Chapter 7

Runaways

"Taehyung, you're very intelligent. Why don't you just consider this option, yeah? Talk it over with your parents, okay." Taehyung gave a short nod, exiting the room and groaned.

"What parents," he mumbled walking towards the cafeteria. He'd only have to last through History after lunch. It was easier for him to sit away in the back with minimum notes without being called out.

As he walked to the empty table where he always sat, someone shoved their foot in his walkway. Instead of tripping, Taehyung stomped down harshly on the persons ankle, and smirked when they screeched out in pain. "Oops, sorry. Just practicing for the band, ya know."

With that he walked away with glares thrown at him. Not that he cared, they'd melt away and be replaced with snickers when they figured a new way to hurt him. He sat at the table and put his head down, ignoring the grumbling of his stomach. That was until the sound of a plate hitting the plain blue of the table. He looked up to see a boy smiling at him.

His soft brown hair fell gracefully down his forehead, and a smile overtook his face, and he had a baby mole just under his eye. "Hi, I'm Youngjae! Soonyoung and Jihoon told me to sit here."

"Hi," Taehyung said, a ghost of a smile graced his lips. He looked in the line to see Soonyoung and Jihoon smiling at him like idiots.

"Can I ask you something, Taehyung?" Youngjae said, a pineapple hanging out his mouth making Taehyung chuckle. When Taehyung nodded, Youngjaes eyes began searching the cafeteria, until his eyes landed on a male with black hair and two moles under his eyebrow. "Who's he?"

Just looking in his direction, a shiver ran down Taehyung's spine. "That would be J-Jaebum." Even at the mention of the olders name, the sound felt like a bitter spice on his tongue. His brain shot to the memories of the older kicking him, hitting him, teasing him, and doing much worse. He thought of the bruises on top of bruises, remembering how he'd forget who caused what. (lmao trust me, i love jaebum, just need dat story development)

"He looks cute," Youngjae let out, then covered his mouth with both of his palms. Taehyung just looked at the younger, wondering what he saw in Jaebum. Sure, on the outside he looked okay, but he was just so unpredictable.

Taehyung shivered again thinking about what Youngjae said, with his finger pointing directly at Jaebum.

"Tae, are you okay?" Soonyoung asked, slamming his body next to his friend. "Tae, whatevers wrong, don't worry about it. Alright?" Soonyoung had no idea why Taehyung was sat frozen, looking as if he'd seen a ghost. Youngjae sat the same way, only difference was he had his mouth covered.

"D-Don't worry. I-I'm g-good." He whispered, huffing slightly to calm himself.

After the two calmed down, Jihoon pushed a napkin with food on it in Taehyung's direction and Soonyoung slid him a juice. He nibbled on the half slice of pizza while Youngjae looked confused. As he ate, Taehyung noticed a scrape on Youngjaes cheek, and he was pulling on is collar, almost self consciously. When it shifted, a huge blue and purple bruise painted his neck. Taehyung began thinking to himself.

What happened to him?