Archery 101

Even if I die it's you

Jungkook dropped Taehyung on the ground earning a lot of "aish this brat!" from the older. Jungkook looked down at him and said "Alright baby boy! Stop cursing right now or you'll get what you deserve later!". "YAAAA BRAT SHIRO! IM STILL OLDER THAN YOU! YOU SHOULD TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!" Taehyung shouted. Jungkook sighed and answered "respect doesn't come with age. It is earned." with in a matter of fact voice. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Taehyung screamed then kicked Jungkook's bad leg again. "ARGHHH! YAAAAAAA!" Jungkook said while clutching his bad leg, breathed again and after a loud sigh he said in a very plastic calmed voice "Baby boy please cooperate with me or else I'll have to punish you. Now let's see what you got .". Taehyung just looked at him with disbelief, grabbed his bow and asked Jungkook where he should stand. "12 meters away from the target board baby boy!" Jungkook said with a wide grin in his face. 

 

 

The youngest is enjoying his time bullying his Hyung. He used to be his favorite hyung. For what it seemed, he never really changed nor did he grew up. He was still the same child Tae Hyung that he befriended. His Tae Hyung who he have walked with him like a crab. Jungkook doesn't know what to feel. Sure he is mature now. Maybe a little cold, a little distant but not less of a mischievous child that he was. Maybe he was just awkward around his hyungs? Or maybe he was awkward to everyone. Maybe that's puberty Jungkook thought for himself while watching over Taehyung. 

 

 

As Taehyung pulled the bow string he felt a sudden rush inside his body as if his body is telling him that he got this. As if he knew what to do. He involuntarily let go. He wasn't ready, He wasn't mentally ready. He silently whimpered "andwae (no)". He looked at Jungkook with a puppy eye but was surprised at the younger's reaction. A puzzled Jungkook (lol he was Jungshook). He looked at the target board and saw that he managed to hit the target with ease. Another bullseye from him. Jungkook was dumbfounded but convinced himself later on that it was just a beginners luck after all it's just 12 meters long. 

 

 

Jungkook grabbed the bow to a still surprised Taehyung. Jungkook aimed at the target and let go just as fast. Bullseye. Jungkook smirked and said "Just as I expected! It was very easy. Everyone can do it. Everyone.". Taehyung just looked at him. "I wonder what happened to that cheerful maknae we got." Taehyung said to himself. "How about we try shooting 40 meters from now on? I'll give you three tries! The one who gets the closest to the bullseye wins! BUT the loser will have to follow everything the winner has to order. For an entire week! Deal?" Jungkook said. "Ya! What?! Isn't it too much?! I mean isn't it too far? I mean 12 meters to 40 meters that fast?! Yaaaa! It's not like we had a proper training moreover a training." 

 

 

"Come on now baby boy! You're not that bad at this! Just try not shooting into the space" Jungkook said while Taehyung pouts thinking that it wouldn't be such a nice idea. Jungkook sensed the fear of his Hyung so he whispered "don't worry if you win you can have me for 24/7. One word from you and I'll do it, no buts! However if you lose, you'll do whatever I say, wherever and whenever I want!". Taehyung gulped he can sense that the younger one was planning something evil on him. Taehyung never liked fighting that's why he's very hesitant on being a hwarang. It is true that his father never forced him to do anything he doesn't like. Part of him doesn't want to go. Another part of him wants to, for whatever reason he can never fully understand. But most part of him wants to explore the world and "maybe" he thought, that the hidden reason of him entering the hwarang house is another adventure that he shouldn't be missing out. 

 

 

"Aish! SHIROOO! You're trying to trick me! You're good at this! You're confident on winning this and you only want me to be miserable! SO NO!" Taehyung said. He kinda regret saying that. He wanted to test his limit, he wanted to know if it's just luck or it is his genuine skill. Jungkook just looked at him. "Ah! I said shiro!" Taehyung said while turning back from Jungkook's stare with crossed arms in his chest. Jungkook sighed. He wanted to play but his Hyung was being difficult. "Hyung! I'm not that patient! So take this bow and start hitting the target before I hit you instead!" Jungkook said with his eyes widening with ever word he said. Taehyung blinked thrice as much as he normally would. Did he just call me Hyung? I wasn't hallucinating or anything right? He asked himself. "Wh- what did you just c- call me? Hhhyung?! AISH YOU BRAT YOU REMEMBERED WHAT RESPECT IS!" Taehyung said. "WHAT?! I- I- DIDNT I- ... SHUT UP! SO IS IT A DEAL OR WHAT?" Jungkook said. Taehyung's boxy smile made a comeback and said "yup you got yourself a deal, child".  

 

 

Taehyung knew if he could win over Jungkook he'll get a chance of a lifetime to boss around his 'tough guy' maknae and for him to start calling him Hyung again. Jungkook being a brat was far from what he imagined Jungkook will be. "So who's going first?" Taehyung asked.  "You are!" Jungkook said. "Ya that's not fair! Let's play kai bai bo! The loser will be the first one" Taehyung said. "Hmmm fair enough!" Jungkook said. "Kai bai bo!" Jungkook with a scissor and Taehyung with a rock. "Okay I won whahahah!" Taehyung said while jumping. Jungkook was kinda annoyed at his Hyung but laughs inside because deep down he thinks his Hyung was cute and was the same child he was but he won't really admit it. 

He focused at his target, breathed slowly, and shoot his first arrow. He is confident that he would win. He hits the second circle. Not bad Jungkook thought but not good enough. He shoot again with his other 2 arrows and both hit the first circle. He smirked at Taehyung. 

 

 

Taehyung gulped now nervous as ever. He didn't thought he would be this scared at Jungkook. He thought Jungkook, even with his high confidence, won't be able to shoot as close as he did now. He just thought about the thinks Jungkook would do to him or make him do after this. He would be Tae-nderella for the entire week. He grabbed the bow at a still smirking Jungkook. He sighed deeply and tried to calm himself down but he just couldn't. His hands were shaking so much. He aimed at the target his body is telling him to release now but he just couldn't let go. He has to be sure. There's no need to be hasty. He has to calculate his every move. Unfortunately, with every second passing by he grew more nervous and his hands were trembling more than ever. He shoots but missed the traget board. His eyes grew big and was feeling light headed for not thinking about the deal more. Jungkook just grinned at him. He shoot his second one but landed outside the second circle in which Jungkook just smirked again. He was now thinking about getting on his knees and beg Jungkook to have mercy on his soul. He took a deep sighed again and let loose. He thought if his body really had the muscle memory he would just go with the flow. He countered his natural movement from his previous arrows but nothing good happened. "aish! Whatever." was the last thing he said before he let go of his last arrow, his last chance, his last hope. He closed his eyes. He was done for. He would have to let Jungkook enslave him just because of a stupid deal he didn't think enough of. He got all hyped up when he heard "Hyung" from his previously cherished maknae. He wanted to see that old Jungkook again. Not this cold, evil maknae. 

 

 

Taehyung opened his eyes when he heard nothing from Jungkook. He should be rejoicing right now. He looked at Jungkook and was surprised to see him with a mouth wide open in shock. He looked at the target board. Bullseye. He managed to hit the edge of the bullseye. So basically  he was the winner. Jungkook just fell down to his knees onto the grass in disbelief. "Andwae. Andwae." He said to himself. His eyes were wide from the shock he was in. He was confident. No one was supposed to beat him. He was the golden maknae. He was the ace here. Not that pathetic Hyung of his. Acting like a child all the time. He knew it shouldn't be a big deal. It wasn't really a big deal. But his pride won't let him. His greed for being the best is the worst. It's taking a toll on him. He offered that deal because he knew he was better than Taehyung. He knew that he can take on everyone who stands in his way. He knew he would win. It wasn't really a big deal he thought again for himself trying to calm himself. 

 

 

Taehyung noticed Jungkook's reaction was not settling down. For whatever reason he felt bad for the younger. He walked closer to Jungkook. He put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and said "take a good rest today. You don't look well". Jungkook stood up and removed Taehyung's hand harshly. "Don't look down on me! Do you think I'm that pathetic?! You might win this game but that doesn't mean you're better than me!" Jungkook shouted with his wide bloodshot eyes. "What are you saying? Take a rest! That's an order! No buts" Taehyung said while pulling Jungkook into a hug. Jungkook just froze. Taehyung run his hand at Jungkook's back and said "I don't want my baby to feel bad. Hyung will be sad too.". He was baby talking. Pouting and all that stuff. Jungkook heard him but decided not to say anything. He dragged Jungkook into their room and pushed him into his bed. "Have a good rest okay? Hyung have to be sure you're fine" Taehyung said with his boxy smile. "Oh and one more thing. You're mine now" Taehyung added as he closed the room and left. Jungkook blinked twice and asked what he got himself into. 

 

 

"So you pull the string like this..." Yoongi kept on blubbering somethings about how to do archery properly but it wasn't really sinking into Seokjin's brain. He was amazed at how their prince was still the same. Among all of them, Yoongi was the only one who didn't really change at all. He was that same old cold and savage child he used to know. After a few more years he would become the next king. He wonders what kind of king, Yoongi will be. His thoughts were cut when Yoongi said "and that's how you do it." and looked at him in the eye. "Here do all the things I shown you hyung" Yoongi said while giving the bow to Seokjin. "Huh?! Ah! Thank you" Seokjin grabbed the bow. Clearly he wasn't paying attention to anything Yoongi just did or said. "Okay so uhmm..." Seokjin was trying to win at the target and missed. He just scratched his neck and awkwardly laughed. "Hyung you didn't paid attention to me awhile ago, no?" Yoongi said while staring at his Hyung with his famous sharp look. "Well I ... the truth is ..." Seokjin said but was cut off again by Yoongi when he went closer to Seokjin and grabbed his hand that was holding the bow.

 

 

"So you do it like this!" Yoongi said as he guide and positioned Seokjin, aiming at the target. "Just breathe and calm down okay?" Yoongi said. "Also listen to others when they're trying to teach and demonstrate something to you! Oh and lastly, be confident" Yoongi added in monotone. Unlike everyone who would always think of him as a savage cold and heartless individual he actually is a warm man inside. To be honest Yoongi did notice that his Seokjin Hyung changed a lot. As a child he had so much confidence and would actually be the first person to approach you. But now? He's too shy to start with. As if he was living in his own shell. He doesn't believe in himself. That small child used to brag about how precious he was and how everyone calls him handsome. He doesn't even give a sh*t even if it's the crown prince he's talking to. Yoongi just stared blankly at his Hyung who's trying to practice his archery skill. He barely hit the second circle. He realized how big his Hyung has gotten. He has such manly features. Not to mention his broad shoulders. He grew more handsome than anyone could imagine. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to believe that he is since he lack so much confidence plus saying that he is awkward is an understatement. 

 

 

"Hyung. Aim at the target, be confident and let go." Yoongi said. That kinda startled Seokjin which sent his arrow flying towards the space. "How can you be so bad at this?" Yoongi stared in disbelief. "Yaaaaa! You startled me! if you haven't then I might hit the target better! Plus you're the one who is teaching me! If I failed you failed as a teacher! Jumong and east winds my face! Do your job properly! Stop blabbering too much" Seokjin's speed attack got Yoongi by surprise. "Wah this Hyung is really something else!" Yoongi said to himself and huffed in disbelief. "I am taking back my word when I said he lack confidence. He's asking for a death wish" Yoongi added to his thought. They were silent for a second but then Yoongi went closer to Seokjin. Seokjin was clueless thus he stood there like a statue. Yoongi held Seokjin's left hand that is holding the bow, positioned it then move on to Seokjin's right hand to stretch the bow string. "Aim at the target, breathe and let go" Yoongi said while still holding his Hyung. They were only 4 inches far from each other. Yoongi can clearly hear his Hyung's heavy breathing if not his irregular and loud heart beat. Yoongi let go after he positioned Seokjin. Bullseye. Seokjin blinked twice and huffed. "Check the east winds every once in a while too" Yoongi said while chuckling a bit. In the other hand, Seokjin thought that Yoongi was such a show off and he grinned at that idea. 

 

 

Seokjin just kept on practicing and he becomes better and better at it. Yoongi on the other hand sleeps at a tree near them. Seokjin looked at a sleeping Yoongi and grinned "check the east wind every once in a while he said. Okay east wind I have to hit the bullseye." Seokjin said to himself while raising his fingers to actually check the wind. He focused at his target, breathes out and let go. **action** "YAAAAAAAAH! YOONGI YAAAAAAAAH!" Seokjin screamed waking up Yoongi. "WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT HAPPEN?! WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?! ARE YOU HURT" Yoongi shouted too. "YOONGI IVE HIT THE BULLSEYE YAAAAAAAAH! I TOLD YOU I CAN DO IT! WAAAAAAH! IM THE BEST ARCHER EVER! I DID IT ALL WITH MY GENIUS MIND AND ACE HAND AND EYE COORDINATION! YAAAAAAAAH IM REALLY GOOD!" Seokjin said while pulling Yoongi into a hug, not calming down even for a second. "YA YAAAA HAJIMA! HAJIMA (STOP) SCREAMING! YOURE HURTING MY EARS" Yoongi said as he pushed his Hyung who is now tearing up while laughing. "I'm sorry. I'm just happy waaaaaah it felt so good! I'm doing a better job now! Thanks Yoongi" Seokjin said. "Don't mention it! I'm just a great teacher. I told you you'd be better in no time and that you'll be better than Jumong. Also, don't forget that I'm still the crown prince okay?! You can't just do anything you'd like" Yoongi said. "Uhhhhmmmm okaaay?! I'm gonna show you again" Seokjin said while repeating everything that he did a little earlier, including checking the east wind. "What are you doing?!" Yoongi said while chuckling a little. He thought his Hyung was being silly for actually doing it. "What? Yoongi ya! Checking the east winds worked! " Seokjin said looking at Yoongi while letting go. Another bullseye. Seokjin's lost confidence is finally coming back bit by bit. He smirked. 

 

 

 

"Oh Jimin! You're really good at this! Waaaaah! If only I haven't ran away when I was a kid I bet I'd be as good as you! " Hoseok said who is completely in awe with Jimin's archery skills. "Thank you Hyung! But you're not half as bad as you thought! Just a little practice and you could beat Yoongi Hyung aka Jumong aka the best archer in our group!" Jimin said sarcastically. Everyone laughed at the idea. "To be honest I can calculate everything and understand anything in no time. The only problem is keeping something safe and sound without it turning into tiny pieces." Namjoon said jokingly. Everyone laughed harder. Unlike the other groups. Hoseok, Namjoon and Jimin were actually having fun while practicing. They made jokes and everyone laughs. Nevertheless they were shooting bullseye at the end of the day. 

 

 

Hi guys I'm Eiren I'm really sorry for updating really really late. I would update soon and thank you for your support💕💕