Chapter 4

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After getting back home Yoojung felt like she slept for days, but she actually just slept for a day after getting back. Everything was back to normal. Well as normal as it could be. Her parents hired more security for her. Yoojung also remember to lock her window every night. She's been trying to forget about Doyeon, but she couldn’t. It doesn’t feel right that she’s in jail. Doyeon is actually kind-hearted, she’s just...was used to growing up on the street. She had to do whatever to survive.

Yoojung wants to go see Doyeon, but it didn’t feel right. Somehow Doyeon had put in her lucky charm into Yoojung’s pocket. Yoojung wears it and it makes her feel somewhat better.

She’s been so frustrated with herself because she misses Doyeon, but she shouldn’t. Yoojung wants to be with Doyeon, but she shouldn’t. It’s stuipd. It’s dumb.

“Miss?”

“Huh?”

Yoojung was brought out of her thoughts when she saw her maid coming in.

“You were spacing out.” the maid said.

“Ahh I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

“Lua-ah, let me ask you something. Is it strange that I miss Doyeon?” Yoojung asked.

“She was your kidnapper, right? Yup. that’s pretty strange.”

“But I don’t know what it is about her. I know that she’s different. If she meant harm to me then why did she saved me three times?”

“Uhh...that I have no idea. She took you away from home though, against your will.”

Yoojung thought a bit, “but she never harmed me in any ways. She was caring at some parts. She also let me go in the end.”

“I don’t know…”

“It’s weird. I feel connected to her. We’ve been apart for a week and I miss her. I just want to see her. I want to be with her.” Yoojung sighed with frustration.

“Be with her? LIke be be with her?”

“I think so. Whenever she asked for kisses, I always want to lean in. Sometimes I think about kissing her too. Ugh!”

“Then just do it.” Lua said.

“What?”

“Do it. I mean you’ve always been brought up ‘right’, so just be wild this time. Be with Doyeon, if it doesn’t work out at least you tried.” Lua said.

“You have a point… but she used to be my kidnapper!”

“Other people have done worse. She isn’t just a normal kidnapper. She actually saved your life.”

It didn't take a lot to convince Yoojung. Why not? Yoojung should just give it a try and go for it. Yoojung ran out of the house to meet the head of security, Mr. Wong.

“Ahh Miss Choi, how are you feeling?” Mr. Wong asked. Yoojung was annoyed with this. This was how everyone has been greeting her.

“Good. I have a request!” Yoojung said.

“What can I help you with?”

“I want to see Doyeon. Take me to see her now, please.”

“You want to see her?”

“Yes! Let’s go.”

Mr. Wong just looked at Yoojung weirdly, but he agreed. They both got into the car and started driving off.

Doyeon was sitting in her cell for a week now. Well her bad deeds have finally caught up to her. She didn’t regret letting Yoojung free though. That stupid girl. Why did she had to meet her? Doyeon has always told herself to be heartless, but Yoojung is just different. She’s intriguing. She was sassy to Doyeon and wasn’t afraid. Doyeon didn’t know why she took those knife for her. Doyeon keeps telling herself it’s because she needed Yoojung alive in order to get the files, but her heart doesn’t believe it. She couldn’t bear to see that little girl be hurt.

“Here she is.”

Doyeon heard an officer say. Then she saw Yoojung with that man that helped her.

“Yoojung?” Doyeon tried to get up, but stopped due to the pain in her stomach.

Since she’s been in jail she hasn’t gotten the proper care for her stomach. It still hurts, but not too much. It just hurts a lot when she stands up suddenly.  

“Please open this.” Yoojung said.

Then the officer agreed and opened the door.

“I want to talk to her alone.” Yoojung said.

“Are you sure?” Mr. Wong said.

Yoojung nodded, then they walked away.

“Doyeon!” Yoojung said and went to hug Doyeon. Doyeon was surprised. Doyeon was gonna return the hug, but she stopped midair.

“Why are you here?”

“I wanted to see you. You shouldn’t be in here!” Yoojung said.

“I’m a criminal, I’m in the right place.”

“No you’re not.” Yoojung still had her arms around Doyeon’s waist, “you saved my life 3 times. You cared for me.” Yoojung paused for a bit, “I’m not delusional right? You do care for me.”

Doyeon automatically nodded even though her head was telling her not to, “But that doesn’t mean I’m not a criminal.”

“I’m gonna do everything in my power to get you free.” Yoojung said.

“Yoojung-ah, just-” Doyeon was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter