Part 6: I Hate You, I Love You

The Devil's Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene felt really empty, as if something was forcefully taken away from her and it was getting worse as the days had passed. She had woken up in the hospital room with her parents by her side. They told her that she had met with a supposedly fatal car accident while saving a boy but had miraculously survived. Her road to recovery had been extremely smooth. The only bothering thing that Irene had was a feeling of void in her heart and her mind felt really fogged up.

The strange thing was that there seemed to be a missing piece of puzzle, not only in her mind but she also detected it from other people’s speeches. They seem to not be able to recall a particular piece of memory that was associated with Irene.  

She tried recalling if she had forgotten something but there was nothing to be recalled, everyone said so when they matched their memories with her own memories.

Nothing was wrong, but something was wrong. Irene felt unexplainably sad and miserable. Her heart is in a constant pain, feeling as though they had been shattered into pieces and lazily pieces back. What had gone wrong? She thought she had gone crazy when tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at her empty seat opposite of her at the cafeteria.

A shadow fell over her suddenly.  

“Hi, I’m Kai.” The stranger who just took the seat in front of her introduced himself as Irene stared at him with confusion.

“Excuse me. Don’t you think it’s a bit rude without asking?”  She was taken aback by this mysterious man.

“My bad.” He grinned sheepishly but Irene was not stupid. She knew he was no ordinary man who would act randomly.

“Mister… By any chance, do you happen to know me?” She furrowed her eyebrows.

“Well I should say, I do but not personally. However, I do know the reason of your emptiness.” Irene shuddered as he smiled. Whatever business he had here, she knew it would bring no good to her.

“Explain yourself.” She eyed him with suspicion.

“Missing someone?” He paused for a moment as he smirked, “Oh Sehun? Familiar, isn’t it?”

Irene felt as if she had been punched in her heart and her breath knocked out of her. Her eyes widened in reaction to the name, the name was more than familiar.

It was carved so deeply in her very own heart. Irene felt dizzy as she tried to recall.  

How could she forget someone whom she had loved more than herself? It did not make any sense. She could not grasp the entire situation and was in disbelief as all the available memories came flooding back into her mind but they were so fragmented she could not make sense of them all. What had actually happened and where is Sehun now? She had so many questions formulating in her mind as pieces of memories were slowly getting back to her. Everything seemed so illogical now.

She scrolled through her contacts in her phone frantically and ignored the presence of Kai as he was looking at her with faint amusement.

“Where’s he?” She glar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter