둘 (Two)

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

But I did, and luckily the Doctor said I was healthy again. That I could start learning how to walk and working on my memory.

 

Weeks passed by as I went to therapy sessions to regain my memory and as I went to physical therapy to learn to walk again.

 

Aecha had told me pretty much everything that had happened to me.

 

I was Kim Rowoon, nineteen at the time of the accident. Twenty-one currently.

 

I would've graduated high school the year of the accident but because of being in the coma I couldn't attend my graduation.

 

I also learned that had I not woken up when I did the machine in which I was on in order to live was to be unplugged in order to terminate both me and Hanbin.

 

Aecha has insufficient funds to keep things going. She had used all the money from my parents wills to pay for the funerals for both Shiyeon and our dad, using what was leftover for Hanbin and mine's bills. She barely had enough to pay rent at the apartment we lived at all our life.

 

Since I woke up, the Doctor's decided to leave Hanbin's machine on in case a miracle like what happened with me happened and he woke up.

 

Aecha took her time to clean Hanbin's face with wet wash cloth like she always did on Tuesdays.

 

She sighed as she sat back down glancing at me. "How's walking?"

 

I shrug. "It's getting easier. It's just so hard supporting my weight. I don't know how you do it?"

 

She was taller than me so she had to weigh more than me. I was so skinny and frail, if I had a hard time walking I don't know how anyone could walk?

 

She laughs. "It'll get easier, trust me."

 

Her laughing dies out as the door opens. A woman steps in her eyes filling with warmth upon meeting eyes with me.

 

"Rowoon!" She springs forward coming to my bedside.

 

"I'm sorry? Do I know you?" I ask glancing at Aecha. She shows a small smile upon my glance.

 

The woman from before steps back glancing at Aecha who sends her a sad smile while nodding. Seemingly something gets across through their exchange, probably that I'm suffering from memory loss.

 

"I'm Min Kiran, I was your best friend in high school." She smiles holding her hand out for me to shake.

 

I nod once hearing her name. Aecha had mentioned a friend named Kiran before.

 

"Aecha has spoken about you before." I shake her hand.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. College has reared its ugly head and I've had finals and moving back home for summer break to deal with."

 

I nod in understandment. She glances at Hanbin's still body and instantly frowns. "Things would be all better once Hanbin wakes."

 

She shakes her head. "You have no idea the impact you guys left on our school. Everyone was so upset when they found out about the accident."

 

It was interesting hearing about the accident from someone other than Aecha. Someone who wasn't in it.

 

"It hurt me even more since I know you were excited for that vacation. You worked your dad so hard in order to get him to let Ji-."

 

"Kiran!" Aecha

Please log in to read the full chapter