Part 4: Love Hard

The Devil's Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Sehun continued to grow even closer to each other and two years seemed to have gone by quickly. They were no longer interns but certified and rather accomplished doctors, a golden pair in the hospital. Sehun, who is extremely talented in cardiology, became a heart surgeon for children while Irene, who loves being around children, had become a general paediatrician. They were also no longer just friends but extremely close friends and were almost always with each other especially after working hours. One of their favourite places to be at would be the café across the hospital which they worked at. The café was their favourite because it not only operated 24 hours, it also offered exotic bubbleteas that both Sehun and Irene really loved. Their usual activity would be reading their own research papers in silence, or writing their individual medical reports, occasionally teasing each other. Sehun has also learnt the gentlemanly ways of seeing Irene back to the female’s dormitory in their hospital.

After visiting Irene’s dormitory several times, Sehun learnt that the girl was a cleanliness freak and was slightly disturbed about it. Soon after, Sehun’s room took after Irene’s room and the man became used to living in such spotless condition and having all his clothes ironed until the tiniest of the creases disappeared.

Irene, on the other hand, was still getting used to not knowing Sehun’s mysterious past but was happy to just be with him and watch as Sehun changes. The man had grown to become so much warmer and happier that Irene wished that he will remain this way forever.      

All was going good until an uninvited guest appeared. Sehun’s senses were on high alert once he entered his room. There was the familiar miasma of despair and death, the very same one that Sehun had lived with centuries before.   

The guest was undoubtedly someone from the underworld and to exude such a strong miasma, the being could be none other than the Devil himself. True to his senses, he spotted those ridiculously brilliant red eyes in the darkness.

“Well, well, how’s life Sehun? I haven’t seen you in a while.... centuries I should say.”

Sehun flipped the light switches. The attractive, tanned man whose charisma and power was unrivalled sat on Sehun’s chair majestically with his long, slender legs crossed one on top of another. His presence was seemed entirely out of place. The suit that he wore lent him a look of a being with immense power and his silver platinum hair was so suavely done, it caught and shimmered in the lighting. The devil, got up gracefully and walked over to a mahogany desk that held a single photo frame. In it was a photograph of Sehun himself and Irene, holding their graduation bears.

A lopsided smile graced his guest’s face as he the picture tenderly. Sehun covered the distance between himself and the Devil in three long strides and snatched the photo from his uninvited guest.

“Jongin, what business do you have here?” Sehun demanded angrily.

Sehun knew he was subordinate to his Boss when they were back in the underground world but now that they were in the world of living, his Boss should not be bothering him. Besides, they were now in his own dormitory and Sehun hated feeling threatened in his own territory.  

“Such welcoming host you are, greeting an old friend like that. Oh, I go by Kai now, if you haven’t already known.” He smiled, eyes glowing red. Sehun knew that meant that Kai was cooking up an idea thought in his mind and no ideas from Kai is ever good.

He continued, still wearing the charming lopsided grin, “Just here to remind you of the conditions of your deal, in case you have forgotten… It has been a long time after all. I see you had a great time with… what’s her name?”

He paused for a moment to see Sehun’s reaction. To his satisfaction, Sehun’s eyes darkened and his body tensed. “I have not forgotten.”

Kai did not miss Sehun’s hands that were balled into fists and his smiling face morphed into a show of pity, “Ah… I remembered. Irene Bae, isn’t she? Silly me, how could I forget such a stunner? Such a pity she will spend the eternity in hell though. Sehun, don’t you think so?”

“Leave her alone, Jong… Kai.” Sehun would do anything just so he could wipe off the look of pity on Kai’s face.

“Whoa, hold up, no one's making a move here. Remember, you were the one who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter