Morning Miracle or...

It's A Little Bit Funny

I haven't slept since my nightmare about those cursed eggs.

My mom was surprised when she opened my bedroom door and saw me awake with my uniform already on.

"OMO. MINA! OHOHOHOHO! Is this a miracle?! Did an angel visit after you had your nightmare?"

I grabbed my school bag and checked myself in my mirror again.

Being early makes me feel like I'm missing something.

I repeated in my mind what I did in the morning.

Shower (ever since the egg incident I take a shower at least 2 times a day) - CHECK

Brush teeth - CHECK

Brush hair - CHECK

Uniform put on correctly -CHECK

Socks - CHECK

Bag - CHECK

Why do I still have this feeling something's missing?!?!

As I headed out my mom insisted I bring a packed breakfast instead of buying breakfast at the convenience store.

I caught the bus alone and since it was still a little early only ajjumma's and ajjussi's were on board.

As I walked to the school's main entrance I saw the principal.

I knew he was waiting for me.

I hid behind a wall and hoped he didn't see me.

Even though it was way too early for students to start arriving he was there.

*Damn, he must've knew I would try and come early*

I sighed and decided to face the music.

I took a minute to mentally prepare myself and walked toward my doom.

I took one step out of my hiding place and the principal yelled

"YOON.MIN.A"

I jumped up and the few citizens walking around were startled too.

"COME HERE. NOW!!"

I panicked and ran.

When I reached him I caught my breath and stood as straight as I could.

"Where were you after school yesterday Ms. Yoon?"

"IN HOMEROOM...sir." my efforts to sound confident went up in dust.

He eyed me down.

"And WHY were THERE and NOT in the third music room LIKE I SAID?"

It took all my willpower to look him in the face.

"I...I...I forgot SIR." another attempt failed.

He shook his head.

"This is your first strike Ms. Yoon. THREE STRIKES YOU'RE OUT!"

I gave him a 90 degree bow.

"Yes sir. I understand sir. This will never happen again sir. I am deeply sorry sir."

He shook his head again but approvingly this time.

"You are to meet the teacher this morning in the same location. The third music room."

He walked away mumbling away about his exercise menu and something about eating protein.

I headed to the third music room and prayed the teacher would let me eat my breakfast.

I opened the door and immediately did a 90 degree bow.

"Hello, my name is Yoon Mina. I am deeply sorry about yesterday something... came up. I hope you treat me kindly."

"And I hope you treat me kindly too." said the teacher.

I looked up and was taken aback.

The greatest teacher Ms. Taeyeon was sitting in the middle of the music room.

I looked around thinking she was just passing through and that my actual teacher was somewhere else.

She laughed as if reading my mind.

"Yes, I am your teacher MinA." she flashed a smile and I felt like my world got 10 times brighter.

Suddenly missing our meeting yesterday made me feel evenworse.

Ms. Taeyeon is a teacher I respect a lot.

She went through so much work to become a singer and she came back to become a teacher.

I've looked up to her ever since my first year of middle school.

She was also a main factor as to why I applied for J-Art School.

I heard that she's an alumni and I thought that at least walking the same halls as her would give me inspiration.

I stood there with my mouth wide open, *she knows my name*

She laughed again "Nice to meet you?"

I didn't know what to say.

I started to panic

*what should I say?! Should it be something funny? Yeah, maybe funny so she knows I'm not too serious all the time. What if she thinks I'm not serious enough?*

Under all the pressure I just said whatever came into my mind first, which was, "I like you."

I facepalmed myself.

"I'M SORRY THAT CAME OUT WRONG. I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT, I DON'T LIKE YOU."

awkward pause.......

"I MEAN I DO LIKE YOU BUT NOT LIKE YOU LIKE THAT. I DO LIKE YOU LIKE A PERSON LIKE AS A TEACHER. AAAHHHH I respect you."

I gave a nother deep bow, mostly to hide my blushing face.

There was a long pause and then Ms. Taeyeon burst out laughing.

She laughed her ahjumma laugh that was famous among the nation.

She tried to say something but she was lauging too hard for me to understand.

"Um... excuse me one more time please?"

She kept laughing "you" more laughing "are tooooooo funny." more laughter.

I felt a wave of honor and thanked her.

When she finally calmed down we got serious

"Your personality is perfect for the MC position. I was told to mentor you. Let's formally meet each other now. My name is Kim Taeyeon but just call me Taeyeon. Don't even add the Ms in front it makes me feel old hehehe."

I stared at her with awe.

"Taeyeon" I said giving the new name a try. I felt so happy that I'm meeting my role model and she allowed me to call her by her first name.

I felt so in power.

I formally greeted her, "My name is Yoon MinA. I am a second year high school student. I came here to learn more about singing. Singing is my passion. I also want to learn more about entertainment. I've wanted to become a singer ever since I was little. I really...like...singing...yeah. Please take care of me."

We shook hands and I heard Taeyeon's stomach growl.

She laughed and rubbed her belly.

"Sorry, I ate breakfast but I get hungry fast."

A light bulb went off in my head. I handed her the breakfast my mom made.

"My mom made this for me but you can have it. I can just buy something or just wait for lunch. I even have chopsticks and a fork."

"Oh, I can't eat all of your breakfast. I know, let's share it!"

*Taeyeon is so kind!!!!!* I thought.

As we sat and discussed the show case we ate my breakfast.

Taeyeon handed me some papers "These are the parts for you so far. It's going to be edited along the way so expect a lot more papers."

I took notes diligently while eating.

We didn't have a lot to talk about since it was our first meeting so we ended our meeting early.

We finished the rest of my breakfast and I started heading toward class.

I said goodbye to Taeyeon and headed to homeroom.

The worries I previously had all melted away after meeting my role model.

I felt like flying.

I walked into homeroom and saw that Sunggyu already arrived and is at his usual seat.

I sit down in my usual seat and greet Sunggyu.

"GOOD MORNING SUNGGYU" I say cheerfully

He looks at me curiously "You do know you're in the wrong seat right?"

I look at him in shock "No way, this is my seat. I'm ALWAYS at the back of the room. Next to you. Always."

"Not anymore, apparently we have a new student so he's going to take your seat. You sit in a new seat now."

I stick my head out the window and yell "NOOOOOOOOOO"