Chapter 10

Runaways

"Kim Taehyung bring your down here, this istant!"

There it was, that same horrifyingly familiar voice slurred into an awful sound. Taehyung didn't want to obey, but he also didn't want to make up another lie to tell Jungkook.

"S-Sir?" He asked, and then hung his head lower hating the fact that the man could make him stutter so easily.

"Go get me a pack of smokes, and be faster this time, ." He told him, tossing a quarter at Taehyungs head. He then tossed the money on the floor, making Taehyung bend down to get it.

"Okay." And with that, he exited the house.

***

The man he once looked up to, because he was to obvious to understand, stood, heaving at the end of a hall, Taehyungs sisters blood streaking his once bright grey t-shirt. He missed the crack in the door and the boys silent sobs. He also missed the thoughts he received from his inner self. The shell of a man, slowly widdled away by drugs and alcohol.

His sister lay limp in front of her door, releasing silent cries for help. He could smell the stench of alcohol even a few feet away.

A string of curses and regrets fall from the mans mouth, at the end of each a strike to the reddening cheek of the young girl.

She looked to her left, directly at Taehyung, yelling help. Desperation and pain seeped through her features. She then started screaming "Taehyung!" repeatedly, looking to the terrified boy.

The hefty man jumped back, gripping tightly at the wall to keep his balance. When he looked to Taehyung, his eyes pierced through the small crack sending boy into a paralyzed state.

"Come here you little-" he was cut off by Taehyung smashing the edge of a bottle and forcing the door open.

He'd seen enough. He'd felt enough pain. He'd been terrorized for too long. He wasn't going to stand for it any longer.

Taking the bottle, he slammed it into the mans abdomen. He gripped his shirt and attempted to hit the boy who finally stood up to him. That was until Taehyung pulled his arm back and slammed it back repeatedly, blood consuming the coloring of his white shirt.

He lost control.

The rush of adrenaline soon died down after he realized what he did. Tears streaks his cheeks as he cried out "Dad! Dad im sorry!"

He did all he could think at the moment. He ran.

He ran until his legs ached and his feet were swollen. He ran until his body was covered in a layer of sweat, despite the cold November air.

He ripped the small, beat up keypad phone snuggled between his pants and his black jacket. By instinct, he clicked a familiar number that he would never forget.

It rang twice before picking up, making Taehyung pull the phone up to his ears. "Y-Yoongi?" He could hear how frantic his voice sounded, the echo seeming as if it was screaming his words back at him.

"Yeah Tae? Is everything alright?" Yoongi asked him, waiting patiently for the younger response.

"Can I, um, can I come over? If you're not too tired of me." Taehyung laughed, ready to take take off again, shivering from the cold.

"Of course." Taehyung hung up and ran, ignoring his problems for a while, knowing Yoongi would want to know everything.