Our Life

It's A Little Bit Funny

My name is Yoon MinA and I'm a second year high schooler at J-Art School. I joined this school in hopes of becoming a singer along wiith my best friend Sunggyu. We've been best friends since we were 5. I still remember the day I moved in, it was summer and I moved from Busan to Seoul. Sunggyu's parents came over to our house the very first day we moved in. We had dinner and they introduced me to Sunggyu. I introduced myself to Sunggyu and the first thing he said was "Mom, why is she so tiny?" I responded to his comment by punching him in the face and knocking him down. Since that day we've been conjoined at the hip.

Since we were so close, naturally, we did everything together. Our parents even say we even took baths together when we were little. Even in school, we always managed to get into the same class. My name was always the last on the name sheet so I always sat in the last seat but since Sunggyu is so tall they make him sit next to me so he doesn't block the other students way. I thought nothing was going to get in our way, until high school happened.

-flashback to first day of high school jjan-

It was the opening day ceremony and Sunggyu and I walked over to the school together. There was so much people I thought I was being suffocated. I clung tightly to Sunggyu's shirt and let him lead the way. I kept hearing people saying "They're so cute! Are they brother and sister? They're totally siblings it's so cute!" *Just because he's taller than me does not make him my brother* I thought angrily. After all I'm a month and 7 days older than him! After fighting the massive wave of people Sunggyu and I found our seats. Suprisingly, we were in the middle of the sea of seats and not the back like how I expected.

When all the students finally assembled the ceremony began. The ceremony was long and boring but I kept feeling a peircing stare on my back. I just diregarded it because I thought it was fatigue. However, I looked back and this really pretty girl was staring at me. I made eye contact with her and she looked away hastily. At that instant, I knew something was going to happen.