Meeting him

Dreams are for kids

I had only been here for a couple of months. I hated it. I was perfectly fine in Anwang but my mom moved us to Seoul. Said it would be good for us if I was in a bigger city. She knew that I wanted to be a singer. Somehow Seoul was supposed to make it easier for me to do that. So she moved us. I was lonely. I didn't know anyone and I sat in the back of the class listening to music. Sure, I was awkward and anti social. Maybe that's why we moved here. My mom thought it would help if I was more "social." As if. 

I sit in science and dance studio.next to Kim Taehyung. When I really got to know him we were in Dance studio. He's nice enough and makes me laugh. But for about a month he had started staring at me. Not creepily more... lovingly. I caught him doing it one day and he blushed.

"If you think I'm that cute just say it." He blushed even harder.

"Taehyung?"

He looked at me.

"ok fine, you're cute."

I smiled. That's when I noticed them standing outside the door. His friends. I knew some of them. Namjoon was my partner for a project in writing. And Jimin had said hello once or twice in piano. The others I didn't know. Class was about over.

"You want to introduce me to them." He snickered a bit.

"If that's what you want." 

As we walk downstairs I get the introductions. Jeon Jeonguk is the first. He's shy and adorable and can't hardly speak to me let alone look at me. Park Jimin is next. He recognizes me from piano.

"You're the one that the teacher lost it when you started playing something non classical. I liked that."

I smile. "Thank you."

Min Yoongi is next. He shakes my hand like a gentleman and then proceeds to tell Namjoon how pretty I am. Kim Seokjin says hey but nothing really else. He is clearly focused on something else. Probably keeping the others from saying something stupid. Jung Ho-seok smiles like a kid when I say hello.

"Taehyung how'd you manage that one?"

Tae just smiles. That's when Namjoon steps forward.

"And you know me." i nod.

"What about your name though, only namjoon and taehyung know it?" Seokjin says.

" Ji Ky." They all smile.

"Ji Ky." Seokjin ponders.

We all walk outside where it's raining a bit. I smile and lift my face up to it.

"You like the rain?" Ho-seok questions.

I nod shyly.

"I love it." He smiles.

"I don't know anyone that likes the rain that much."

Tae comes up next to me.

"You hungry?We go get food every Thursday after school if you want to come." He says.

I look around. I am hungry. I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind. Hopefully.

"Yeah sure."