Chapter 6

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come in Doyeon.” Mr. Wong gestured for Doyeon to come.

It’s been a couple of days since Doyeon gave Yoojung time to think about their relationship. Yoojung was trying to find the best way to word what she wanted to say. She wants to be with Doyeon. She knows that for sure, but she’s scared. She’s scared of being left behind. Then again that does prove that she doesn’t have faith in Doyeon. She doesn’t have faith that Doyeon is able to stay.

Yoojung was feeling nervous seeing Doyeon walked in. Why is Doyeon here? She should be training. Doyeon was dressed in a suit, which fit her perfectly. Yoojung couldn’t help but admire Doyeon.

“Today you will be going with me around with Ms. Choi. This way you can practice going around and being active.” Mr. Wong explained.

Yoojung kept looking at Doyeon, wanting her to look back. Yoojung wanted an eye contact, or just something that lets her know how Doyeon is feeling. Doyeon was looking everywhere else except at Yoojung.

“Alright let’s get going.” Mr. Wong.

Yoojung wanted to walk slower so she can talk to Doyeon, but she had to walk ahead while mr. Wong and Doyeon trail behind.

They got into the car, Mr. Wong was the driver while Doyeon sat in the passenger seat. Doyeon was looking out the window, while Yoojung sat in the back. Yoojung leaned forward and stuck her hand on the right side of Doyeon’s seat. Curse her short arm and fingers. Yoojung was searching for Doyeon, but she couldn’t reach.

Doyeon must have noticed something beside her seat, then she bent her arm backward discretely and found Yoojung’s hand. Yoojung was surprised. Then Doyeon gave Yoojung’s hand a squeeze. She was about to let go, but Yoojung quickly grabbed a hold of it and held it.

They held hands the entire ride to the meeting. Yoojung was feeling a bit happy. So Doyeon still felt something.

They walked into a VIP room and in the room there was a girl sitting with a guard near her.

“Hi Yoojungie!” The girl waved happily.

“Hey Yerin unnie.” Yoojung smiled.

Yerin got up and pulled out the chair for Yoojung.

“Thanks.” Yoojung said.

Yerin patted Yoojung on the head and went back to her seat. They brought in the food and then they started eating.

“So as a bodyguard, you have to watch out for every small detail.” Mr. Wong explained.

Doyeon wanted to pay attention to his words, but she was distracted with Yoojung practically being on a date with someone else.

“Understand?” Mr. Wong asked.

“Huh, oh yeah.” Doyeon nodded her head, “what is Ms. Choi doing here? Are they having a business meeting?”

“It’s not business per say. Ms. Choi and Ms. Jung are dating each other.”

Doyeon tried to hide her surprised face.

“Oh. I see, how long have they been dating?” Doyeon asked.

“About two months now, I believe.”

Two months. So Yoojung’s been cheating on Doyeon? If it’s one of those blind dates that Yoojung get stuck with, Doyeon was wondering why didn’t Yoojung mentioned this to her.

“I’m gonna go to the restroom really quick.” Yoojung said.

“Doyeon, please go with her.”

Doyeon nodded and followed behind Yoojung and they both left the VIP room. Yoojung looked around and saw that there was no one around so she hugged Doyeon’s arm, making both of them stop in their tracks.

“Doyeon-ah…” Yoojung said cutely.

“Hmmm?”

“I miss you.” Yoojung said.

Doyeon didn’t know what to say, she was feeling heartbroken.

“You told me to think about it and I did. I know I want to be with you. I’m in love with you Doyeon-ah and I’m happy to fall in love with someone like you.” Yoojung confessed.

She was about to lean in to kiss Doyeon, but Doyeon dodged it.

“Yoojung-ah.” Doyeon said.

“What’s wrong?” Yoojung asked with worry eyes.

“Who was that? I heard you been dating her for 2 months now.”

Yoojung was trying to find a way to explain to Doyeon ealier, but she guessed it was now or never.

“My parents set it up and at first I was against it, but we really hit it off and we had a lot in common.”

“So you’ve been cheating on me then?”

“No, Doyeon-ah!” Yoojung tried to defend herself. She was about to continue but there were people walking nearby. So both Yoojung and Doyeon were walking back to the room.

Yoojung was frustrated. Now Doyeon thinks Yoojung is cheating. Yoojung only see yerin unnie as a friend or an older sister. She doesn’t have any romantic feelings with Yerin unnie.

Doyeon never cry. She’s not gonna start now. It feels like such a mistake for agreeing to all of this. Doyeon agreed to this in the first place to be with Yoojung. Who would have thought it just causes more trouble.

For the rest of Yoojung’s date, the both of them were eating and talking happily. Doyeon was staring everywhere else but at them. Yoojung was smiling and laughing, but inside she was worried about Doyeon. She didn’t want to lose Doyeon.

“I hope we can hangout again. Let’s go to the movies next time!” Yerin smiled.

“Yeah we should, that’d be fun!”

Yerin gave a hug to Yoojung and lingered a bit. Then Yerin left with her guard, while Yoojung walked toward Mr. Wong and Doyeon.

“What do we have next?” Yoojung asked.

“You were supposed to attend a meeting, but it has been postponed. So you are free for a couple of hours. Is there anything you would like to do?” Mr. Wong asked.

‘Go on a date with Doyeon.’ Yoojung mentally thought.

“Mr. Wong, can I ask you for a favor?” Yoojung asked.

“What is it?”

“You can have the next couple hours off, while Doyeon and I go play around the city. Doesn’t that sound great?” Yoojung asked with her adorable eye smile.

“I don’t know, I’m supposed to be by your side protecting you.”

“But Doyeon will be beside me! I heard you telling my parents that Doyeon is really good and can be the next you!”

Doyeon coughed in embarrassment. She didn’t know if Yoojung was telling the truth, but if Mr. Wong really said that then it is a high honor.

“It’s true, but I don’t know…” Mr. Wong said uncertainly, "It would be nice to take a break though..."

“Please! I’ll put in good words with my dad.” Yoojung gave her best puppy dog eyes.

“Alright! I can’t resist those eyes. Just stay safe alright? Do you need the car?” Mr. Wong asked.

“Thank you! Yes please!” Yoojung hugged him. Mr. Wong has always been more of an uncle to Yoojung so she always treated him like that.

Mr. Wong handed Yoojung the keys and then he bid them farewell.

“What are you planning?” Doyeon asked, she was still a bit mad at Yoojung.

“Let’s go!”

Yoojung pulled Doyeon to go back to the car. They both sat and Doyeon was expecting Yoojung to start the car, but Yoojung just turned to Doyeon.

“Now let me explain.” Yoojung said.

Doyeon just stared at her waiting.

“I only see Yerin unnie as an older sister or a friend. Doyeon-ah, you’re the only one I have ever truly liked. I’m so scared to lose you. I’m sorry for doubting you, I shouldn’t have. After 7 months you’re still here training hard to be by my side and protecting me. I’m grateful for that.”

Yoojung reached over to Doyeon’s hands and held it, “I love you. Only you. No one else. If we were a bit older I’d ask you to marry me right at this moment.”

Doyeon had to bite her lip to stop herself from smiling.

Yoojung’s hand moved to Doyeon’s cheek, “don’t ever doubt my love for you.”

Yoojung leaned in and Doyeon didn’t kiss her back.

“Are you still mad?” Yoojung asked. She bit her lip to try not to cry.

Doyeon just wanted to torture Yoojung a bit for hurting her heart earlier.

Doyeon just nodded her head.

“Please don’t be. I onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter