Of blackouts to lucky encounters

Love yourself: Her, Thoughts of the non existent.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me once more why are we doing this?” I asked, disbelief evident in my voice, while I gazed outside of my friend’s car window.

“Because.” She gave me a very smug smile. “I want us to go on a small trip before we return to the very stressful routine of daily life and university.” She smiled innocently which I found  annoying in a good way though.

Ok, it’s not like I’m against trips or weekend outings; but it’s October and it’s not exactly a great idea to go for camping near the beach.

“At least tell me that we are staying in a cottage or something, because I won’t be able to handle the chill weather during the night.”

“Don’t worry I have everything under control.” Hana finally closed her driver’s door, after loading our stuff on the car and we took off to god knows where.

While in the car loud music was playing in the radio. We sang to some songs we knew and loved and most importantly we made fun off our high notes and really out of tune singing. I feel glad that I have a friend like her, she is funny, outgoing, easy to talk to and most importantly kind.

It didn’t take that long until we got bored of singing and thus we fell into a comfortable silence which helped me to think about several things. For starters, the guy from a couple of weeks ago, I simply couldn’t get him out of my mind. He was just stuck there. My mind replaying the scene of us falling down, his hands on my waist, his face, his smile, gosh that smile was a killer for sure.

“What are you blushing about?” Hana stopped the traits of my thoughts and I could clearly hear my heart thumping fast and hard against my chest. Damn…

“Nothing important, maybe I got hot or something.” I brushed the matter off as naturally as possible, for an awkward person and opened the window. The air would surely clear my thoughts and most importantly stop me from thinking about anything dirty, because other than his smile, those manly hands and well build body also resurfaced in my memory. I was doomed and on top of that with a total stranger too.

Yes people you can applaud my stupidity, because as soon as I stood up from the hard floor thanks to his help, I flew the scene without learning his name or any important information about him.

I closed the window soon, because damn it October can be a with its chilly breezes. I opened the radio in order to keep my mind occupied and closed my eyes to enjoy the soft music. Without knowing I fell asleep into one of Taeyang’s ballad songs.

“Jena, if you don’t want to miss our first stay here, you should better wake up, otherwise I’ll kick your sorry for an excuse .” I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to get greeted by one of Hana’s smiles.

“You are really sadistic you know that? Causing pain to someone else, just to get a laugh.” I joked and got out of the car to help her carry our suitcases, to my relief, toward the small cottage near the beach.

We didn’t even stay inside the small room for long. After dumping everything in, we went to tour and entertain ourselves around the beautiful city of Busan. We ate ice cream, I know stupid because we were going to wake up with an aching throat, but who cares; you only live once. Ice cream was not the only mistake, we stuffed ourselves with every kind of food that was there until our tummies were beyond full, seriously people that is why I don’t have a boyfriend, he would dump me before thinking twice about it, seeing me eat like there is no tomorrow.

Hours passed just like that with us goofing around and walking around and finally night rolled in. We returned to the small cottage to bath and maybe go back outside later for a drink or something.

I had finished blow drying me hair when I heard Hana calling my name.

“You said something?” I asked her, because I didn’t catch the whole phrase.

“I think something is wrong with electricity, the lights in the bath kept going on and off.”

Ok, I don’t want to have a cliché here with a sudden blackout in the middle of nowhere and then a knock on the door from our possible killer.

“No worries though.” Hana spoke once more. “I have a torch with me somewhere here.” She made a move to go to her suitcase when the electricity completely went out.

I sat frozen in the middle of the room not knowing what to do, while I heard the zipper from the suitcase opening and then noise coming from the clothes that were thrown to the side. In no time the zipper sound was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter