Sweet Like Suga

The 7 Crazy Boys and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He clears his throat and smiles, pencil poised over a clean page of the notebook. “You have anything specific you want the song to be about?” He asks me. My mind is half frozen and I just shrug my shoulders. He laughs and puts his hand on my arm. “Nana, I know this is a lot for you to take in so fast, but I just want you to relax, I’m just another friend of yours,” He says to comfort me. I give a weak smile and take a deep breath.

 

“Let’s start here, how are you feeling right now?” He asks, eyes full of interest. I think about this to try and give him my best response.

 

“Well,” I start, clearing my throat a little, looking up at him with a shy smile, “I’m definitely nervous, it’s like a pit of snakes are writhing around in my stomach because I have no idea what’s going to happen next, but it’s not the time of nervousness to be with fear but more like excitement,” I say, rambling a little at the end. Yoongi chuckles and jots down a few things in the notebook. 

 

“What are you excited about? How does it feel?” He asks, continuing as though it was normal for him to be sounding like a therapist.

 

“Well, doc,” I joke, laying back onto the couch try to relax, “It’s almost the same feeling and the nervousness really. I’m excited to be leaping into new exciting stuff like this, it’s new and I’ve never even dreamed of being able to do what I do now. I just started small on youtube making videos for fun, but then it resulted into this, and it’s all just breathtaking, reliving the past year or so, it's been such a blur!” He chuckles at my joke then smiles, continuing to write in the notebook.

 

“Are you really happy with what’s happened? All the time? Or are there times you wish to stand back a little?” He’s really getting into the questions now and I feel a little vulnerable, but I know there must be a great reason behind it. I smile and think once again to try and give a calculated response.

 

“Well, I love all of this about 98 percent of the time, I love having people recognize what I’ve worked hard to do, my singing and writing, but there are times where I wish I could go walk to the store or do something simple without having people asking for an autograph. I don’t mind it, of course, I’m happy to do it, but a quiet day to myself or with close friends would be nice. My family and friends get some of the attention as well and I just don’t want their privacy invaded,” I say, explaining the best I can.

 

“I totally understand you there, it’s awesome doing all this and having the work apprecia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter