Chapter 5

Runaways

When Yoongi and Taehyung walked into the living room, the house was empty. It was just a sad excuse for a living room on display for any of the guests to see.

Empty beer cans littered the floor, everywhere. The small entertainment center held multiple, disgustingly full ash trays, and a small tv that once had two antennas. The removed antenna was used to beat Taehyung the time he forgot to grab his notebook off the couch.

The smell of cigarettes and unknown drugs hung heavy in the air, almost like it was taunting anyone who came.

A sarcastic laugh was heard in the kitchen, followed by an, "Of ing course."

"What?" Yoongi asked, walking over to the kitchen. It was even worse.

Empty takeout boxes were full of colorful sauces, making the smell a sweet and salty zing to the nose. The sink was filled the brim of dirty dishes, and the trash can was covered by fruit flies and disposable dishes.

"They ing left for a week. We've got to eat, and I'm gonna have to clean this place if I don't wanna look like a rag doll." Taehyung angrily ripped a paper hanging on the brown fridge. "Funny ain't it. This thing used to be new and white like the tv shows."

"We can get Soonyoung and Jihoon to come and help clean it. Don't worry." Yoongi said, rubbing Taehyungs shoulders. "Go stay by Kookies, I'll call his mom pretending to be your dad, or my mom'll do it."

With a deep sigh, Taehyung turned around and hugged Yoongi. "Thanks, I don't know how I'd live without you."

"Don't sweat it, I'm just a good person," Yoongi said, rubbing the youngers arms.

(This break was brought to by  Yixing's healing powers)

After the house was clean, and Taehyung had a bag packed, everyone looked at Yoongi who pulled about his phone. 

The line rang twice before a woman answered, her light voice asking, "Hello?"

"Hi this is Mr. Kim, Taehyungs father. Me and his mother will be away on business and I was wondering if he could stay." Yoongi asked, deepening his voice to sound older.

"Oh, of course. How long?" She said, her dainty voice sounding cracked in the speaker.

"Three days, tops. I can't thank you enough." Yoongi said, looking at Taehyung. His eyes were desperate, knowing he'd be alone for the next four.

"It's okay, you can drop him off in an hour."

"Oh, his brother will be taking him. We've gotta go in a few and don't tell him I told you, but I don't trust my oldest. You know teenagers." Yoongi laughed, hoping he could play it off.

"Yes I do," she laughed, sounding elegant to the ear. "Don't worry about it."

With that the sound of the phone was stopped and everyone jumped on the couch, pushing the tv on. Some cheap cable show came on, no one really caring.

(Another break cuz I gotta support my boys. hAVE YOU SEEN YOU ARE BY GOT7 CUZ IM LIVING)

"Once again, Mrs. Jeon, thank you. I'll be by a friends these next few days, don't worry. And Tae, be good."

"It's fine really. Thanks for dropping him off." Mrs. Jeon said, rubbing Taehyung's shoulder, and letting him go up to Jungkook's room.

"Well, I'll be off." Yoongi said, giving Taehyung one last hug before whispering in his ear, "Don't get in trouble, and call me if you need me."