Of warm and cold coffees

Love yourself: Her, Thoughts of the non existent.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s really melancholic when it rains. But it’s even more melancholic when you combine rain and a lonely girl inside a cafeteria, drinking a cold coffee with no company, while listening to soft jazz music in the background.

The weather was not what I expected today, but I just didn’t want to stay inside the house doing absolutely nothing. I had no energy to study or review my notes; I was not in the mood to hang out with anybody, I just needed some peace and quiet to think about anything.

While watching a young couple running down the streets, my memory automatically pulled me to the first weekend of October where my friend took me for some relaxing time to the beach, before hell started again. Who could have imagined that I was going to meet Jimin there, if I knew that Busan was his hometown I would have never gone to where he hung out. At least I didn’t embarrass myself, it's not like anything happened either. We talked and talked and talked. I think I got friendzoned.

I blinked a couple of times and pulled myself out of the daydreaming. My eyes then fell to some other high school kids who walked down the road and made me think about my life.

I loved my life the way it went and how it turned till now. I love making plans and following them it makes me feel at peace and what to expect from people and the situations revolving around me. Whenever I set a goal I had to do anything to succeed, so whenever I succeeded I felt proud about myself. The more I focused on succeeding the more I shut others out of my life, in order to make it.

Maybe that was my mistake about why I still don’t have a boyfriend or something. I underestimated people’s feelings and of course I underestimated love. That’s the main reason I feel such a love crisis at this age, but maybe this also happened, because I made myself believe that I don’t need a male company and having a dog in a big house would be a great idea. But then again when I rethink the whole idea, I get jealous of not having someone accompanying me along the way.

“Is this sit taken?” A male’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I slowly turned around, because I recognized the voice right away. I smiled teasingly at him.

“Do you want it to be?”

He smiled back. “If it is reserved for someone else, then I want it taken by me so that someone else would have to sit somewhere else.” He changed his teasing smile into a smirk and came closer to my ear. “A man can do that much when he wants something.” My eyes became twice their original size and I was at loss of words here. Well a person can say that much anyway.

I snickered after a while at his comment. “You can sit down Jimin, I’m not expecting anyone.” I answered and returned my attention to my cold coffee once more.

The chair across me was pushed back with a sharp sound and then Jimin softly sat on it. He got comfortable enough and brought the chair closer to the table.

“I knew you would prefer that kind of place whenever weather decides to be a pain in the .” He said while gazing outside.

“I prefer to gaze outside from somewhere quiet regardless of the weather.” I answer absentmindedly.

I turned to look at him. I felt like observing everything around me today, it wouldn’t make me bad if he was concluded on the list. He was looking outside, maybe trying to figure out in what I was so focused on previously. He had slightly wet hair, which only meant he was caught up to the rain; a few more droplets were lying on his arms proving my previous assumption. Now that I look at him a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter