Not a child anymore

Even if I die it's you

Nine years later. 

 

The future of Silla and the new generation of Hwarangs, their time has come. Now is the right time to fulfill their destiny and duty. To serve their country and uphold justice and peace. Today is their first day in the Hwarang's academy. Since there are no bone rank system anymore, the population of those who would be joining as Hwarangs have tripled. Even the prince is expected to join them. Sadly within those 9 years they haven't been able to see each other twice as much. Every year they seem to be seeing each other less and less often until they completely lost in touch with each other for about 5 years ago. 

 

So they bid their goodbyes to their loved ones because they will be staying at the academy for a whole year and could only go out during their breaks. After the gates had been closed they have been greeted by their new master and the one who would be teaching them is Dogbird. 

 

The room assignment is next. They would pick their rooms that they would be staying at randomly without knowing who would they share it with. The rooms were pretty big there's 3 king sized beds and one solo bed in the center. Seokjin ended up sharing his bed with Yoongi, Taehyung with Namjoon, Jimin with Hoseok and Jungkook in the solo bed. Awkwardness is an understatement to say especially when they haven't seen each other for 5 years now. They must've been very close in their childhood but it's a different story now. Some of them seemed to outgrow their oldest hyung. Some of them for what it's worth doesn't feel like the children that they were before. Well most of them except for Yoongi who's as cold as before, a strong aura within his presence, and his oh so famous poker face. 

 

They all walked to their dinning room with everyone not trying to dare say a word. Each sat according to their rooms per table. They met  their instructor, Dogbird, with a feast on their tables and alcoholic beverages at another station. 

 

"Welcome future of Silla! In here you would learn how to be strong physically, emotionally and spiritually. Enjoy the feast that we've prepared for all of you first before going to your first challenge!" Dogman said with Jungkook smirking in his table. He knew his dad won't give him any special treatments if not a much harder load. 

 

Yoongi without any doubt doesn't have to be said asked twice and start eating. The rest of the guys followed. 

 

"It's not half as bad as I think it would taste" Yoongi suddenly exclaimed without looking at anyone. Everyone got startled and not really sure if they should say something. Awkwardness getting thicker and thicker with each passing seconds. "Waaaah! This is one of the best meals I ever had! Waaaah!" Hoseok exclaimed while his mouth is full which startled the guys again. "Ya Hoseok ever heard of manners?" Namjoon said slightly annoyed at the older. "Ya! You brat it's Hoseok hyung for you! You should ask yourself at what kind of manners you have! Aish!" Hoseok  said who acted as if he would hit Namjoon right in his head with a spoon. 

 

"Can you two just focus on eating? My ears were hurting already" Jungkook said as all of them eyed the youngest and thought how much he has changed, how manly he is now compared to the baby Jungkook that they kept on stumbling down and would always cling to his hyungs whenever he had given a chance but nonetheless he wasn't 10x of a brat that he is now. Jimin saw how the hyung line all got flustered and shocked at what Jungkook said "Come on now Jungkook ! They are still your hyungs pay some respect at least." Jimin said as Jungkook just looked at him and sighed. "Jimin hyung let's just eat" Taehyung said with his deep voice and was serious this time. The eldest must've been the most flustered one in the table. He's been observing his maknaes and he can't believe that they were the same children he grew up with. They've changed so much! The maknae line in particular were always cheerful and would get along really well then. When did they all grew up? Taehyung in particular has a much deeper voice now, much deeper than his and Namjoon towering over him soon enough either Taehyung or Jungkook would catch up with his height as well. Well who could've blamed him? When he, himself, did change too. He used to be the first one to talk with such confidence and authority. Now he's just someone who's completely opposite to what he is then. Maybe it was puberty that took toll on him. He was unusually shy and awkward. As much as he would want to reprimand those brats he just doesn't have the guts to do it. 

 

They finished eating without talking to each other. After half an hour of not talking, their instructor announced that they would have to carry on on their first mission now. 

 

"Okay move on to the next station. Each of you would have to drink 3 cups of strong liquor that we've prepared for you. We never know what the outside world might bring and fooling the guards with a strong liquor would be such an easy option. So you must know, what you're having and how to take it as if you had a glass of water" Dogbird said smiling while reminiscing his youth with him almost passing out at the mission. 

 

Seokjin, Jimin and Jungkook were feeling confident about this mission. They were the heavy drinkers in the group. Hoseok and Taehyung were on the losing end they thought, they didn't really liked drinking as much as the others. Namjoon being fine with it and Yoongi just sighing at how dumb and easy their first mission is. In his defense, even though he's not a strong drinker he did think he have tasted almost all kinds of alcohol especially the most rare and  expensive ones.

 

With the sound of a gong signifying for them to drink the first cup none of them were hesitant and took a shot. Seokjin can feel his throat burning but it's a 'good burn' as Seokjin put it. Jimin's eyes dilated he had never expected a liquor as strong as this exist. Jungkook took a shot very confidently almost as if to show how he can take anything in the world. Hoseok make face at how bitter it is and how his head started pounding right there and then. Taehyung swears he saw butterflies flying in every direction after his first cup, he was now unconsciously laughing by himself. Namjoon can feel his brain being pounced and Yoongi with a blank expression in his face. Another gong was heard and all of them took a long swig. Unlike the first cup, the second cup left most of the hwarangs incapable of standing. Seokjin, Jimin and Jungkook as the strong drinker were still capable of standing but did stumble one to many times now. With another cup Hoseok decided to join Taehyung in laughing their hearts out (in the floor to be exact). Namjoon's hands were already shaking so badly that he has to use his other hand just to make it stable again and finish his shot. Yoongi is now silently laughing in which his gums can be seen. The last gong was heard and made most of the hwarangs (if not all) were struggling and crawling just to reach the table losing their ability to stand completely. Some of them even passed out after the third shot. 

 

A very not so confident Seokjin was now struggling just to take the last shot because his hands were trembling so bad. The veins in his neck began to appear, his whole face was red as a tomato, his bottom lips were shaking as he took the last shot but not without some liquor leaking in the side of his mouth. Jimin gripping the edge of the table as if his life depends on it. His legs were failing him and his eyes were rolling upside as he's trying to make sense of the creatures that's in front of him with a now blurred vision. Jungkook who completely lost it was now sitting in the floor with wide mouth open rocking his body slightly while staring blankly at the space. Hoseok with Taehyung were now crawling while crying and laughing ever once in a while "THE WORLD IS SHAKING HYUNG" Taehyung said "YA TAEHYUNG WHAT DO MEAN BY SKATING?!" Hoseok replied. "I said don't move! You're a bad cup! Huh? Don't you know I'm the most intelligent one here?! Huh? ..." Namjoon kept blabbing about random things to a cup while already on his knees. Huh said the most intelligent man in the room. Finally, Yoongi in his last cup was no longer smiling but on full on laughing mode. He would also occasionally tap the table whenever he felt tapping it. 

 

Dogbird just laughed at the sight of his students crawling on the floor like how he used to be when he was on their position. He also announced that a cold shower would make them feel tad bit better. 

 

Instead of doing what their instructor said most of them just went straight. Well not straight actually tumbling maybe but to be honest they were struggling just to enter their room. Yoongi laid down on his shared bed with Seokjin as if it wasn't shared. Seokjin following Yoongi in their bed and pushing Yoongi just to make a space for him to lay down. Nonetheless sending Yoongi rolling of the bed. Yoongi grunt in pain but managed to make way again in his bed slightly stepping into Seokjin. Jimin without a sense of direction and maybe out of his blurry vision and headache went straight to Jungkook's solo bed. Taehyung and Hoseok who couldn't even crawl lost conscious in each other's arm right there and then. Namjoon calmed himself for a bit and went to their room as normal as possible. Well, not after he started knocking out things and destroying anything that he would pass on. Lastly, the manly Jungkook went straight to his bed and when he saw Jimin sleeping in his bed. He automatically clung to him like a koala and with his bunny teeth showing he would occasionally shout "hyung is so fluffy!". The Seokjin subconsciously smiled and said "Baby Jungkook has returned maybe a little lost but he never left ".

 

With one final giggle from Jungkook while squeezing his hyung in a tight hug they all passed out.