkook started screaming at the top of his lung almost a squeal but not quite. He hurriedly hide behind his Jimin and Taehyung hyungs "HYUNG HE GOT NO FACE! HE GOT NO FACE!" Jungkook said. And with a sudden thunderclap everyone began to scream and ran for their life. Hoseok who seemed to be all drained up was not standing and screaming at the top of his lung and went straight to his Seokjin hyung. "Yaaaaa! Yoongi! Why am I in the front! Yaaaaaa! I'm also afraid stop hiding behind me yaaaaa! I have a weak heart JEBAAAAAL!" Seokjin exclaimed. Yoongi whispered to him "sorry hyung but my people need me! I'm gonna reward you someday for your service in this country" which made Seokjin curse Yoongi and screamed for his life. 

 

 

"YAAAAAAAAA! CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE?! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REMOVE THIS BUCKET FROM MY HEAD SINCE HOURS AGO! AND ALSO I'VE MANAGED TO BREAK SOME WELL ACTUALLY MOST OF THE VASES IN YHE HALLWAY! SO UHMM SOMEONE? HELP ME?! HYUNG?!" everyone sighed in relief that it was just Namjoon. Hoseok got up and helped Namjoon. He also checked the hallways and yes, namjoon wasn't lying when he said he broke most (if not all) the vases in the hallway. "Hyung we're in trouble!" Hoseok said to Seokjin then to Yoongi. "First day in this academy and we're already in trouble" Seokjin said while face palming. "Don't worry about anything I'll fix that tomorrow!" Yoongi said reassuringly. "Wow Yoongi?! You should do that I bet the whole country would thank you" Seokjin said sarcastically. 

 

 

On the other hand Jimin and Taehyung were looking at Jungkook with a poker face and disbelief written all over their face. "There's no ghost he said" Taehyung exclaimed. "He got no face he said" Jimin added "said the one who screamed at the top of his lungs in extreme terror!" Taehyung said. "I WAS JUST SURPRISED THAT'S ALL" Jungkook said. "WHY ARE YOU ALL SCREAMING ANYWAY?! " Namjoon shouted not really knowing that he caused such terror in the room. "Namjoon they thought that we're ghosts" Hoseok said with a weak laugh not really stating that he too felt scared at the moment. 

 

 

The next day. "As much as I would like you all to rest I can't do that! In real life you would have to deal the worst wounds, headaches and body pains! Your next mission awaits you! Archery! You have to master archery within a week and if you fail this one, you'll have this academy" Dogbird said. Targets have been placed all over the field. They would have to practice with their respective roommates. One target per room. 

 

 

Namjoon woke up with a bad headache, neither can he think clearly nor stand without stumbling. Hoseok has been holding on to the shoulders of Jimin for support. The younger doesn't seem to mind. Despite Taehyung being a light drinker, he woke up just fine maybe a little body ache but nonetheless he's fine. The rest were pretty okay now. Well, maybe Seokjin was a little bit sweating if not to much not from yesterday's alcohol feast but to their mission. He never really got to try it for himself honestly. On the other hand, the smaller guy with a blank face and pale complexion is now smirking by himself. As a crown prince he had been taught various things and it includes archery. Jungkook feeling confident as ever he's a golden child after all. He can learn anything faster than anyone he thought. Jimin liked archery, his mom despite of being known for a high spirited dancer was also, a talented archer. 

 

 

After the demonstration they were asked to practice to enhance their skill. So with the corresponding roommates lining up and taking chances one after the other, they decided to score themselves according to targets that they've obtain. The first target board was 2 meters away from them. Of course there has to be an easy level Jungkook thought for himself. 

 

 

The first one to try was Jimin, he was feeling confident since he had learned and liked archery ever since childhood. He hit bullseye with a blink of an eye. Everyone got amazed. Jimin looked at them cooly with 'I told you so' written all over his face almost like bragging. It must've been the easy level but that's another way to start a their friendly competition. 

 

 

Yoongi was next, thinking that it was easy-peasy since he had formal trainings. His instructor won't leave not until he only obtained a bullseye. Yoongi checked and summoned the east winds with his fingers and pulled the strings of his bow only to hit the perfect bullseye right in the center. Yoongi looked at the other guys with a smirk while he gave it to Jungkook.

 

 

 Jungkook the tough guy that he is won't just let his hyungs get all the glory. He hit the bullseye without any hesitations it wasn't as perfect as Yoongi or Jimin's but a bullseye nonetheless. He smirked. Everybody was smirking a lot Namjoon said to himself. 

 

 

Hoseok tried pulling the string although he's not as confident as the first 3 he managed to hit the second circle almost as near as the bullseye just fine. Hoseok jumped happily with a "oh?!" sound because he never imagine that he can hit the target despite being 2 meters away. Who could've blamed him? During practice time he would always excuse himself or went out running away or even hiding at his instructor. 

 

 

Taehyung was next, although there's a target range in their backyard he wouldn't dare to try it for himself. He was just hoping that he could at least hit the target board. But when he held the bow it felt familiar, it felt normal as if his body has the muscle memory of playing archery when indeed there's none. He pulled the string of the bow, breathe slowly and with an sudden breeze passed him he let go. Bullseye. He jumped happily and hugged Seokjin and Jimin who were equally as happy as him. 

 

 

Seokjin was next, he knew he's not good at archery but he'll practice twice more than anyone in this group. Every one seemed to be obtaining bullseye. He calmed himself with the thought of it's only 2 meters away how bad could it be? His hands were noticeably shaking and most of his maknaes were also nervous for him when they should be. He pulled the string and *action* "WAAAAAAAH!" Seokjin screamed and hurriedly hugged Jimin and Taehyung almost as if he was going to cry. He managed to hit the second circle even with a very shaky hands. Yoongi smirked at Seokjin being all happy even if his standing was currently the last. 

 

 

Namjoon was the last one. He has been strategizing for the last 10 minutes to somehow hit the bullseye. He also calculated every angle and force that he needed. He breathe slowly. All of them looking at him slightly tensed, slightly amused. He slowly stretched his string and *action* "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" namjoon screamed and everyone laughed so hard. *snap* the string of the bow was broken. Jungkook laughing while clapping his hands, Yoongi was laughing so hard that his gums were already showing, Seokjin with his squeaky windshield wiper laugh while slapping Hoseok. Jimin lost it so he was currently silently laughing while sitting down at the grass. Hoseok tried to calm his Seokjin hyung down but managed to laugh harder. Taehyung's eyes were tearing up at the sight while laughing his heart out. Leaving Namjoon screaming at the top of his lungs, all devastated. It was only their second day on hwarang academy but he managed to break everything that he held or passed by. 

 

 

Namjoon came back from asking their instructor to lend them some bows and dealt with the bow that he managed to break. The instructor decided to reprimand him some other time. "Yah how about we divide into teams?! Those who had proper trainings should teach those who knew little about archery" Hoseok suggested. "Okay let's do that" Yoongi agreed with his usual poker face. 

 

 

"How many teams should we have?" Taehyung asked. Jimin replied with an answer "so how about this? Those who doesn't have any formal trainings or maybe those who ditched archery lessons" Jimin looked at Hoseok only gaining a "ya! You brat!" From Hoseok warning him that he'd slap Jimin if he continued shaming him. "As I were saying, those who knew little about archery raise your hands!" Jimin continued while rolling his eyes on Hoseok. Namjoon, Seokjin, Hoseok, Taehyung and a smirking Jungkook raised their hands. 

 

 

"Ya! Jungkook are you bragging right now?! You've hit the bullseye!" namjoon said slightly provoked. "He said 'those who knew little about archery' I just learned it today! So basically I knew little!" Jungkook said while smirking. "Okay so technically only Yoongi and I had formal trainings! Basically we would divide it into 2 groups but since Taehyung and Jungkook hit the bullseye despite of being 'new' to archery they could be a whole different team" Jimin said in a matter of fact tone. "Aaaaah hyuuuuuung! I want to team up with you! Hyuuuung!" Taehyung exclaimed while clutching into Jimin's clothes slightly throwing tantrums now completely on the ground. "Yaaaaa! Look at him?! Is he a baby or something? Isn't he supposed to be older than me?!" Jungkook said. Taehyung looked at him angrily and hit him in the the leg. Jungkook grunt in pain, skipping while holding his leg and cursing Taehyung for being a child and all. "Hyuuuuuuuung take me with you! Hyuung!" Taehyung said completely clutching into Jimin's waist like a koala. "Taehyung will be pairing up with Jungkook! That's final!" Jimin said with complete authority. "HYUNG WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!" Taehyung said in a soft cry. "Tae, Jungkook and you have natural talent for archery! People like you should practice the way you would naturally feel while pulling the strings of the bow. I'm afraid someone like us who had formal trainings and different style of actually teaching or doing archery could mess up your natural rhythm. Do you understand now Tae?!" Jimin said while slowly Taehyung's hair. "BUT HYUUUUUUNG!!!" Taehyung said but before he could throw another tantrum. Jungkook manhandled him. "Come on now you big baby! Away from your favorite hyung! You're mine now!" Jungkook said while carrying Taehyung in his arms away from their hyungs. Taehyung still throwing a feat with lots of "shiro (no)! Hyuuung!". 

 

 

"Would they be okay? I mean won't Jungkook kill Taehyung?! That guy is pretty scary now!" Hoseok shared his concern. "I don't think so! Taehyung used to be his favorite hyung when we were still young. They were inseparable!" Jimin said with a smile while looking at his maknaes who were still bickering from a far. "I bet they'd be okay" Seokjin said with his arms crossed in his chest. Yoongi looked at him in disbelief "but you aren't!" He said while grabbing Seokjin's wrist. 

 

 

"Jimin-ah since I'm the best one here and he's the worst one. I'll be the one who gets to teach him." Yoongi said in monotone. Jimin just scoff at Yoongi saying 'he's the best' says who he thought. "That's fair enough, I mean Hoseok had formal trainings but he was just lazy. At least he had one, so you won't be starting from scratch. And Namjoon? I don't know what he's capable of other than breaking things." Yoongi added still in monotone. Namjoon just looked at Yoongi as if he's gonna lit him on fire anytime soon 'bultaoruene' was in his mind. Jimin just sighed and agreed he's pretty sure Namjoon could do archery. And with that Yoongi still holding Seokjin's wrist walked away to their respective target board and firing field. 

 

 

"Ya! Yoongi am I not your hyung? What are you saying that I'm the worst?! I've managed to hit the board and it's my first time also! If I'm the worst I wouldn't have hit the target and instead send it flying into space!" Seokjin said without stopping. "Hyung it was also Jungkook and Taehyung's first time but they hit the bullseye" Yoongi said while still dragging Seokjin. "But still!" Seokjin tried to argue but Yoongi faced him and just put his fingers on the elders lips to shush him. "Don't worry hyung after I'm done teaching you you'll be like Jumong! We'll be summoning the east winds together". 

 

 

"Now what?" Namjoon asked Jimin. Jimin faced him "Hyung you got to show me what you got then we'll decide" he said. Hoseok standing beside Jimin just smiled.  Namjoon looked at the target board again. Hastily computing the angle and all. He stretched the string once again this time not too much. He breathes slowly and hit the second circle half an inch close to bullseye. He gestured his hand 'yes I hit it'. "Woah! Hyung you're not that bad! You're actually quite good!" Jimin said leaving Namjoon slightly blushing because he was being praised. "Yoongi hyung was right! Even if I have to teach the two of you. You're quite good already so I only need to teach you few things before we can all relax" Jimin said smiling. 

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! I think this is the longest chapter so far. I'll be updating real soon, I'll just have to finish studying because I have exams tomorrow. So far this is more like a friendship au but I think next chapter would have a tad bit of romance. *oops*. Also, I tried involving everyone as much as I can so that no member would be left out and all. But let me know if it gets too boring or if I should add a little bit of spice in this story lol. I'm open for suggestion. I'm saving up because I'm thinking about commissioning some great fan artists because as I've said before I really want to see a BTS as Hwarangs fan art but can't find any so I'm gonna make that happen myself PLUS it would make a great cover. It's kinda hard saving up especially with Bighit releasing something every month whahahha! I'm freaking broke. Don't forget to vote BTS on MAMA and study hard okay? Take care always!

Love, 

Eiren 💕💕