Chapter 1 ~ Somin ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: Annyeong!!! ^^ I'm back with Chapter 1!! Thank you for the positive response so far! 6 subscribers woots!! (raise hands in the air) Shoutout to HopesAiren for the first encouraging comment and to Lurver for upvoting my story!! Hope this chapter is long enough to make up for the wait? :P Haha, here goes!

 

---

Matt oppa! How have you been? It's been a long time since we last talked! Shall we catch up?|

Nope, too cheesy.

Matt oppa! How have you been? It's been a long time since we last ta|

Matt oppa! How have yo|

|

Oppa, how's everything? Could we possibly meet up to talk?|

Ugh no, this doesn't sound right either.

Hey oppa, how's everyt|

|

Matt oppa, let's meet up. We need to talk.|

(Send)

(Share Google Map Location)

Somin put down her phone and sighed. Will he agree? To be frank, she was not sure how she should react or bring up the subject when she saw him. He would probably be mad right? Well, he should be. Who wouldn't be if he got dumped and got cut off all ties? Perhaps I should apologise to him, if that could help to make things right between us, Somin thought.

Ding!

Somin picked up her phone quickly and saw BM's text reply:

Sure.

She heaved a sigh of relief and pulled on a black sweater over her distressed denim shorts. She then put on some light make up and tied her hair into a ponytail before tucking it neatly under her black cap. Looks good, she smiled as she checked her reflection in the mirror one more time before grabbing her pink Kate Spade crossbody. It will be fine, maybe it will be just like the old times, she thought as she put on her black Nike Sneakers and closed the door behind her.

-o-

The streets were filled with the evening crowd - people who have just ended work and people who were out for dinner dates. It was post summer almost approaching autumn so the evening weather was a bit chilly. Somin was glad she had decided to wear a sweater. Yet, she was getting jitters as she approached their meet-up point and she tried to convince herself that it must due to the chilly wind. She had chosen a secluded spot near Han Gang River where it would be quiet enough to talk and no one would be watching them. There were only a few couples sitting on the elevated platforms enjoying their little rendezvous and Somin was sure more couples would fill up the area later but all would be too busy being lovey-dovey to give them any attention. Workout enthusiasts such as joggers and cyclists often frequent that area as well. Time for me to shape up a bit too, Somin pinched her waist as she thought about the upcoming photo shoots and MV making that were lined up for them in the schedule given to them the day before.

She spotted a familiar figure by the river. With a towering height of 1.86m, it would be impossible not to spot BM from anywhere. He was wearing a simple white tee under a navy blue bomber jacket paired with black denim jeans and had his hands casually laid on the railings while looking out at the river. Despite dressing so casually, Somin was sure that if any girls had happened to see him at that moment, they would probably approach him for his number and fawn over him. He had a laidback expression on his face and Somin decided to take this as a good sign. She took in a deep breath and walked towards him.

"Matt oppa!" Somin tapped on BM's arm gently and smiled sweetly at him.

There was a slight pause before BM turned around to face Somin. He studied her briefly but did not say anything.

"Have you been waiting for long? I'm not late, am I?" Somin continued when she realised that BM was not going to say a thing. She knew she was not late though. But if being polite meant she could get back on his good side, then that was what she was going to do.

"No, I just got here," was BM's curt reply. The laidback expression he had previously was now replaced with expressionless eyes and a tightened jaw.

Uh-oh, Somin felt her breath get caught in her chest as she stared back into BM's eyes. She had never seen him looking like that before. Or rather, he would never have looked at her like that in the past. Somin realised a little too late that she had just been staring back at him and had held the silence for too long. I should say something to break the ice, she bit her lip and tried to snap out of the blank state her mind was in.

"So, how have you been?" Somin asked brightly, hoping to lighten up the situation.

BM, however, just continued to stare back at her coldly.

"Does it matter? To someone who has been ignoring me for the past one year?" BM replied.

His tone was so cold and cutting that Somin almost wanted to take a step backwards. And was that hurt she saw in his eyes? She wanted to say something - to apologise, to explain herself, anything at all, but no words came out. Her lips just froze in place and suddenly felt too dry. Unable to hold his cold glare any longer, Somin looked down at her hands which were cold and clammy.

"Erm, I…" she replied feebly, still unsure what she should say. She suddenly felt that it was too naive of her to think that she could make things right again.

"Ha…"

Somin looked up in shock upon hearing the sound. What was that?

"Hahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahaha!"

Somin was stunned to see BM laughing. Has he lost his mind? His eyes were crinkling at the corners and he laughed so hard that he seemed to have difficulty catching his breath. Somin looked around in embarrassment wondering if his laughter was attracting any attention. Thankfully, everyone else seemed to be minding their own business. Now what? Somin looked at BM in confusion, and was wondering how to react when suddenly BM did a dab and pointed at her.

"Gotcha! You thought that was for real, right?" He brushed his hand through his brown hair and laughed. "Wow, maybe I should get the agency to sign me up for some acting classes and some rookie drama roles. I could be a Daesang winner in future……" BM rubbed his chin as if seriously considering the idea.

"Ahhhhhh! Oppa!!!" Somin frowned and smacked BM hard on his arm. She finally realised that it was all an act by BM earlier. And as much as she was irked by the fact that she had been tricked, Somin could not help but smile when she saw the all-too-familiar smirk on BM's face. Now this is the Matt Oppa that I used to know, she thought to herself.

"Well, I did deserve to have my fair share of fun," BM smiled and looked at Somin meaningfully, and for a moment, Somin felt guilty again.

"Matt oppa, I'm really so-"

"Ah! Please don't, you're just gonna make me feel pathetic." With that, BM flicked Somin lightly on her forehead. "Anyway, it's not like I'm still mad or heartbroken or whatsoever. I'm over what happened between us. It's all in the past," BM shrugged.

"Really? So we're cool now?" Somin asked cautiously while trying to read BM's face. His laidback expression was now back and while Somin was relieved to hear what BM had just said, she wondered if he was telling the truth.

"Yeah, totally!" BM nodded and raised a fist. Somin returned the gesture with a fist bump and moved in to give him a hug.

"Thanks, oppa. I'm really, really glad that we can stay as friends." She meant what she said. No matter what had happened between them, it was undeniable that BM is a great guy and a true friend that anyone would be proud to have. If BM had not been so persistent about wanting her back in the past, Somin would not have to go to the extent of having to avoid him and ignore him. Losing him as a friend had not felt good to her at all. She was slightly taken aback by her own impulse to hug him but that just meant how much she appreciated having their friendship back. She let go of him and grinned at him.

BM smiled back at her, "Me too."

Somin looked down for a moment before looking back up at him. "Erm, I was thinking since what we had was already the past, perhaps we could just keep it a secret from the other members?" She asked in a casual tone. She hoped that she had not spoilt the atmosphere between them but this was the main reason why she needed to talk to him so she had no choice but to bring it up.

"Sure, but…… J Seph already knew about us though. We've been bros since way back then so….. anyway, he's not the kind of person to be mindful of such stuff so there's nothing you need to worry about. As for Jiwoo, I promise not to tell her anything." BM assured Somin.

In her mind, Somin was worried about J Seph's impression of her but she tried not to let the worry show on her face and instead smiled brightly at BM, "Thanks!" Time will tell, she thought and could only hoped that J Seph was as open as what BM had made him out to be.

BM looked at his watch and said, "Is there anything else? I'm meeting some friends at a bar later so I probably gotta go soon."

"Oh sure, go ahead. I'll just be here for a while longer." Somin said. She wanted to enjoy the evening scenery a bit more as she had not gotten some alone time for a long while.

"Okay, I'll go first then. See you this weekend. You'll be moving in right?" BM asked. Somin and Jiwoo will be moving into their dormitory this weekend. BM and J Seph had already moved in one month ago. While there might be some inconveniences, the agency had thought it would be for the best since they ought to  get to know one another better.

"Yep. See you!" Somin replied and waved as BM walked away. "The journey starts this weekend huh," she whispered and turned around to face the river.

---

Hana's note: So what do you think? Has BM really gotten over it? Hope you have enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to comment and subscribe (I sound like some YouTuber lol) and look forward to the next chapter! (I'll try my best to upload sooner, promise! >.<)

PS:  In real life, BM and J Seph stay in the dorm together and Somin and Jiwoo live in their own homes separately. Sorry I had to deviate from reality a bit but seriously dorm life would be fun to write and will provide more ideas. Oops I'm rambling.

PS PS: Based on how I'm writing I think the plot might be slightly slow progressing (you know the slice of life kind?) Not sure how you guys feel but I'll try to speed things up a bit. ^^