Pilot Chapter ~ Somin ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: Hihi!! This is my first fanfiction for Kpop and not for anime plus I haven't written anything in a long time so I'm not sure how this would turn out. But I really love KARD and if I have to pick a bias out it would be Jiwoo though I love all members pretty equally. Anyway wanted to post this on Archive of our own but whut apparently there's a waitlist there and I need to wait for like 2 weeks to get an acc? Boohoo so wattpad shall do. Pilot Chapter first so let me know what you guys think yeah? So here goes!

Disclaimer (cos Disclaimers are always important right?): Only the storyline belongs to me and not here to start any fanwars and I ship them all and they are awesome and I'm blabbering. Oh they might be OOC YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

---

Somin flipped through the papers nonchalantly and frowned. Same old rules, same old clauses. It was the third time she had had to sit in such meetings to sign debut contracts and she really hoped it was her last one.

She looked up at the three other members who seemed to be checking the papers one last time before signing. They were told to bring the papers back the day before to read through before the signing today. Somin would have signed hers without reading had their CEO not told them to do the signing together today. She pouted, hoping the others would speed up so that she could get this over and done with. If she's lucky enough maybe she would still have some time to go do some shopping after the meeting.

She scrutinised the other members discreetly while pretending to read her papers. Next to her was Jiwoo, who was studying the papers intently. She was the youngest among the four of them (though only a few months younger than her), and the only one she had not spoken to before. Yet, her name was already well heard of because everyone in DSP had been talking about her. She was once a trainee in FNC Entertainment which was quite a well known agency for their artistes FT Island and CN Blue. And while some trainees had to wait forever before they got to debut, she only spent two months training with DSP and was then offered the opportunity. What luck! Somin could only hope that whatever little training Jiwoo had had would suffice and not bring the group down. Secretly, she wondered if she was chosen to debut just because she looked pretty.

She looked across and saw J Seph, who was looking pretty chill but serious nonetheless. They had a few exchanges before in the agency and during gatherings but that was about it. Somin did not know much about J Seph, except he seemed pretty easygoing. The only thing she knew was that he got along quite well with the KARA sunbaes, in particular, Youngji, whom she sort of became friends with during KARA Project. Perhaps there is something more between them? Oh yeah, which reminds me, J Seph oppa and him were best buds right? Somin recalled as her eyes shifted to the last member who was sitting next to J Seph.

Matt.

She had not spoken to him since that day. I wonder what he thought of that particular clause, Somin thought. One of the clauses in the contract had been particularly highlighted - 'Strictly no dating, especially with the other members.' Their agency had no objection with trainees dating, as long as nothing got leaked out. However, debuting meant the spotlight was now on them. What with the netizens being so nosy these days, it would be almost impossible to hide things from them. Still, she knew a few sunbaes who had broken the rule. She herself too had not given a care to the rule, when she was in Puretty and April. She strongly felt that dating should be anyone's freedom and as long as she was careful, the rule would mean nothing. But since they were going to be a co-ed group, it was no wonder their CEO had to highlight that particular clause. After all, they would probably be together for 24 hours, 7 days a week from now on - eating, practising, working, sleeping. It would be soooo hard not to fall in love, Somin rolled her eyes.

Well, the clause is not a bad thing, maybe that would made him give up, Somin thought. BM and Somin had secretly been seeing each other since from the time she was in Puretty. They had met at a club gathering which included some trainees and dancers and had hit off right away. When Puretty was about to be disbanded, Somin was really stressed out as things were not looking good and so when BM asked her out, she immediately agreed as he made her feel at ease and distracted from her issues. She was also greatly encouraged by him during the KARA Project days.

However, when she debuted with April, dating became too much of a distraction and BM was asking more from her, like more alone time with her and more attention from her. Eventually, Somin decided to break up with him. She was surprised herself at how career-driven she had become and how badly she wanted to become famous. Ironically, it was also this reason that she decided to leave April because the group's image did not suit her well. She wanted, no, desired a bigger breakthrough and she hoped that KARD would be it. Anyway, BM was obviously upset and did not want to agree to it. But Somin remained firm and harshly avoided him, his calls and texts till the end. Even when BM texted her to ask about her exit from April, she had not paid him any attention. But Somin knew then that BM still cared about her and she wished he could just give up. He was a great guy but love was not her focus at the moment. Career was.

KARD's the last chance for me, but if we're gonna debut together, we would need to start getting along with each other, Somin thought. Somin had not expected to be debuted into a co-ed group and moreover, with BM in it. She had thought of rejecting the offer, considering how awkward she and BM had become but she could not deny how irresistible the offer was because the co-ed concept would be a refreshing one in the current kpop market. It could be the next big thing. And so she accepted the offer.

Guess I'll have to talk things out with him, Somin sighed and proceeded to sign the contract.

---

Hana's note: So how was it? Let me know what you guys think! Sorry this chapter doesn't have much juicy exchanges cos it's more of an intro but next up would be Somin and BM's confrontation! How would she attempt to resolve things between them?