Ninth Shot

You Belong To My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Emergency ~

 

It is like everything is set to make the situation worsen for Jessica who always is beaten for whatever reason she did and what she has suddenly said. However, Jessica is so discreet, reserve and blank at times that no one never knows what she is thinking, her passiveness is shown as something abnormal yet only those who doesn’t know her get to hate her.

But, her friends the true ones, think it is normal. Because she is Jessica Jung who never care about anything that she is not involve to.

Kim Taeyeon, an unbelievable nightmare landing on Jessica, someone she never takes interest in and never know before the day they met at the “engagement” dinner settle by their parents.

Has Jessica thought her life would be different if her mother was still alive?

Yes, all the time, every day, Jessica wish for her mother to be by her side, to help Soojung to grow up and support her father to go through every day. But it wasn’t the case, because she cannot wish for that, her mother isn’t here anymore because she is in her heart, the strength, the kindness and the warmth that is in Jessica’s soul is provide by her mother.

Her cold façade is only there to protect her but nothing that we can be afraid of, though there is nothing to be afraid of. At least Taeyeon is not afraid of.

Talking about the devil, what do we know about her? What does Jessica know about her fiancée?

Nothing.

She knows nothing about Taeyeon; no one’s knowns anything about Taeyeon, they only pretend they know because Taeyeon gives out that kind of easiness vibe of someone timid at first, reserve too, but in the end she is approachable.

Taeyeon behavior and feelings is more complex than just someone who is dumb and naïve, she is far from being stupid. Starting from the moment she has seen Jessica being beaten up her naïve side from believing her girlfriend Tiffany has vanished.

Taeyeon didn’t took interest into dating before being wit tiffany whose has made her wipe and tells her lies, Taeyeon wanted a quiet high school life that will lead her wherever she wants to be when it ends.

Though, their relationship start off quite magically and romantically, Taeyeon is now the one who wants to avoid Tiffany the most, her feeling has took a 360° turn when she has witness how can she be that cruel toward someone else and how she treat Jessica so bad over jealousy and a rupture friendship.

Taeyeon was determinate to change and start to be more aware of her surroundings, her feeling and people in her circle, she has seen how her parents are for the fact of their fake engagement, but fake or real, they just have to deal with it because they are not in terms to decide. The adults decide the kids keep quiet.

Mid-March, and Taeyeon has already feel tired by all the events, yet she hasn’t seen what is waiting for her when the engagement will be display on the media and announce to the entire nation. Jessica neither isn’t ready, all those precipices they have faced until today are the small piece of the iceberg showing the whole thingy is still well hidden.

Are they really going to agree to the engagement when they will go back to Seoul, and back to their family?

 

×××

 

“I knew it you’ll have to go in the wood.” Says Taeyeon standing close to Jessica from behind.

Taeyeon has seen it coming from the moment they announce the game, wanting to beat all the people around up due to anger and disagreement Taeyeon is taken by an urge want to hit on everyone, just to protect Jessica who has suffered enough of the harassment.

As the announcement of the team is coming up Taeyeon has seen it coming right away.

Let’s get back a bit before when teacher Kang explains about the mission, and the prize they will win from their teamwork and how all the student must be focus helping each other as a team to make the game goes smoothly.

However, some will eventually sabotage the game to hurt the others, but all the adult doesn’t have to know about this matter.

“The rules are simple, so I need all your attention, listen to me well for it to work. Because you can make it funny and amusing at the same time.” Explain M. Kang to the bunch of high schoolers in front of him.

He continues

“You will have walky-talkies, and a map, the goal is to find the secret box with a yellow color, which is well hidden and a not really bad taste of the color. There will be seven boxes in total to find them.” Says Mister Kang “However, the one who is staying here at the camp will have to guide the one who is going into the wood to find the box.” Explain mister Kang.

“The one at the camp will has the map, you will need to be extremely precise to accomplish the mission. In order to find the box, and you the teammate, you’ll have to listen to your teammate.” Mister Kang says smiling as the other teacher are giving out the walkie-talkies and maps.

The students don’t know yet, but they don’t all have the same direction on their maps some are going south, some north, some south-west and the others north-west. Which is not that bad in the end but not so fast, because there are only seven boxes, however they are twenty duos to go to the woods and find the boxes.

Mister Kang haven’t mention about the rule if they lose but there is nothing bad as they can think nothing really mean, they will just have to eat instant noddle instead of a warm meal.

Everyone gathers standing in the middle to listen to the teacher announcing about the one who has to the wood. Taeyeon pulls Jessica slightly away from them hiding behind a tent.

She pulls Jessica in a kiss, holding her by the waist with her another one cradle the latter’s cheek, Taeyeon wants to seal her trust and make herself believe that Jessica will be safe, and nothing will happen to her.

The kiss takes longer than Taeyeon has planned, because, pulling Jessica closer to her is now a need, feeling her is a now need too She doesn’t want to let go even for a bit.

“Please be safe” Taeyeon says on Jessica’s lips.

Holding Jessica by the shoulders she looks straight into her eyes smiling.

“I will be safe don’t worry too much, I know how to protect myself” Says Jessica smiling to Taeyeon who looks like a lost puppy.

“You make me worried; this make me worried; this is just an inappropriate game when half of them are friends with Tiffany and wants to hurt you.” Respond Taeyeon still holding on Jessica.

“Taeyeon-ah…” Jessica says cupping her cheeks; “You will be on the other line with me all the time so there is nothing to be frightened about unless you are scared for yourself, I know they won’t go easy on us but that doesn’t mean we have to hide from them.”

Taeyeon nods obediently starring into those beautiful black orbs of Jessica’s.

“I’m really falling for you Jung Jessica, and this is not a lie…” Taeyeon says sternly, catching Jessica’s lips with hers.

“…”

Jessica doesn’t respond, as she only looks into Taeyeon’s searching for sincerity and honesty which she is starting to see it now, to see the way Taeyeon is scared for her, the way Taeyeon is starting to stand up for her and herself. It wasn’t the look of insecurities and hiding Taeyeon once had when they first met about two months ago.

However, Jessica still doesn’t know how to respond to Taeyeon monologue, declaration of love, when she is in front of the latter, it like a blockage like something she is stopping her from responding to Taeyeon. Does she feel the same? Has she sort out her feelings for the latter?

No one knows, as well as Jessica, lot of things has happened since then it is like thunder striking onto her.

Beep!

“Please gather is the center everyone, the game is about to start.” Teacher Kang says while clapping his hands.

Everyone does what it told, even Taeyeon who is reluctant to let Jessica go into the woods, with the walkie-talkie in hands, the one who has to go inside the wood to find the treasure have to stand in front of the departure line getting ready.

 

×××

The race has begun, Jessica has plugged her earphone on link to the walkie-talkie so her hands can be free, and she can communicate freely with Taeyeon.

“Sica-ah do you hear me? Over.” Taeyeon speaks inside the walkie talkie as she is waiting for an answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter