ثمانية

Root of the Blues | pcy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something was wrong, I could feel it in the air. It woke me up. I don't know what it was but I found my eyes shot open. I tried to go back to sleep when I heard heavy breathing sounds, I was looking for the source of the sound when I turned around and saw Chanyeol sitting at the edge of the bed, panting heavily like he just ran a marathon. I carefully got up and quickly sat at the other side next to him. 

 

He looked so pale, his hair was a mess and sweat dripped from his forehead. I never saw him like this. I put a supporting hand on his shoulders asking, worried, “W-what's wrong?” I looked at him desperately waiting for him to say something. 

 

He looked back, his eyes screaming help, he looked like he wanted to talk but someone was watching, like something banned him from doing so. 

 

He kept staring into my eyes, breathing heavily then he gulped, looked at his hands and said “I'm fine, let's just go back to sleep, ”

 

He patted my hand then got up, saying “I'll wash up, you sleep.” and got out of the room. 

 

I just sat there and thought, I failed again, I couldn't help him again, this was the third time this week that something like this happened, I can't help him and I can't help myself to help him. I didn't feel my waterworks turning on until my whole hand soaked wet and I gasped for air.

 

This was followed by multiple similar situations and worst, he'd mumble things in his sleep and he'd try to fight back or get out of something’s grip on his neck and the only thing I could do was shake him to wake up in hopes ending this nightmare, but I couldn't stop it. I felt so useless it was eating me alive. 

 

When I married Chanyeol, I didn't expect it to be easy, considering the fact that he didn't seem like a normal person sometimes but I never thought too much about why is he like this or the reason behind it, I tried my best not to know what kind of “thing” is going on with him, through our long journey if I ever came across something that may sound like what he's going through I would try my hardest not to connect the other “symptoms and characteristics” to his actions, I got an uncountable questions of “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter