Glowing

The 7 Crazy Boys and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week blurs right past me. I lost count of the number of likes and comments on my 100 video special on youtube, and the pictures from the photoshoot just came in, and I was flabbergasted. 

 

I almost didn’t believe it was me. The girl in the photos stood confident and tall, glowing with self-confidence, and I felt like I was anything but. Eunji squealed and Mark had some more than friendly comments about them. He’s so proud of me and gave me a huge hug when he found out. They are the only two people outside my family who know about all of this, I was supposed to keep it a secret due to the contract and I hadn’t officially made a debut yet.

 

JSK sent us a giant basket of goodies and Minah enjoys it more than anyone. I felt like I constantly saw her stealing from the basket. I stayed away because I did not want to gain any weight. I tried to do some extra exercises to stay in shape and better tone my body, and my family was impressed. I also studied very hard because I did not want to lose this chance due to poor grades.

 

I’m sitting here trying to wrack my brain for ideas of what to do for the chorus of this song. Writing the words was easy, I could write a song in less than a half hour, but the music to go along was another story. I play the chords over and over and try different rhythms to try and compliment the lyrics I have already done and sung the way I wanted it. I change from a D chord to a G and I feel like all of it sounds the same as my other songs. I wasn’t too skilled and still learning, and I tended to stay towards these safe beginner chords.

 

I’m online looking at different chords when I hear a knock on the door. I look up and see my mom easing her way into my room. She smiles and sits on my bed.

 

“How’s it going?” She asks, and I honestly don’t know how to answer this. I shuffle on my chair and gaze at my fingers already losing a layer of skin. I shake them out to try and stop the cramping.

 

“I’ve been at it for a while, I have the lyrics and how I want it sung, but musical accompaniment has always been hard for me,” I sigh, and she gives me a sympathetic smile.

 

“You’ll get it, sweetheart, I know you will!” She encourages and I smile. “So, on that note, JSK just called and wants to do some recording this weekend of some of your completed songs.”

 

I freeze, surprised. “Already?!” I ask

 

“Yeah,” she chuckles, “They are really looking forward to getting you started! They want to work on these songs with you and they’ll have people there to also help you get new songs done, they want to start getting a debut album in the works.” I’m speechless and cannot believe it. I know it shouldn’t be surprising but just this whole ordeal is becoming more and more real. I give her a big smile and nod. She stands up and walks over to me and gives me a hug. “I’m so proud of you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter