Did I Really Get the Last Word?

It's A Little Bit Funny

I tried to tell Sunggyu the good news of me becoming the MC for the Winter Show Case but he wouldn't even look in my direction, all he could focus on was his phone.

I did everything to get him to focus.

Even when we were eating lunch in class together all he could talk about was his girl friend problems.

I wanted to stand up and tell him to just dump her but I decided to just let him vent to me.

After his ranting was over, lunch was already done and we went back to work.

Now, it's the last class of the day and he's still looking at his phone.

"Psst, Sunggyu." no reply

"Sunggyuuuuu... K I M SUNG GYU" still no reply

"SUNGGYUUUUU" i said in my loudest whisper

"WHAT?!" he said as he shot an angry look at me.

I backed down a little bit and started saying my news when all of a sudden the spawn of evil barges into class.

"What is it Na Eun, we're in the middle of class." our composing teacher said, sounding annoyed.

Na Eun handed a stack of papers to our teacher and said "I'm here to deliver these papers, THAT'S ALL, I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE. I'M NOT TALKING TO ANYONE ELSE THAT'S IT. Thank you"

As she left, she stared daggers at Sunggyu.

All he did was look down and do his work.

"You okay?" I asked genuinely curious.

"...yeah..." he said.

It's like talking to wall.

*Fine, whatever, you don't HAVE to listen to my news. I can just tell my other friends.* I stopped my trail of thought.

Friends... now that I think about it, I don't really have any other friends other than Sunggyu.

I mean, I'm on good terms with the kids in school but they only ask me for help in work or sometimes, on rare occasions, they ask me to eat lunch with them.

That's it.

*Wow, am I really that clingy to Sunggyu? Maybe I'm getting in the way. Maybe I'm just a hindrane.* I kept thinking these thoughts until school ended.

"Hey Min," Sunggyu said startling me.

"I can't walk home with you today. I'm going to work on my song with the teacher. See you at home?"

I kind of expected that he wouldn't be going home but I really wanted to tell him my news.

*Nah, I'll see him at home. It's okay, I'll tell him during dinner with the family.*

I comforted myself with these thoughts yet, I stil couldn't shake that little depressed feeling I get when he says we can't walk home together.

I shook it off and said "Yeah no prob. Dinner at my place remember?"

He smiled a little bit giving me instant comfort.

"Don't worry, I didn't forget. See you later." He said as he patted my head and walked toward the first music room.

"BYE BYE KIM SUNGGYYYUUUUU" I yelled down the hall startling some first year high schoolers.

I was the only one left in homeroom and collected my stuff.

When I was near the door an evil prensence appeared.

"Hey Mina." said Na Eun in her famous sarcastic tone.

"...hi na eun..." I said avoiding eye contact with her.

"I have something important to tell you."

"....what?"

"Stay...away...from...Sunggyu!"

As she said each word in that sentence she took a long step towards me stopping just 5 inches from my location.

I hated her. Having her in the same room with me makes my blood boil.

I stood my ground and firmly said "No, we're best friends, you can't tell me if I can or can't hang out with him."

"Oh, that's where you're wrong 'Min'." she said challenging me. "I'm his GIRLFRIEND"

"I'm the only one allowed to be his best friend. I'm the only one he's allowed to look at. Only me."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so mad my hands curled into fists.

I could no longer suppress my feelings

"You're stupid, you know that? You're such an attention seeker that now you're even brainwashing someone to praise you. No one likes you. You're just someone here you gets in the way and uses the same air. What makes you so high and mighty that you can control Sunggyu? He's not a dog. If anything, you're the dog. I would hit you, but that would be animal abuse."

I side-stepped her but she caught my arm.

"This isn't over." She said.

She let go of my arm and left before me.

When I was certain she was gone I celebrated once more.

*I should've video taped that! Oh my gosh that's the coolest thing I've ever done. This is so amazing. I can't believe I said all that! I just released all my anger out on her. HAHAHA GOOD FOR YOU NA EUN~!"

When I was done with my one man party I exited the school.

I was so happy I was about to skip out of the building, until Na Eun and her friends threw eggs at me.

There were about 6 people and they each had a half a carton of eggs.

It felt like two centuries went by until they were done those throwing eggs.

When they finished they just calmly walked away leaving me covered in egg.

I just stood,frozen, until conveniently, Sunggyu came out of the building.

He immediatley recognized me and threw his jacket on me.

He walked me over to a park that is two blocks away from school.

It's our secret hideout because it's an abandoned park that has a shrine, a swing set, jungle gym, and slides.

No one's used it in a reaaally long time.

Sunggyu sat me down on one swing and he sat in the other.

I knew what this meant; he was letting me cry it out, and I did.

I did so for about, an hour until I was finished.

He stood me up and we walked home without taking the bus.

"You know it's kind of gross that you didn't bring me straight home so I can get cleaned." I said.

He laughed out loud and punched my arm.

He still hasn't asked me who did this to me, and strangely, I don't want him to know.