Chapter 3

Amelioration

Day four

“Seriously, where are you taking us, lo-love?” Yixing asked, gulping and blushing only a little after saying that. By now, Yixing had almost gotten accustomed to Joonmyeon calling him terms of endearment, even ‘Xing-Xing.’ There were a few times he still flinched, though, mostly when they were in public, and people turned around to see them. On the other hand, he hadn’t gotten fully used to saying it back, not even after screaming it like crazy. Yet Joonmyeon had gotten the solution to Yixing’s ‘adorable shyness,’ as Joonmyeon had called it. When it was only the two of them, Yixing would call Joonmyeon a pet name for fifteen times the minimum. The number would gradually increase until Yixing would say it naturally. That was what Joonmyeon hoped at least. Meanwhile, in public Yixing could refer to him as ‘Joonmyeon or Joonie.’ Right now, Yixing had only seven more pet names to go.

“I told you, it’s a surprise, gorgeous,” Joonmyeon said, smiling.

Yixing rolled his eyes, another failed attempt. Joonmyeon could be very obstinate when he wanted to. Yixing looked out the window. They were driving on the highway road. Vast and green open fields could be seen on both sides, the ocean to their left. It was the afternoon. Earlier, Joonmyeon had picked up Yixing in a car and told him to jump in, they were going for a ride. Almost an hour and a half had passed since then, and Yixing still had no idea where they were going. Nowadays, he didn’t go on trips a lot, not even to the city. Still, Yixing didn’t mind seeing the scenery, or the English music that played on the car stereo.

Yixing had been right, Joonmyeon bought CDs to listen to music. He had a whole collection of CDs, sorted by their release date, genre and artist. There were even some cassette tapes. He’s like an old grandpa, had Yixing thought, smiling inwards, when he saw the CDs and tapes in Joonmyeon’s room.

Today marked the fourth day of their ‘relationship.’ On the first night, after Yixing had been questioned by his parents about Joonmyeon, he told them it was true. Yixing hadn’t told them it was a charade because, as Joonmyeon had said it, he would try to ‘stay in character.’ His parents hadn’t minded at all Yixing was dating. Then again, they already knew Joonmyeon from Yixing’s class, and that he was the son of the mayor. So they knew what kind of boy he was. His parents had asked Yixing to bring his ‘boyfriend’ home soon. However, so far Yixing had avoided to formally introduce Joonmyeon to them. Doing that seemed too much, something only people dating for real would do.

But then yesterday, when he and Joonmyeon had left the ice-cream shop, Joonmyeon had invited Yixing over to his house to see the first movie. They encountered Joonmyeon’s parents. And yes, Joonmyeon had joyfully said that he and Yixing had been dating in privacy for a while, but now they were finally together and whatnot. He had made up a pretty convincing story. Of course, Yixing knew Joonmyeon’s mom from before (she was his dentist), also Joonmyeon’s dad, but everything was still strange. And Yixing hadn’t even tried to be liked by them, but they had approved of him anyway. Especially when they told him: ‘We’re so glad Joonmyeon found someone like you, Yixing.’ Yixing had only nodded in response. After that odd night, he had gotten a feeling that if he had ever been introduced to Kyungsoo’s parents, they wouldn’t have liked him, mainly for being younger, just like Yixing’s parents probably wouldn’t have approved of Kyungsoo.

Speaking of Kyungsoo, Yixing hadn’t seen him since that horrible day. Unwillingly, he had kept his promise of not going back to the bookstore, not even passing by the street outside. Going there alone, he couldn’t. But because it was Joonmyeon who guided them, holding their hands when they strolled (all the goddamn time), they didn’t walk in that direction. Either way, Kyungsoo was still in Yixing’s mind. He still felt everything had been unfair and heartbreaking. There were also times, whenever he and Joonmyeon did something ‘relationship-related,’ Yixing wondered how the outcome would have been with Kyungsoo. Frequently, it wasn’t positive (for example the parent’s issue). Maybe Kyungsoo was right and them being generations apart would have been too troublesome. It was unfair.

“Here we are.”

Joonmyeon’s voice interrupted Yixing’s thoughts. Joonmyeon got off the car and walked to open Yixing’s door. They were standing on a green cliff. The swooshing sound of ocean waves hitting rocks could be heard, accompanied by squawking seagulls flying high in the blue sky. There was a small house ahead of them. And Yixing gasped while he raised his head. A giant, white lighthouse was near the end of the cliff. He had heard of this place before. It was a well-known tourist attraction, twenty minutes away from their neighboring town (it was one and a half hour for them). But Yixing had never come before.

“Come Xing-Xing,” Joonmyeon said, grabbing Yixing’s hand and following the narrow road that led toward the house and the lighthouse. As Yixing walked, he was still mesmerized by the lighthouse and couldn’t take his eyes off it.

“Are we going up?”

Joonmyeon nodded. “Yes, love. The view is amazing, you’re gonna love it. Unless… You’re not afraid of heights, are you?” he asked, stopping immediately and looking at Yixing. Worry could be seen all over Joonmyeon’s face.

Sometimes Joonmyeon made everything seem so real as if he actually cared about Yixing. But Yixing always had to remind himself it wasn’t, nothing was real. “I’m not! But how many steps are they?”

“I think one hundred and ninety-four steps,” Joonmyeon said as if that was nothing. They retook their walk.

“What?”

Joonmyeon chuckled, “Don’t worry, darling. If you get tired, I’ll give you a piggyback ride.” He winked and raised his free hands, making a thumbs-up gesture.

Yixing rolled his eyes. He stared at the lighthouse. Thinking about it again, he might take that offer. One hundred and ninety-four steps, that was a lot!

When they arrived at the house, Joonmyeon knocked on the door. An old man appeared, the person in charge of the lighthouse. He welcomed them to the place and introduced himself to Yixing. Apparently, the man and Joonmyeon were acquaintances from before. It seemed Joonmyeon had come here before. First, they paid for their visit tickets. And after the brief historical explanation, Yixing mostly took in that what used to be a vital navigational for maritime pilots, was nowadays a well-known tourist attraction, thanks to modern electronic systems. In the end, the man also explained the safety measures. And so, the three followed the road to the lighthouse.

A few steps led to a red door. Yixing wondered if those were counted in the one hundred and ninety-four steps. The man unlocked the door and repeated to them the safety procedures one last time while Joonmyeon nodded saying he already knew. Yixing had thought they’d all walk together, but the man probably couldn’t bear going up those stairs over and over again (visitors came a lot in the summer had he said).

So, Yixing and Joonmyeon walked inside, Joonmyeon being enthusiastic about it, Yixing thinking how his legs would feel afterward. A small corridor and yet another few steps led them inside the lighthouse. To their right, the beginning of the spiral stairs could be seen. There wasn’t much light, only the sunlight coming from the large windows, but it was enough to see everything.

“Wow,” Yixing said. He looked up to see how the stairs curved into circles. The path seemed like an interminable spiral. “De-dear, are you sure it’s only a hundred and ninety-four?”

 “I told you, love, if you get tired, I’ll carry you. If you allow me, of course.” Joonmyeon beamed.

Yixing raised an eyebrow. “How? Won’t you be tired as hell?”

Joonmyeon shrugged. “We’ll fix it somehow. Now let’s go!” He let go of Yixing’s hand and went up a few steps of the spiral stairs. Just when Yixing could use a hand to hold. Yixing shook his head. What was he thinking? He sighed. Besides, the stairs were too narrow, they couldn’t fit them both going up at the same pace. Yixing strolled to hold the railing of the stairs, he raised his feet and went up the first three steps. Joonmyeon had stared at him smiling fondly. Then, Joonmyeon turned around, and he and Yixing began the endless journey.

The noise of their feet pounding against the metallic surface echoed in the building, accompanied by their voices. They talked about irrelevant things. But every now and then Joonmyeon would give Yixing words of encouragement, telling him he was doing great and they were going to be there soon. To himself, Yixing smiled. Still, walking step after step was tiring, oh so tiring. And during the walk upstairs, Yixing decided to stare down rather than up. It felt more accomplishing to know how much they had ascended rather than what it was left.  

When they were half-way (according to Joonmyeon), they took a small break. Yixing exclaimed in joy while Joonmyeon laughed warm-heartedly. As Yixing sat down, he realized how far they had come. He would really not like to trip and fall, that wouldn’t be pleasant at all. And when Yixing stared out the window, he saw the blue ocean. He got immersed in the scenery. They weren’t even on top, but it already looked breathtaking. That motivated him to go up and see the incredible view Joonmyeon had talked about. His legs could be in pain tomorrow, right now, he needed to do this.

“Let’s continue, Joonmyeon!” Yixing said as he stood up. Their break had lasted less than fifteen minutes.

Joonmyeon stared at him while grinning. “As you wish, Yixing.”

Going up the remaining steps was as hazardous as the first half. But Yixing was determined to finish and without Joonmyeon’s help. Thinking about it again, being carried by Joonmyeon would be more embarrassing than Joonmyeon calling him ‘his love.’

The satisfaction and relief Yixing felt once they reached the last step, and saw the open door that led outside felt incredible. They walked outside, standing side by side and holding the round, cold, metal railing. He and Joonmyeon inhaled deeply, filling their lungs with much needed fresh air. Yixing was sweating, and he regretted putting on a black T-shirt. But none of that mattered when he saw the view in front of them.

The ocean water was glistening. It was immense with no beginning nor end on the sides. In front, there was a clear division in blue hues between the water and the sky, the horizon. A few clouds could be seen. Seagulls were flying nearby, screeching. And when a fresh breeze passed through them, rustling Yixing’s hair, that made everything perfect. This moment was perfect. Yixing was in awe. He hadn’t even realized when Joonmyeon had put his hand on top of his. It was perfect nonetheless.

“You were right, this is amazing, Joonmyeon.”

Joonmyeon smiled proudly. “What did I tell you, Xing-Xing? I’m always right.”

Yixing smiled before laughing.

“It makes you think, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah. Like the world is so huge… How do you even know this place? You’ve been here before, haven’t you?”

“Yes, a couple times.” Joonmyeon turned his gaze away from Yixing to look at the skyline instead. As Yixing saw his side profile, his features, and dark hair, he thought Joonmyeon looked good, more picturesque while he smiled remembering something. He began telling Yixing a story, the story of how a big city boy like him had ended in a small town like theirs.

The first time Joonmyeon had come here was with his grandparents (from his mother’s side). He was seven at that time. And that was the last memory he had of them. They died later in the year. Still, he was fond of that reminiscence. The second time he had come was on the same day his family was moving to town, five years later, when he was twelve. Joonmyeon remembered looking out the car window and shouting once the lighthouse came into view. He asked his parents if they could stop. He didn’t need to nag much, his parents fulfilled his request. They all went up. That was the first memory he had of his family doing something together, all of them, having fun. After that, each year Joonmyeon had asked either one of his parents or both to drive him here. This year he had decided to come on his own for the first time, now that he had his driver’s license. But he didn’t mind taking Yixing with him.

The reason why they had moved was that of Joonmyeon’s father. The man had invested most of his life in a career in finances, trying to make his own fortune and to provide a good life for his family. And that he had done. Everyone in town knew that Joonmyeon’s family was rather wealthy, even if they didn’t flaunt it around as one would think. But that had come with a price: less time to be with his wife and son, and lots, lots of stress and pressure. Until one day Joonmyeon’s dad suffered from a heart-attack due to all the strain. That was the changing point. The near-death experience that made the man want to change the hectic city life for the tranquility of green mountains and open fields, a high-paid job for a regular one in a small bank. It also gave Joonmyeon’s dad more chances to spend quality time with his wife and son. And years later, he had gotten interested in politics, which led him to be elected as the mayor.

“Did you want to move?” Yixing asked after Joonmyeon had finished the story.

“Honestly, not so much. I liked living in the city. I had all my friends there. Plus, I had more opportunities to improve my acting. But now I think it was for the best. My family has gotten much closer, my dad is much healthier, and I’ve made new friends.”

Yixing blinked repeatedly. He furrowed his eyebrows. Had he heard correct? “Wait, did you say, ‘improve your acting?’”

“Oh yeah, didn’t I tell you? When I was a kid, I got a small role in a movie. It was just like five lines. Thanks to my aunt, she was the producer. Even so, it was pretty fun! I liked it a lot. And after that experience, I just knew. I wanna be an actor,” Joonmyeon explained casually.

“What?!”

“Yes.” Joonmyon laughed. “When I lived in the city, it was easier to meet with the acting coaches and teachers. Although I still get to meet them once in a while. But you know, the distance. I’ve also been taking some courses every summer. And I’ve applied to the University of Arts next year, for the department of acting. I think I have a shot, my teachers say so too.”

Yixing gasped. Suddenly everything made sense to him. Why Joonmyeon could pretend their fake relationship was real, why he could be the most caring boyfriend, why he behaved so naturally with Yixing, why he was always chosen as the main lead in their school plays, his knowledge in movies, it all made sense. He had thought Joonmyeon would study something else, given that he is the best student in the whole class. However, Joonmyeon wanted to become an actor. And for Yixing, now he began thinking Joonmyeon would be a great one. It actually fitted him. “That’s, that’s…”

“A bad idea? Foolish?”

Yixing shook his head. “No, you’re gonna be a hell of an actor, Joonmyeon. It’s impressive.”

Instead of smiling, Joonmyeon chuckled. “You’re basically the first person outside my family who doesn’t say I’m gonna regret it, or I should choose a ‘real job.’”

“Are you kidding me? You’re perfect for it. Like you almost got me there.”

“What?”

“With this! I mean, I was kinda starting to think you might be in love with me or something, but that seemed far-fetched. And it was because you’ve been acting this whole time! That explains everything.” Yixing withdrew his hand from Joonmyeon’s clasp and clapped loudly. “Amazing performance, future top-notch actor Kim Joonmyeon.”

Joonmyeon averted his gaze, suddenly finding the floor more interesting. “Yeah. Acting.”

Yixing figured Joonmyeon might have gotten embarrassed by his compliments. Finally, he had made Joonmyeon a little nervous.

Then Joonmyeon looked up at Yixing, and asked, “What about you? What are your plans for the future?”

“Me? Oh… I wanna become a doctor.”

Joonmyeon raised an eyebrow, staring at him intensely. “Really?”

Yixing pouted and lightly hit Joonmyeon on the arm. “Hey! I’m smart! I might not be number one like you, but I’m on the top ten in the class.”

“Sorry, love.” Joonmyeon rubbed his arm and feigning pain. “But I saw something in your gaze when you said it. Something that tells me that you are not entirely convinced?”

How did he know? Well, Joonmyeon was right. Yixing wasn’t entirely sure. It was a career path he had decided to follow last year after he had practiced at the hospital. Being a doctor seemed the safest option, with good job possibilities if he was good enough. He thought he was. And Yixing did look forward to it a bit. However, what made him doubt was that he couldn’t help thinking, what would happen if he had chosen the other path? His childhood dream.

“But what do I even know…” Joonmyeon said, “Anyway, a doctor? That’s great, Yixing! You’re going to-”

“A violinist,” Yixing said. For once he didn’t want to hear the praise of why becoming a doctor was so great. He had never told anyone about the violin, not since that day he quitted. Yixing had always thought nobody could understand why he had quit, not even Kyungsoo. For some unknown reason, he felt he could trust Joonmyeon and say it. “I wanted to become a professional violinist.”

Unlike what anyone thought, Yixing had actually been born in the city. Yixing’s dad was originally from their small town. In university, his dad met a foreign exchange student. He was studying to become an agriculture technician, she was majoring in art. They fell in love, ended up marrying each other and started a family. After Yixing’s mother’s career as a fine artist never took off, she gave up when Yixing was five-years-old. Then, his father got a job offer in his native town, and well, they ended up moving there.

Yixing had begun playing the violin when he was six. During that time his parents had signed him up for lessons in different hobbies. Of all the things Yixing had tested, the violin was the one he liked the most. He loved the elegant and moving music of the instrument.

As the years passed, Yixing had continued devoting himself entirely to the instrument. He always made sure to play each piece with his heart because he loved playing. And he despite coming from a small town and having a local violin teacher, he had been good at it, or at least that was what people had said. When he had won his first competition, it had been one of the most rewarding feelings. Seeing how the crowd fell silent and mouth open as his fingers manipulated the strings, as his other hand moved the bow, conveying a harmonic melody filled with emotions (according to the judges). Standing on stage, being named the winner and listening to the cheers, that was incredibly rewarding.

Soon it had become his dream to be a professional violinist playing in a professional orchestra in the future. Mastering the arts of playing the violin took a lot of time, a lot of high-intensity practice. Reaching the professional level without any efforts or time invested was hard. Yixing, however, was very committed, with a serious passion for the instrument. Each day he played for hours. If he continued practicing, he knew he’d achieve it one day. He also had the advantage of having started at an early age.

Until it was that year, the year he’d turn twelve, and his family was considering moving back to the city so he could have one of the more professional violin teachers. Yet, those plans were put on hold after Yixing had injured his hand when the car door was shut on his fingers. It had been an accident. He had never once blamed his little brother for it, the child had only been four-years-old. Yixing broke two fingers. For weeks he lost the ability to play, to continue practicing, to move those fingers that used to hold the strings.

While Yixing recovered, the afternoons he spent in silence were unbearable. His hand itched to play, but he knew he couldn’t. The confidence he used to have slowly fragmented until almost nothing was left. Fear started to grow in him. How would he play from now on? He was falling back, he was slacking. Breaking his diligence had been too much. How would he regain his skills?

After Yixing’s fingers had fully recovered, his parents didn’t pressure him to resume his training right away. They never had pressured Yixing to become the perfect violinist, they always supported him in the right amounts. If Yixing didn’t feel like playing yet, they let him be. The fear had grown more by then, especially after he played for himself for the first time. Compared to the pieces he saved in his recorder months ago, he felt it didn’t sound the same. And so the fear prevented Yixing from freely picking up the instrument, pressing his jaw against the chinrest, holding the strings and moving the bow to play a simple note. He couldn’t. He was scared. Even if his hand had healed, he feared it could never be the same. The melodies sounded differed. And Yixing imagined playing again and seeing the disappointment in everyone’s eyes when they realize it wasn’t what it used to be. He imagined never winning again. He imagined not being accepted to the University of arts, not being good enough. Then he thought of how his mother had fought to be a successful artist, but it didn’t pay off. What if that would happen to him too? And this cowardice, his fear of failure, ultimately made him quit playing, months after his fingers had recovered.

Sometimes, in the years that came, Yixing had a small longing of playing again. Yet he was still afraid. He could never take back the time he had lost. And it was a vicious circle because whenever he thought about playing once more, he thought of the time he had lost and how it would be hard to catch up. But he never actually retook it.

Now, six years had passed since then, and Yixing knew he probably had almost no chances of becoming a professional violinist. It was a career with tremendous competition. One wrong note and he was immediately out of an audition. Everyone applying had years of training on their backs. Yixing had lost everything when he had decided to quit.

With college applications this year, his old dream had resurfaced. He looked at his application form and asked himself if becoming a doctor was the right thing. Did he really want that? Would that really make him happy? The doubts brought back his old childhood memories. And Yixing felt a bit ashamed of himself for not being strong enough to face his demons, to continue with his improvement. If he had been braver, if his parents had pushed him more, then maybe he could have at some point recovered everything he had lost. Maybe by now, he could have even applied for the University of Arts. Maybe he and Joonmyeon would have attended there together. It was too late for it now. And there wasn’t anyone to blame but him, Yixing knew that. If he had really wanted to, he could have retaken it, he could have tried to catch up somehow. But he hadn’t done it, so it was his fault. Still, Yixing couldn’t help wondering what ifs.

“Yeah, so that’s why.” The whole time he had spoken, Yixing hadn’t wanted to look a Joonmyeon, just in case, he saw the disappointment in his eyes. Yixing always felt disappointed with himself for wishing something but never actually doing anything to grasp it. He felt Joonmyeon putting his hand on top of his again. Yixing turned his head to the side and saw Joonmyeon smiling fondly at him. It was that smile that made Yixing smile back.

“So, the violin? That’s amazing, Yixing. I would love to hear you play one day. I like classical music too. And you seem to really have enjoyed playing.”

“I-I did. But back then, I asked my mom to get rid of everything, including my violin. Except for my recorder. It was brand new,” Yixing said, thinking of how nowadays his TASCAM recorder was no longer used to record tracks of his performances. Instead, he used it for doing homemade ASMR videos. At least it had found a new meaning. “Well, eventually it became useful.”

“Oh, I see. But why don’t you give it a try again? Who knows, you might be better than you think.”

Yixing let out a laugh. “It’s too late. I screwed up. At this point, I won’t be able to reach a professional level.”

“How do you know?”

“A very strong hunch. And people in this field tend to say, the later you begin, the fewer the chances are.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah.”

They were silent after that heart-to-heart conversation. For some reason, Yixing felt relieved as if a big weight had been taken off his shoulder. Perhaps he had needed to tell this to someone, to voice out that he wasn’t sure of becoming a doctor like everyone thought. Joonmyeon had been very understanding about it.

Their quiet time was interrupted when Joonmyeon’s stomach growled. Yixing burst out laughing, Joonmyeon joining him too.

“You know I have some sandwiches and water in the car. Are you ready to go back, beautiful?”

Yixing nodded.

“Oh. Before I forget,” Joonmyeon said, taking out his phone from his pocket, “Let’s take a picture!”

Yixing smile while shaking his head. “Just don’t drop your phone.”

Joonmyeon tilted his head toward Yixing’s shoulder. They were both smiling as the wide blue ocean and sky were behind them. Once the picture was taken, and they were ready to go, Joonmyeon said, “Remember, darling, if you get too tired, just say the word, and I’ll carry you!”

Yixing just rolled his eyes.

The way back to town felt quicker, but it had taken the same amount of time. As Yixing sat on the passenger seat, surprisingly his legs didn’t feel dead from all that workout. But he knew tomorrow would be a whole other story. He had jokingly told Joonmyeon he might not want to go up from bed at all, and ‘his boyfriend’ should bring their routine parfait to him. Joonmyeon had said he would do it, of course. Somehow, Yixing felt Joonmyeon wasn’t joking at all, he would probably do it.

Joonmyeon stopped the car in front of Yixing’s house. “I guess this is it,” he said, staring at Yixing.

“Yeah.”

Joonmyeon sighed. “Okay, I gotta ask. What do you do with your recorder now?” He raised an eyebrow. “Do you like, sing or something?”

“Curious much?” Yixing asked teasingly. It was another thing he hadn’t told anyone (except Baekhyun who had found him once). He never showed his entire face on camera as a privacy measure, but he kept it a secret, mostly because he didn’t want his friends and family to know it was him. It would make him feel self-conscious if he knew they were watching him. However, again, he didn’t mind telling this to Joonmyeon. Why? Who knew. Still, Yixing said, “I use it to record the audio for ASMR videos.”

“What?” Joonmyeon asked, his eyes were wide-open. “No way. The whole whispering, tapping and tingles thing? Auto-something… You do that?”

Yixing laughed. “Autonomous sensory meridian response, yeah. It’s like the experience of tingly sensations on the skin caused by external triggers. But how do you know that? Do you watch ASMR videos too?”

Joonmyeon shook his head. “No, but I remember my mom talking about it once. She said it helped her sleep.”

“Yeah, it can very relaxing.”

“How come you do that?”

“Well, I started watching them last year. Then I saw someone using the same recorder to tap stuff, and I thought it’ll be fun to try. And well, other people seemed to like what I did. So, I continued.”

“Do you have like a YouTube channel?”

Yixing nodded. “I do. Seventy thousand subscribers.”

“Wow, you’re actually famous. Can’t believe my boyfriend is a little celebrity.”

Yixing laughed. “Hardly. I don’t show my entire face. You know, privacy.”

“You have to give me the name. I have to watch them!”

“Fine. I’ll send you the link later. But don’t you dare tell anyone.”

“I would never break your trust, love,” Joonmyeon said, smiling in reassurance.

They looked at each for a while, smiling. Until someone knocked on the glass door, making Yixing jump in his seat. He turned around and saw his brother standing outside his door. He lowered the window. “Baekhyun? What are you doing here?” Yixing asked, frowning.

“Ew, don’t tell me you two were gonna kiss.” Baekhyun grimaced. “Mom said if you walk inside alone, you won’t be eating dinner. That’s all.” The little boy walked back inside the house.

And Yixing cursed inwards. Oh well, there was no excuse now.

“What was that about?” Joonmyeon asked in amusement.

“Nothing… Would like to ea-eat dinner with my family?” Yixing asked nervously.

“Honey, I would love to.” Joonmyeon grinned. And that made Yixing flinch a little. Joonmyeon caressed his chin and added, “You know, now that I think about it, you still haven’t called me enough pet names today… As a punishment, we might have to double the amount tomorrow.”

Of course, Yixing thought. He had thought Joonmyeon would forget about it but no. There was no way he was going to say it thirty times in the same day. “Don’t worry, love. There’s still enough time today, sweetie. Now let’s go, my parents are waiting, baobei.”

Joonmyeon laughed warm-heartedly. “Baobei? What does it mean? Yixing!” he said as he called after Yixing, who had already left the car and was walking toward the door.

 

 

 

OMG I’M FREAKING OUT GUYS. ZHANG YIXING'S AKA THE KING OF CHINA'S ALBUM IS COMING SOON ;w;

XBACK/XINGMI OUR TIME HAS COME! *hugs* LET’S REJOICE!!! <33333