Part 1: Sehun and Irene

The Devil's Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun finally realises the fact that nobody can escape from the manipulation of the devil even if he had once cheated time itself and that was by… becoming the Devil’s henchman.

He questioned if it was worth selling his own soul in exchange for the eternity in the very beginning.  He thought it was a rare blessing; one that anyone would have wished for and yet, now he knew – he was wrong. Living was human, but living forever was a curse. And he was stuck with the curse. After all, nothing beautiful should last for eternity.

“Is this what you really want?” Kai smirked, his ruby red eyes glowing in the pit of darkness. Of course, he had foreseen such outcome; the devil had manipulated it all. He was one who could afford to play on other’s fate as if it was a mundane game of chess. And Sehun was only one of the pawns that Kai sought entertainment from.

The devil’s right-hand man in a deep breath with his eyes shut tightly before answering. “Yes.”

Sehun knew he was a goner. He was too deeply intoxicated by love and was willing to sacrifice himself for Irene; to agree to another inhumane deal with the devious immortal being was nothing to him.

He will repent for his foolishness of underestimating the power that love has to offer for one. Love was even greater than his own immortality, greater than the forces of universe combined. Love to Sehun was the light at the end of the tunnel, like precious water offered to a lost wanderer in a desert and he desired to embrace the forthcoming light and craves the moisture that could be provided on his parched lips.  

“Very well then.” Kai snapped his fingers and a parchment along with a writing pen materialised before the desolate lover boy. The new deal was a much simpler one and it did not take long for Sehun to put his signature to it, once more.

Kai sighed as retrieved the parchment and scanned lazily through it. The deal-maker then nodded in acknowledgement and closed his immortal hands around the parchment which turned into vapor.     

Kai then looked over his Henchman once more. “I will see you soon, Sehun.” Kai snapped his fingers once more and that was when Sehun found himself plunging.

Falling, falling. Through bottomless pits, past chthonic beings and into the arms of soulless beings; Sehun himself would soon be one.

Maybe, just maybe, if he had not lusted for eternity, things would not end up this way. No, or rather, he was sure he would never have met her. 

The word “forever” had an illusion, a ghostly beautiful one indeed. One that lured the once innocent boy into a deal that was purely offered by the devil’s amusement. Being an over-confident chap, he had overlooked the consequences of breaking the rules; a living nightmare that will last for lifetimes.

Oh boy, he was so wrong. Only when he truly grasped the meaning then he knew the misconceptions of everlasting.

Because beautiful creations do not have a word “forever” tag to it and as short-lived as their time on earth would be, they had lived it to their fullest.

Sehun shut his eyes and spread his arms wide as he embraced his fall. The air that rushed up was scalding and freezing at once but Sehun did not mind. Cries of agony was all around him but Sehun did not let those bother him either. A small smile graced his face as she came to his mind. But I was happy to have met her.

Nearly seven years before…

The henchman of the Devil had gotten bored of retrieving souls as well as devising new torture methods to be used in hell. He had implored his Master, the Devil to permit him to explore life in the human world in exchange for his promise without a change of his heart; in which he had failed.

Of all the things he could have chosen to do, the Devil’s henchm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter