Chapter 9

Runaways

3 Years Later

"High school can kiss my ," Youngjae sighed, pushing his math homework away from him.

"You know, if you would have simplified that right there," Taehyung said pointing at the youngests homework. "You can solve that equation in three steps, at most."

"Scuse me, Mr. I'm so good at like everything, but I refuse to do AP classes." Youngjae scoffed, throwing a chip at Taehyung, which he caught and chomped on happily.

"Hey, I already get beat up. Imagine what kind of horrible things will happen if I were to be in advanced classes." Taehyung replied, nonchalantly, shrugging.

"I still can't believe Jaebum is such an . Or, you know who." Youngjae eyed him, seeing how Taehyung seemed to hold up his casual front.

"Eh, expect the unexpected?" Taehyung suggested laughing. "Just like right now. Mr. Kim is coming over to see you about your math. He'll be here in 3, 2-" Taehyung said, picking at his nails.

He never even looked up once, yet Youngjae saw the older man walking towards them with a smile plastered on his face, his lips stretching. "Ah Youngjae, how's it going?" Mr. Kim asked him, ignoring the homework from last night that wasn't done.

"I-I am doing okay, and you?" He stuttered, pushing his body on the table to hide the blank sheet.

"Good to know. And, Youngjae, you know you could ask Taehyung for help." He told the male, walking away.

"Taehyung," Youngjae whispered when his teacher was out of sight. "How the did you know he was coming over here?"

"Common probability of it happening was over 50. Your one of his struggling students, he was here, so bam. Really, Youngjae, just think about it." Taehyung said shrugging.

His younger friend smiled at him and pushed his shoulder. "You're truly something else. Let's go to the bathroom, I need to pee, but you know I hate going alone." He whined, pulling on Taehyungs sleeve.

With a sigh, he stood up and they both made their way to the school bathroom. Taehyung stood at the sink and looked at the ceiling, as Youngjae locked the stall behind him.

As he began using the restroom, the door was flung open and in waltzed Jaebum himself, a piercing gaze being thrown to Taehyung.

"If it isn't my favorite person ever, Taehyung!" He exclaimed, walking closer to the younger.

Taehyung his teeth and rolled his eyes. ", good to see you."

"Eh, good to see someone who appreciates my presence." Jaebum said slinging an arm over Taehyungs shoulder. "Where's, uh," Jaebum began looking around. "Where's your friend Youngjae?"

Meanwhile, Youngjae sat down and lifted his legs onto the toilet in order to stay hidden. Taehyung subconsciously moved his body to cover the stall.

Jaebum, being oblivious, pushed Taehyungs shoulder and asked again, "Where is he?"

"He left early ." Jaebum nodded and began walking away. He was about to exit, before turning around and smirking.

He pulled his arm back and his fist collided with Taehyungs chest before he finally did exit.

Taehyung sat, wheezing on the floor, trying to catch his breath. His face contorted into a terrifyingly calm smile, as he breathed out, "Damn his punch got stronger. Youngjae, help me up."

Youngjae sighed and helped his friend up, telling him, "You're really tough, you know that."

-lexi xx