Mortal

❣ Don't Falter ❣

Chapter II

Jeon Jungkook had no parents.

 

All he knew though was that they died in a car crash when he was 6. Atleast that's what his relatives told him. He was raised by his grandparents but both of them had passed away after he finished highschool.

 

So as of the moment, He had no guardians whatsoever. He's a broke college student that works part-time at night in a Bar singing his off and spends his weekend working in a coffee shop all while balancing his school schedule.

 

He's living in his friends apartment with a decent distance from campus. And honestly, His life was pretty plain. Nothing out of the ordinary. Although he did find one thing weird, Before his grandparents died they had boxes and boxes of beer like bottles filled with a dark red almost blackish color and they had advised Jungkook strictly to drink one of it everyday until the day he turns 18. I didnt really taste weird, Just tasted like regular cherry soda and it did not bother Jungkook. Regardless, He did what they told him to do since it was their dying wish. He's been drinking that for almost 11 years now and he's grown to love it. He cant last a day without it anymore, Weirdly enough. Although it was still abit mind boggling since until now he still hasnt found an exact replica of that drink from any store and trust me, he visited LOTS of stores. So he's worried if the left boxes of his drink will last him one more year.

 

Anyways, Back to college. He took up Performing Arts and Photography just because that's what he excels in the most. And he's genuinely interested in these things so thats a plus.


Although, Like any college student, He's struggling to pay rent. His friend had left the apartment so Jungkook had to pay twice the amount he used to when he lived with his friend, Hoseok. But since Hoseok had to move to another place because he got accepted in a bigger college Jungkook had been shouldering the payment alone. Why is this important you ask? Because its been two months since he had last payed rent and since he's short on money and time and his shifts dont match his schedule at school he couldnt tend to it. It was a priority but Jungkook just didnt have enough. He ddid however have half of the rent money and was going to pay awhile ago but the owner did not accept it anymore since he expected Jungkook to 'miss' alot more of the rents in the future.

So yeah, Jungkook was homeless.

And stupid. Mostly stupid though because he did not want to ask for help from anyone. Claiming to himself that his friends will be burdened and he can deal with his alone. Knowing Hoseok, He'll probably never live if he knew he did this to Jungkook. So the younger boy just zipped his mouth, Packed his bags, And went to his night shift at the bar trying to think positively.

>>>

He didnt expect to see him there--The person he bumped into when he was on his way to the bar. To be honest he was completely stunned by the man, He was absolutely gorgeous. He looked younger than him. And had a very pale complexion. His lips were plump and almost blood red and he had hazlenut brown eyes. Jungkook was pretty surprised that he had striked a conversation with him since Jungkook wasnt really in good shape by then, He probably looked like a zombie with no makeup on, Since he usually fixes himself up at the bar.

Anyways, He didnt expect to see him there.

It was odd because the minute Jungkook saw the slumped figure at the far end of the bar, He almost recognized him too immediately. Which again, Was weird. Since Jungkook wasnt that fast to pick up details about a person but somehow, He just knew.

And so, He plucked up the courage and strides towards the man with shaky strides; his breath held.

As soon as they talk though, Its as if naturally Jungkook was comfortable around him. And again, mega confusing because Jungkook is naturally a very VERY akward person. Especially with people he finds attractive. But again, Somehow, With jimin, He wasnt.

Jungkook wasnt drunk when he said Jimin looked beautiful; No. Even with all Jimin's bruises he still looked stunning as ever. Jungkook didnt dare to ask what had happened, Feeling as if he was stepping over their boundary. So instead, He asked Jimin if he could buy him a drink and engage in a soft conversation. Jungkook didnt want to get laid no, If he did he'd go to a club for that. But this is a bar; and Jimin was different. Jungkook just wanted to get to know him.

And converse they did; they talked and talked about sweet nothings. Jungkook learned that Jimin was two years older than him, Also learned that Jimin likes cats. And that his favorite color is blue; And how his brother was married and how he fell face flat on his birthday cake on the age of two.

"Hey, Its getting late. Arent you still in, what? College? Shouldnt you be home by Now?"

Jungkook stiffens at the question thrown his way. He glances up warily at Jimin, obviously hesitating to tell him.

Its not like Jimin would help him, And he just met him today, So... He wouldnt be, Overstepping boundaries? in a way? He wouldnt burden Jimin right?

"About that..."

"Mm?"

Jimin tilts his head in question, Finishing the last of his drink and waiting patiently for Jungkook to continue.

"I sorta... Dont have a place?"

Jimin furrows his brows.

"What do you mean you 'dont have a place'?"

Jimin says making air quotations with his fingers. Jungkook chuckles akwardly and reaches up to scratch the back of his neck.

Jimin thought it was cute.

It made Jungkook look younger than he already was.

"I got kicked out of the apartment i lived in cuz' i wasnt able to pay rent for two months. But that's okay. I'll figure it out, Beautiful."

"So you're telling me, That you bought me a in' drink even though you dont have a place to live in?!"

"I had excess from the rent i was supposed to pay recently. And you were pretty. It was an exception."

Jimin huffs, Standing up and grabbing his phone. He pulls his hood off and dials a number, Jungkook just stares at him in confusion. Drink long forgotten.

"Im worried you might lose your life just because someone is 'pretty', Jeon Jungkook."

Jimin says, He presses his phone on his ear and sets his lips in a thin line. Jungkook hears a soft 'hello' from the speaker but before he could ask what Jimin was doing, The latter had pulled him of the chair and towards the exit of the bar. Jungkook hurriedly grabs his bag from the counter as he gets dragged outside.

"Yoongi-hyung? Yeah. Can you do me a favor? Hmm, I need a condominium from outside the boundaries? Yes. Get me one please, The one where Jin-hyung's parents own. Yes that. Yep. Thankyou!"

"Jimin? Hey! Jimin-ah! What do you mean?"

Jimin stops on the sidewalk, Hails a taxi and opens the car door. Jungkook just looks at him with eyes wide.

"What?"

"Get in."

"Why?!"

"Just get in Jungkook."

Jungkook splutters.

"How am i not sure you arent going to kidnap me?"

Jimin rolls his eyes.

"I dont have time for this, Get in or i'll make you."

Jungkook folds his arms and glares. He wasnt going to go in--- With a yelp he gets pushed in the cab and Jimin sits down beside him. He says something to the driver and the minute the car moves Jungkook scrambles to sit up from where he was thrown.

"What did you just do?"

Jimin is texting, And when Jungkook says that he looks at the younger boy with a cheeky grin.

"Im paying for the drink, Handsome."

>>>

"Jimin! NO! I wont accept this!"

Jimin snorts, Throwing Jungkooks bag on the bed and looking around the condominium he just bought. Pretty decent.

Jungkook can live here.

"Too late. Its a little tight though. Do you want a bigger one? I can ask for--"

"No! No! I dont want anything. Jiminie you dont owe me anything, I dont need this!"

"Yes you do. And please, Just let me do this for you."

"You literally just met me awhile ago why are you being like this!"

"Hmm... because i care?"

"You care for a stranger?!"

"No. I care for you. You arent a stranger, You're Jungkook. Shut up and accept this. No return engagements."

"B-But..."

"I said, No buts."

"You didnt say that..."

"KOOK!"

"R-Right. Im sorry, Im sorry. How can i ever repay you for this?"

Jimin giggles, Eye crinkling cutely even with the bruise.

"Just let me stay here for a night. Im not in the mood to go back home."

"That's all?! You dont want me to... I dont know? Serve you for an eternity or something?"

Jimin sighs, Checking the shelves in the kitchen.

"I told you, Kook. Just let me do this for you. I like you. You feel like home."

Jungkook flushes at the comment, Carefully sitting down on sofa and watching Jimin roam around checkibg stuff.

"Are you sure you dont want anything from me? I'll do anything?"

Jimin stops inspecting the microwave and looks back at Jungkook.

"The microwave is dead. Im buying you a new one, Also tell me the address of your old apartment. I will ask someone to bring your stuff here. Do you want groceries too? Lets go out tomorrow so you can grab some, Okay?"

"I-Its too much! I--"

"No. Shut up. Accept it, Jungkook. Okay? And in turn... just dont leave this place? I... Want to see you more and get closer. So i.. yeah. I just want someone to be here when i want an escape."

"An escape from what?"

"...I'll tell you soon, Kook."

Jimin ruffles the boys hair.

"Now.... How about you give me the address of your apartment then we can sleep, Yeah?"

>>>

Jungkook snores.

His snores were adorable.

Jimin had to bite his lip so he wouldnt burst out giggling. His phone vibrates in his pocket so he has to momentarily stop staring at Jungkook's sleeping figure and pick up.

Not that he's been staring for 3 hours at jungkook. Nope, he wasnt. (okay maybe he was, shut up)

"Yo?"

(Are you ing crazy?!)

Jimn winces, moving the phone away from his ear and complaining about getting deaf. He walks towards the balcony of the condominium and lights a cigarette, he puffs the air out before he answers.

"What's wrong?"

(Dont "what's wrong" me Park ing Jimin! How dare you not come back home!)

"Yeah, About that. I probably wont in a few days."

(You must be kidding me!!! Do you have a ing death wish or something?!)

"Tae, I'll be fine. Dont worry about it."

(I can't not worry about it Jimin! If your father finds out about this your ing dead! The order will---)

"I know what the order will do to me, Kim Taehyung. I know. And i'm ready for that okay?!"

(All of this trouble for what Jimin? For what! For an escape?)

"It isnt just an 'escape' for me anymore."

Jimin says with finality. He finishes his cigarette and throws the stick on the floor and stepping on it.

(What do you mean?)

Jimin sighs.

"I found--"

"Hyung?"

A quiet voice whispers. Jimin jumps in shock and turns around, He's greeted with a half asleep Jungkook with tousled hair.

" sorry, Did i wake you?"

(Jimin? Jimin! Who is that?! Who are you with?!)

Jimin ignores Taehyung's questions from the phone.

"No.. I thought you left so i looked for you--"

Jungkook yawns, Rubbing his left eye.

"Sorry. I just went out for a smoke."

Jungkook nods sleepily, Taking a step forward in the balcony and making grabby hands for Jimin. Jimin sees Jungkook's skin tingle, Sees how he shivers at the midnight breeze. Jimin smiles abit in affection and ushers Jungkook to go back in.

"Hyung, Sleep with me."

Jungkook whines sleepily, Jimin nods. He tucks the boy into bed and carefully kisses his forehead.

(JIMIIIIIINNNNN!!)

"Shut up. He's sleeping."

Jimin hisses at the phone speaker.

(Who's 'he' Park Jimin.)

"I found my soulmate Tae."

(HOLY ?! You did?! OH MY ING GOD! I'm so happy for you, Babe! Hurry and bring him back here to the clan--)

"I-I... I can't do that."

Jimin can feel Taehyung's frown from the phone.

(Why not? Do you not like your mate?)

"No! N-No its not that. Im completely enamored by him."

(Then why?)

Jimin sighs again, Threading his fingers to Jungkook's hair. His eyes watering; And . He's already hurting and Jungkook isnt even his yet.

"H-He's human."

And somehow, That was explanation enough.

~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~

YEYYY 😂💞 as always ur comments make my day so dont forget to leave em there! Loveyou all!!!

~Hyunnie💕