002

(BxB) I need you to complete it
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Duet[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jihoon stepped out from his supervisor room. In his hand, there’s a letter of leave. He agreed to take three-days leave and his supervisor willingly filled the letter for his absence. Jihoon folded the letter and inserted into his bag before taking out his phone to call a number.

“Hello? Jihoon hyung?”

“Do you have class after this, Mingyu?”

“Ah, I have but it’s cancelled because our lecturer cannot come. What’s up?”

“Do you have plan? Well, I thought of having meals together.”

“Can Jeonghan hyung come too? Or you need some ‘bonding’ time with me?”

Jihoon chuckled. “It’s not that I have problem. Sure, come with Jeonghan, but to make it clear I’m not treating you two.” Mingyu laughed.

“Okay. Where to meet?”

“XX restaurant, in 20 minutes?”

“Sure, meet you there, hyung.”

 

 

“That’s a good choice.” Jeonghan chirped after gulping his orange juice. “Your supervisor is right. Maybe you need some fresh air.” Jeonghan said with a smile. Mingyu was placing sliced meat into Jeonghan’s plate. Jeonghan smiled and thanked the younger.

Jihoon just smiled seeing that before saying. “Well, a good choice indeed. But I don’t know what to do, or where to go.” Mingyu looked at his cousin.

“Oh? I thought you have ideas before agreeing to your supervisor?” Jihoon shrugged. Mingyu hummed. “Maybe a little trip back to your hometown. Busan got pretty sea, maybe that kind of scenery help.”

Jeonghan rubbed Mingyu’s head that made the younger turned to him. “Aw, baby. You know exactly Jihoonie didn’t need scenery but certain someone special.” Jeonghan said. “You’re searching for someone to complete your song.”

Jihoon nodded. “Yeah.” Mingyu hummed.

“I forgot about it for a while. But who knows sea could help?” Mingyu said, didn’t want to lose. Jeonghan just chuckled while Jihoon shook his head with small laughs. The talks paused for a while as they continued eating. Jeonghan broke the silence after he remembered something.

“Hey, maybe you could search for that someone at this place I know.” Jihoon and Mingyu looked at Jeonghan. Jeonghan grinned. “There is a place called Diamond Gig Bar. It opens five days a week and every day they will have a free gig. It’s a famous bar for underground performers, I guarantee you all performers there are artist-worthy but unfortunate with their luck to be artist on big stage.”

“A gig?” Jeonghan nodded to Jihoon’s question.

“Well, maybe you got some inspiration from there or if luckier, you will meet that someone you’re waiting for.” Jeonghan said.

Mingyu nodded. “Yeah, hyung. Give it a try.” Jihoon looked at them, thinking.

“Tell me the address.” Jeonghan beamed.

 

 

Jihoon looked around as he entered the bar. He was captivated by the simple decoration, not exactly like the bar he usually visited near his place. This place felt warmer and nicer than any of those. Jihoon continued getting inside. The crowd wasn’t really pack but it rather full. The small guy made his way to get a seat and found empty spot not far from the stage. Most of the people were standing, that explained how there’s empty spot for Jihoon to sit.

A waiter came to Jihoon and Jihoon took a glass of beer. He thanked the waiter as the guy left. Jihoon laid his eyes towards the stage. ‘Seems like the gig isn’t starting yet.’ Before he came, Jeonghan had told him some stuff about this place. At what time he should come to watch the gig from the start, what type and genre of the performance would be and many more. Totally made Jihoon questioning Jeonghan how he knew so much.

“I’m a regular there before, companying my best friend perform there. Have heard Joshua, guitarist of Andband?”

Jihoon knew the guy Jeonghan asked. He’s someone related to music industry anyway, of course he knew. But it’s really a surprise that Jeonghan’s best friend with that guy, Jihoon didn’t know.

“Hi, are you alone?” Jihoon startled when someone pulled him away from his thought. He looked at the guy who talked to him.

“I… am. No one’s here, right?” Jihoon said, trying to show he didn’t want a company. But sure, the guy didn’t get the hint and sat down beside Jihoon instead. Jihoon frowned.

“Great, I’m technically alone too.” The guy smiled, revealing a dazzling curl and small eyes. Jihoon couldn’t stop thinking of Mashimaro after seeing the small eyes. “Usually I come with my best friend, but he couldn’t make it.” Jihoon just listened without any response. “So do you come to support someone like me or just to enjoy some gig?”

“First time here, just curious.” The guy nodded.

“Then, I should suggest you anticipate my boyfriend’s band!” The guy said enthusiastically, gripping on Jihoon’s arm. Jihoon startled and the guy seemed noticing as well. “Sorry. I’m just too excited. Anyway, I’m Soonyoung.”

After few moments of talking, Jihoon thought this guy was just a harmless pup and decided to be nice. “I’m Jihoon.” Soonyoung beamed.

“Nice to meet you. Ah, anyway. Tonight my boyfriend’s band is going to perform. He’s the vocalist. They will be doing the opening act.” Soonyoung said excitedly and Jihoon just smiled politely. Right then, the MC came up on the stage and began his opening ment. Jihoon startled when Soonyoung slapped his arm repeatedly. “My boyfriend is there!”

Jihoon just looked and saw four males standing near the stage. One of them was looking at their way and Jihoon could tell it’s the boyfriend as Soonyoung couldn’t stop fanboying beside him. He didn’t know to regret his decision or not about being nice to this excited pup.

“Give your warmest welcome to Cray Band!”

The four guys got up on the stage. Soonyoung was cheering excitedly. Jihoon tried his best to ignore the said guy and watched the band. The performance started and Jihoon unknowingly jammed to the song. He liked it, as a listener and also composer.

“My Kyeomie is jjang!” Soonyoung giggled as he made kissy face to the vocalist who turned to them. Jihoon just smiled awkwardly when nearby people gave them a look. The band got down stage and Soonyoung turned to Jihoon. “I told you to anticipate them. Cray Band is great.”

Jihoon nodded. “I can’t deny that. The song is good and so do the vocal.” Soonyoung beamed proudly. Jihoon sipped his beer. “Hey, you must be coming here a lot.” Soonyoung hummed.

“I guess you can say like that. This is the only place that allows unknown singers to sing their own composed song. The rest would ask to sing a cover of famous song blah bla blah.” Jihoon nodded.

“Do you know who the most famous one here is? Or a performer that you shouldn’t miss out?” Soonyoung was about to say something when Jihoon added. “Aside from your boyfriend’s band as I already listen? They’re good, sincerely.” Soonyoung grinned.

“Of course, it’s my boyfriend.” Jihoon just smiled mildly. Soonyoung stayed silent for a while. “Hm, there are few that I would say fit to your question but…” Jihoon waited for Soonyoung to continue. “Only one of those came for today’s gig. And the greatest deal here usually came suddenly, rarely could guess when he will appear. Need to depend on your luck.” Soonyoung just smiled.

“Who is for today?”

“yul. He’s a soloist that has quite wide range of vocal. Worth to listen to his singing, as I remember he performed third last today.” Jihoon nodded. Soonyoung kept telling Jihoon about other good performers he knew including the rare famous one. Jihoon took note about everyone in his head.

“Thanks for sharing, Soonyoung.” The guy nodded. Jihoon hummed. “Anyway you seemed know much about vocals and music.” Soonyoung beamed.

“I’m music major.” Jihoon formed an O. Soonyoung noticed he was called. Jihoon looked over and saw the boyfriend calling for Soonyoung. “I got to go. Have promised a dinner with my babe. Nice to meet you, Jihoon. Hope to see you again.”

“Yeah, me too. Thanks.” Soonyoung gave playful two-finger salute and left. Jihoon just watched him leaving with his boyfriend before shifted his attention to the stage. Another performance started and Jihoon watched it, enjoying the gig until the soloist Soonyoung mentioned, yul. He was really amazed and mesmerized with the singing ability the guy possessed. Really like Jeonghan said, many talented performers were here. Jihoon decided to leave after yul’s performance. He called it a night and still, he didn’t find solution to his problem just admiring talents that buried underground that night. Jihoon thought he should try his luck again tomorrow.

 

 

“Wow, I love this place, hyung.” Mingyu said cheerily as he hugged Jeonghan by shoulder. Jihoon just shook his head. As he decided to come again the next day, Mingyu and Jeonghan decided to join him. Jeonghan was going on about missing that place and wanted to visit after a long time, Mingyu came to see the place. To be honest, Jihoon didn’t mind as he wasn’t alone like yesterday. They’re getting deeper inside. Jeonghan commented how the place didn’t change much and led them to the best place to enjoy the performance. It wasn’t far from the place Jihoon sat last night, it’s on the opposite side. Jihoon agreed to Jeonghan’s word, this place was better as it’s on the side where the performers came in and yet had a clear view of the stage. The three of them sat down and settled with beers the waiter served.

“Hey, Jihoon. You’re here again.” Jihoon turned when someone patted his shoulder. He saw a familiar face.

“Oh, Soonyoung.” Jihoon beamed. He also noticed the guy stood beside Soonyoung.

“Kyeomie, this is the guy I told you yesterday, Jihoon. Jihoon, this is Dokyeom.” Soonyoung introduced them. Jihoon smiled to the guy. They shook hand.

“Nice to meet you.” Jihoon nodded and said the same. Remembering the other two people at the table, Jihoon quickly introduced them.

“Ah, I came with my friend today. Guys, I met Soonyoung yesterday. He helped me a little about the gig. Um, this is Soonyoung and his boyfriend, Dokyeom. And this is Jeong-”

“Eh, Jeonghan hyung.” Jihoon’s introduction was cut off when Dokyeom suddenly chimed in. Jeonghan also just noticed.

“Oi, my babo baby.” Jeonghan stood up and hugged Dokyeom. Dokyeom hugged him back. The other three looked puzzle with the sudden outcome. Noticing the stare, the two separated. Their boyfriends were giving one kind of look.

“Baby, remember Josh sunbaenim’s best friend? My close sunbae in high school that I mentioned? It’s him, Jeonghan hyung.” Dokyeom told Soonyoung.

“Dokyeom is my favourite junior in high school.” Jeonghan said to Mingyu. “Kyeom ah, this is my boyfriend, Mingyu.” Jeonghan said. Dokyeom nodded and greeted Mingyu.

Jihoon raised his brow. “What a great coincidence.”

Soonyoung chuckled after he got the meaning. “Right.” He looked at Jihoon and his friends. “May we join you guys?”

“Your boyfriend doesn’t perform today?” Jihoon asked out of curiosity. Dokyeom smiled to that question.

“It’s a day break. Just w

Please log in to read the full chapter