Chapter 2

Runaways

Taehyung opened the door, covering his multiple wounds, wrapping the scarf tighter around his body. He ignored the circulating puff of air that ejected in front of his face, just like he ignored the fact that it was near midnight and he should be asleep.

He pulled the old, busted phone he'd hidden away, into his shaky hands. He hit one of the three contacts on his phone, pacing back and forth, waiting for the other person to pick up.

"Hello," the familiar and always tired voice spoke out.

"Y-Yoongi? Can I come over?" Taehyung asked, making sure the male, who was only three years older, wouldn't be surprised when he just showed up at his door.

"Tae? It's basically almost two in the morning. What happ-"

"Please?" The desperation leaked through his voice, he didn't want to relive anything. At least not over the phone.

"Yeah, yes. Come right over, doors unlocked." Yoongi said, sitting on the floor in front of the door. It was a common occurrence for Taehyung to come over, especially when Yoongi offered, the first time, to help clean him up.

Taehyung ran as fast as his aching legs could carry him. He ignored the beat of his heart, he ignored the tears that formed in the corners of his eyes, he even ignored the air slowly leaving all his lungs, refusing to stop. The farther away he got from his house, the safer he felt, yet he felt farther terrified too.

He opened the door at a speedy rate, trying his best to not wake anyone. Yoongi looked to him, startled. He saw the bruises that curled around Taehyung's wrists, he saw the gashes across his delicate skin, and he saw the sadness seared onto his face.

He lifted his arms, asking for help up, leading Taehyung to the bathroom. On the counter sat the familiar red box Taehyung sees often. "You know the drill," Yoongi whispered, hating the sight of all the pain Taehyung had to go through.

He pulled off his shirt and threw it in the hamper. Yoongi patted rubbing alcohol on one of the gashes, a burning sensation running throughout Taehyung's arm. "Sh-!" He whisper yelled. Yoongi released a low chuckle.

"You're too young to have such a dirty mouth," Yoongi mused. "It just sounds cute, not intimidating."

Taehyung blushes and snatched the wipe, cleaning the wounds himself while Yoongi sat, amused, waiting for him to pass it back. "Shut up." A pout spread across his face.

"Tae," Yoongi said, taking the wipe back. When he heard a hum from the younger he asked, "What are you going to tell Jungkook?"

"I'm not sure. And I have to see him tomorrow, today technically, for a birthday thing." Taehyung pouted, grabbing Yoongis hand and begging for help.

"You could always just tell him the truth." It was a good suggestion, but it was one that was shot down by an eyeing from Taehyung. "Or you can just say you were camping and got attacked by the neighbors dog?"

"Not the best thing I heard, but it's better than the truth." Taehyung said, nodding. He pulled his arms over his chest, getting slightly cold. Yoongi noticed and threw him a shirt, opening the bathroom door and switching off the lights.

They slowly made their way to Yoongis room and Taehyung grabbed the spare blanket and pillow stashed away in the closet. They both crawled on the bed, making sure to give each other space.

"If you have the nightmares again, tell me. Okay?"
 

-A/N: I absolutely adore Taegi friendships in books