Scents

❣ Don't Falter ❣

Chapter IX

 

"Seriously gyeom, You have to cancel the date."

 

"I'll try my best okay, Knowing Eunha she WILL do everything to get that date."

 

Jungkook runs his palm through his face in frustration while letting out an exasperated sigh. He looks at his friends pleadingly.

 

"You don't understand, Jimin WILL kill me!"

 

"But you just said that you weren't official!"

 

Mingyu counters. They just exited the campus and is now on their way to the school's gate. Jungkook got dismissed awhile ago but they made it a habit to wait for each other and head home all at the same time. They would usually stop over a coffee shop afterwards just to hang out and finih some assignments.

 

"Jungkook!"

 

A high voice screams from behind them calls out, Jungkook winces at the familiar voice, Cursing internaly as he musters up the fakest smile he can make.


"Eunha, Hey!"

Bambam greets akwardly, Yugyeom coughs and Mingyu side-eyes Jungkook. The boy just gives him a "why are you looking at me?" look.

"Hi!"

Eunha greets in enthusiasm, Though it was obvious she was waiting for Jungkook to look at her. Jungkook rubs at his neck akwardly, Looking at anywhere and anything but Eunha.

"Kookie! Are you free this friday? We could maybe see a movie? If you want?"

Eunha starts, Fluttering her eyes even though Jungkook wasnt looking at her.

"Look, Eunha--"

The girl cuts him off.

"Or maybe we can go to an amusement park! I heard that a new one was opening a few blocks away from here! You down?"

"Uhhh.."

Jungkook says, Chuckling akwardly.

"I-I dont really think--"

"Love!"

A soft voice calls out from behind Jungkook, He knows that voice all too much. And somehow even in the akward situation he was in, His lips tug up to a wider smile. Jungkook turns his head back and while his grin widens his friends jaws drop.

Jimin.

He was clad in a black button up shirt, black pants and black shoes. His previously blonde hair was dyed into black and his chocolate brown eyes were replaced by a dark blue color. He looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Hyung! How'd you get here?"

Jungkook said, the excitement in his voice wasnt left unnoticed by the vampire. Upon closer inspection, Jungkook sees a very generous amount of foundation and concealer on Jimin's face. He's gonna have to check on that later. But for now...

"Took a cab, Are you dismissed?"

Jungkook nods in affirmation, As jimin reaches up to brush away the creases on the boys shirt by his shoulder. Jimin gives him a charming smile.

"You did well?"

Jungkook chuckles, His hand finding its way on Jimin's waist in autopilot.

"I tried atleast?"

Jimin giggles, Tiptoeing to reach Jungkook's height and pressing a soft, chaste kiss on the boys lips.

"What brings you here?"

"I came to fetch you? What else?"

The two only snap out of their trance when Eunha coughs to interrupt them.

"I-I guess im gonna get going now! Im sorry, Jungkook! I didnt think you had a boyfriend! I'll back off, Bye guys~"

The girl says, her face showed that she was very uncomfortable. Jungkook nods, Apologizes and the girl leaves. His friends are still gaping at him when he tightens his hold on Jimin's waist.

"These are my friends. Yugyeom, Bambam and Mingyu. Guys, Jimin!"

Jimin peels his eyes away from Jungkook to give a beaming smile at the three. He puts a hand out for them to shake.

"Hi! I'm Jimin, Jungkook's boyfriend."

Three collective gasps were heard and Jungkook stares at Jimin in shock.

"Oh my god!"

"Jungkook what the hell!"

"Why didnt you tell us!"

Jungkook sends Jimin a panicked look, The vampire just gives him a reassuring smile that says 'I got this' and it did calm Jungkook down.

"We just got together recently and Jungkook didnt want to shock you guys."

Jimin explains, The three nods in understanding.

"Anyways, You guys want to go out for coffee?"

Mingyu immediately declines.

"No! Jesus, No! You guys can go ahead! It was nice meeting you!"

"Also can i point out that you're very beautiful and uh... White! Not in a bad way."

Bambam says, Jimin blushes at the compliment.

"Thankyou!"

"Dude dont flirt with him okay"

Yugyeom says with a laugh pulling Mingyu and bambam away from the couple without screaming a 'see you on monday' and a 'bye Jiminie!' in Jungkook's direction.

"I wish i could tell them im white because i'm not human."

Jimin jokes looking up at Jungkook and smiling.

"Coffee?"

Jungkook nods, Kissing Jimin's forehead.

"Coffee."

>>>

They do end up in the same coffee shop they met Hoseok. They chose to sit on the chair at the back, Almost hidden because it was behind a display of mugs. Jimin was beside Jungkook, Head nestled in the crook of the boys neck. Jungkook's arm was around his shoulder. The other was holding his cup, Sipping on his Cappuccino. His laptop was open and Jimin was scrolling aimlessly through his soulmate's Twitter.
"Your feed is infested with overwatch."

Jimin points out as Jungkook snorts at one of the memes his friend probably retweeted.

"Yeah well that was the only thing important to me before you came along."

Jungkook nonchantly says, Jimin looks up at him in shock and Jungkook takes a moment to process what he just said. After a moment he starts spluttering.

"I-I-I mean---!"

"You're important to me too, Handsome."

Jimin says reaching up to tap at Jungkook's nose. The other wrinkles it in respose.

"Adorable."

Jimin says with a kiss to Jungkook's jaw. They spend almost their whole day just talking in the coffee shop until Jimin asks him a question an hour before the shop closes.

"Jungkook can i scent you?"

Jungkook closes his laptop and looking at Jimin in question.

"Huh?"

"Can i scent you? I thought you've been doing your research, Baby."

"Isnt scenting for werewolves?"

Jimin flinches at the mention of werewolves.

"Baby we arent in some sort of fairytale or anything okay? I dont even know if w-werewoves do exist."

"Okay. Okay, Scenting. What do i have to do? Why do we have to do it?"

Jimin giggles at the boys curiosity, He explains after Jungkook has kept his lapotop in his bag. Jimin leans over the table to place his chin on his palm, twidting his body to face Jungkook.

"You do nothing, I do everything. You dont necessarily need this but i do. Its just to uhm... sort of claim teritorry? So no other vampire will go near you and . Since i cant mark you."

"Okay, Scenting. I approve!"

"If you were a vampire i would warn you about getting a but since you're not i wont."

"Do we do this here? Now?"

Jimin doesnt answer just leans forward and noses Jungkook's neck. The boy jumps in shock, Hand threading on Jimin's hair.

"O-oh ! I guess we are."

"It'll be quick."

Jimin mumbles, Jungkook feels light-headed because of the vampires hot breath against his neck. Jungkook shivers and allows the pleasure thrum through him. After a moment Jungkook's nostrils flare. His nose was filled with a soft scent of cherries. And damn, That smelled good okay.

Jungkook hums, Nosing Jimin's hair and sniffing softly.

"You suddenly smell like cherries, Hyungie."

Jimin removes his head from Jungkook's neck. Brows furrowed in concern.

"Jungkook."

The boys smile drops in concern.

"What?"

"Human's cant smell vampires."

~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~

I FINISHED THIS IN LIKE, 2 DAYS THATS NEW HAHAHA AS ALWAYS UR COMMENTS ARE LOVELY AND THEY MAKE MY DAY SO PLS DROP THEM DOWN THERE! I NEED TO KNOW UR THOUGHTS LOL. GIMME SOME SCENES U WANT TO SEE AND I MAY PUT THEM IN!! LOVE YA'LL SEE U IN THE NEXT UPDATE

~Hyunnie💖