Chapter 13: Covenant

Because I'm Evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Eunjung? - Jiyeon knit her brows, then gives out a bland, cold smile. - Why are you here?

Eunjung sit next to Jiyeon, beautiful face like an angel. Eunjung turns to look at Jiyeon, her eyes squint as if wanting to judge something, then slowly looks at Jiyeon’s bloody hand. Ignoring Jiyeon’s question, Eunjung ask:

- Why don’t you bandage the wound?

- For what the hell it is? - Jiyeon’s lips raise up, unconsciously takes her hand back from the view. - It’s not hurt anyway.

- Stupid!

- Why did you follow a stupid person to make her suffer like this?

Eunjung’s stunned. Suddenly turning to the girl next to her, she can feel bitterness in Jiyeon’s voice, and deep inside it… is heartbreak.

- What kind of person you are Jiyeon?

Eunjung stand up, turn to in front of Jiyeon then gently kneel on her leg. She gently lift Jiyeon’s chin up, force Jiyeon to look straight in her eyes. Jiyeon’s eyes is glitter, full of sorrow but also very stubborn. Too complicated to understand.

- Your soul, how cruel and mean you are?

Cruel? Mean?

What does Eunjung know to talk about her like that? Those people step on, crush Jiyeon’s self-esteem. She is patience like this because of who? And now cruel, mean?

Ah right, her soul, originally like that. She doesn’t deny it. But what does Ham Eunjung know to dare saying that? She’s the only one who doesn’t allow to.

- Why do you care who I am? - Jiyeon casually toss her yellow hair, tries to avoid Eunjung’s eyes.

Eunjung tries to calm down her own, despite the madness inside.

- Then I want to ask you a question. - Eunjung stands up, turns her eyes down to the girl as if judging a sinner.

Yellow sunshine slightly caress on Jiyeon’s pale skin. Eunjung suddenly feel sad, Jiyeon is so flimsy, weakly.

Although the mask wasn’t put down, she still thinks she can understand her soul. But it all feels like just an act, and she doesn’t allow to be weak. Weakness means, she has already in love…

- All those time… you pretended to try to approach me, didn’t you?

Jiyeon turns her head up, her eyes suddenly opens wide when hearing that question. Deep inside those eyes is ecstasy, then pain, and finally something’s breaking. It must take a lot, a lot of time, Jiyeon still looks up. Doesn’t say a word.

Until Eunjung turn her back and let go, Jiyeon says out loud…

- If it was pretending, I would not be crazy to deny you all those 2 months.

As if touching Eunjung’s mind, she immediately turn back. Her eyes suddenly show surprising, but quickly disappears.

- Maybe you should know, right when you dared hurting Areum, all your words have become trash.

After a while, Jiyeon’s face turns from complicated to coldness.

- That stupid girl deserves to be hit.

- You admit?

- No.

- Be careful with your words, Park Jiyeon.

- If I don’t? - Jiyeon smirks, stands up to face Eunjung. - Will you bring some one to punch me?

In a second, Eunjung looks silently at Jiyeon’s eyes. It feels like a thick fog, so deep that she can’t look through. Eunjung touches that pale face, turns her lips to a half smile:

- Yes.

“That is it, Park Jiyeon. You will have to pay for what you have lost.”

Eunjung leaves, Jiyeon still stands there bewilder. Although she doesn’t know what’s wrong, but she herself is very shock. Jiyeon falls on the ground hardly.

“Ting”

The sound of her phone wakes Jiyeon up. She opens the phone, her eyes look slightly at the new message. Her tired face suddenly becomes double stress.

“Let’s meet.” - From: Boram.

Mastermind Bar.

Don’t know why but the noisy music here makes Jiyeon feel comfortable, not tired anymore. She looks slightly at people who are busy to dance crazily. Coming to a table in the corner, there’s a beautiful girl with a group of black men around her.

Jiyeon fall slightly on the seat in front of that girl, looking at that beautiful girl who is drinking wine calmly.

- Boram?

- Yes. It’s me. - The girl smiles, put the glass on the table and looks at Jiyeon.

- Why do you want to meet me?

- Because I care for my little sister. Can’t I?

Jiyeon leans her body in the sofa, sighs then takes a sip of water to control her emotion. She still remembers when she had just gone to high school. Right when she stepped in the school, she immidiately became famous because of her beauty and powerful family. No one dared to touch her, excepted one, Jeon Boram. More exactly, it was the first time Jiyeon was touched to her self-esteem and beaten hardly - by that cruel person right in front of her now.

The more beautiful Joen Boram is, the more cruel her soul has. She is a girl with a small body, but she is also boss of a mafia group which is very big and dangerous all over Korea. She really doesn’t know why she can get in touch with those people.

- I know you hate roundabout, Boram.

Boram knit her brows, takes a cigarette and puts it on mouth. The smoke makes Jiyeon almost cough. She sit still, looks at Boram.

- Alright. Then I ask you, why suddenly people of Amber Liu came and asked if you were my people and that you hit a first year girl? - She extinguishes the cigartte, eyes are full of cruel. - I’m a generous person, but I never let anything affect to my pride of a mafia.

Jiyeon sighs, as she said, she doesn’t know why she can be related to those things.

- I don’t know. Why did I hit her?

- As I heard, it also related to Ham Eunjung. It’s so complicated.

- We have known each other for 8 years. At least you must understand me.

- What I know is only our Covenant between your father and our mafia. We must keep our credit. - Boram continues to take a new cigarette.

- I don’t need.

- The problem is not you need or you don’t need it, Park Jiyeon…

Boram curls her lips, gently stands up. She leaves the table, makes a signal with her black men. Jiyeon looks at that small body disappearing after a door. Right after that, Jiyeon realises that she is being brought up by two big black men to follow Boram.

Jiyeon is startled, screams out loud but can’t do anything to those men. Until they are already behind the bar, Jiyeon realises that behind bar Mastermind is very deserted. At the corner, ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter