Pretty weird

Waiter, May I get your number?

~CHANNIE'S POV~

I walk through the front door of my house and quickly close it behind me.

“Did that really just happen?” I say to myself.

I chuckle quietly as I cup my own face with my hands and lean back against the door. This is really like a dream come true, only, I haven’t had a dream this amazing. I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the time.

10:28 PM.

“Now, I just have to wait for her call.”

 

BAMM

 

“Ow!” I quickly move away from the door rubbing the back of my head. I might end up getting a concussion today..

“Channie? What were you doing on the door?” asks Sanduel as he walks in.

“I… I just got here..”

“Oh… Did you get me food? I’m starving!” he says as he kicks off his shoes and runs to sit at the table.

 

“Uhm… no,” I say grabbing Sanduel’s shoes to place near the door.

“Awh, what?! But I’m hungry!” he says with a pout.

“Well, you didn’t call!”

“I didn’t have a phone! C’mon, let’s go get something to eat. Huh? My treat!” he pleads.

“I’m tired Sandeul…” I say with a sigh.

 

Sandeul runs up to me and begins tugging on my sleeve.

“Channie-ah~! C’mon~!” he whines.

“Alright, fine! I’ll go get ready. You should too, you smell weird.”

 

Sanduel lets go of my sleeve and smells his shirt. Honestly, why’s he so weird?

 

I walk to my room and lock the door. I get undressed, place my phone on it’s charger, and hop in the shower.



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~NO ONE'S POV~

“______-ah? Would you come here for a second?” you hear your grandfather call out as you enter the house.

 

You make your way to the living room area and sit down in front of your grandparents. You stare at them as they both smile at you.

...

“What’s wrong?” you ask, breaking the silence.

“We understand that you were still attending high school when we asked you to come live with us so, we enrolled into a prestigious high school nearby. Classes commence at nine in the morning and end at four thirty in the afternoon. Tomorrow, your grandmother will take you to finalize your schedule. Tomorrow will also be your first day of school. When school is over, your chauffeur will take you home..”

“MY CHAUFFEUR?” you spat out, interrupting your grandfather.

 

He smiles at you and chuckles lightly.

“Yes, _____-ah. Baro, would you come here for a minute, please?”

 

A few seconds later, a man with a baby faces walks into the living room and bows towards your grandfather.

 

“_____-ah, this is Baro. Your chauffeur. Baro, this is our granddaughter, _____-ah.” introduces your grandfather.

 

You stand up and bow, Baro returns a low bow and looks up at you with a smile.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Ms._____-ah. Please don’t hesitate in calling upon my services.” he bows again.

“O-okay. Thank you, Baro..” you say with a smile.

“Thank you, Baro. Go rest now, son.” says your grandfather as he pats his back.

 

You watch Baro leave the living room then return your attention to your grandparents.

 

“Grandma, grandpa… I’ve never been to a Korean school before. Better yet, a prestige school. Will I be able to fit in properly?” you ask curiously.

“I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine, dear” says your grandmother as she gets off the couch the sit next to you. She plants a small peck on your temple and brushes some hair behind your ear.

 

“Now, go wash up and get ready for bed. We have to be at school early tomorrow,” she says as she stands up.

“Okay~ Goodnight grandma, goodnight grandpa.” You walk up them both and hug them tightly before heading upstairs.

 

You enter your room and jump on your bed. Sighing deeply, you take out your phone and look through your contacts.

 

CHANSHIK.

 

You smile. It’s already 11 PM. Is he asleep? You think to yourself.

“I guess we’ll have to find out~” you say towards Zoomi who, in return, meows at you.

 

You type in a message and push send.

 

You tap on the contact once more and edit it.

 

WAITER.

 

You chuckle and head towards the restroom.



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~SANDUEL’S POV~

“I haven’t been home in years, so we’re going to Hadongkwan!” I tell Channie as the taxi pulls up in front of us.

“Alright, but you better not drink! I don’t want to carry you up the steps.” he replies as he gets inside the car.

“Yes!” I whisper to myself. I follow behind Channie and sit next to him. He keeps checking his phone every two minutes. Pretty weird…

“Are you expecting a call or something?” I ask leaning in to see what’s on the phone’s screen.

“Quit being so nosy!” he yells as he pushes my face away.

“I was just asking, jeez.. Oh, by the way. I found a job.”

“Are you serious? You just got here! Where at?”

“At a hospital nearby, I’ll be working the morning shifts.” I say closing my eyes and nodding my head.

“A hospital? As, like, a janitor?”

 

Unbelieveable. This guy thinks I got hired as a janitor?

 

“What the heck, Channie?! No! I was hired as an ER doctor.” I said sticking out my chest confidently.

“Pfft..!” he bursts out laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“You. A doctor? Haha, you're not even good at Operation!”

“That’s just a game! Besides, this is totally different..”

“I’m sorry, man. Congratulations!” he says giving me a hard pat on the back.

 

I glare at him from the corner of my eye.

 

BZZZ BZZZ

 

Huh? Is that my phone?

 

I reach inside my pant pocket for my phone. Damn.. Why do I buy such tight pants?

 

I take out my phone. It’s a message…

 

Did I give my number to anybody?

Hey, Sanduel. I think you forgot something. - Unknown Number

What? What is this? A stalker?!

 

“OH MY GOSH!”

“What’s wrong?!” asks Channie worriedly.

“I think I have stalker! Look!” I say shoving my phone into Channie”s face. He takes it from me and reads it silently.

“Channie, what do I do?!” I ask frantically shaking his shoulders for an answer.

“SANDUEL! CALM DOWN. Why don’t you ask who it is first?” he says handing me my phone.

 

I hesitantly take my phone back and reply.

...Who is this? - Sanduel

 

BZZZ BZZZ

It’s CNU, you left your ID here at the store. - Unknown Number

 

“CNU?” I say to myself outloud.

“CN… what?” asks Channie confused.

“CNU. He’s the slim man who sold me my phone.. He said I forgot my ID at the store.”

“Oh, well the store is closed now. Get it tomorrow.” he says as he searches his pocket for his wallet.

 

Oh, CNU! I’ll stop by tomorrow and pick it up. - Sanduel

 

The taxi comes to a stop and Channie pays the driver as we get out.

 

Now, let’s eat! I rub my palms together and walk towards the doors of the restaurant. I open the door and look back at Channie.

 

He’s smiling down at his phone. What’s up with him?

 

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________


I HAVEN’T UPDATED IN YEARS! LITERALLY.