Chapter 5 ~ Somin ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: Annyeong!! I updated faster this time right? Kekekeke! Let me give myself a pat on my shoulder ahem. #feelingproud Okay I'm done with the self-praising. Now on with the chapter!! Here goes!

PS: Shoutout to SoupForNicole and XXXKoreanGamer for the constant comments! So happy whenever I see familiar names popping up and your comments really motivate me to update faster. <3
 

---
 

It was three days after the army stew dinner and on this day, they were at the studio recording their project single. They had heard the demo track a few days before and the whole group was pumped with excitement, since they all had an inkling that this was going to be a hit if they execute it well, and that it would not just be a 'project single' anymore.

But the past three days had... well, if not for some awkwardly embarrassing moments here and there, they actually flew by smoothly in a breeze. Somin winced as she recalled those awkward moments that had happened the past few days...

She had caught BM half- quite a few times, not that she had not seen him without clothes before but she had been feeling quite embarrassed and surprised by the fact that she had actually noticed how BM's body had become more toned than what she had remembered it to be.

"Morning," BM had greeted her casually in his half-ness while stretching his arms lazily.

"Morning! Do you want some coffee too?" BM had offered another morning, half- and holding a pot of coffee in his hands, looking like some hot barista on a cafe concept commercial.

"Hey, has anyone seen my aviators?" BM had asked on another occasion, scratching his head as he walked around the living room with his trackpants hanging dangerously low on his hips.

And it did not seem like the situation was going to change anytime soon. BM did not seem the least bothered by the fact that his half-ness was potentially bothering the girls. Okay, so maybe bothering was not the right word. Humans are after all, visual creatures so how bothersome could a hot body be? Somin knew that in Jiwoo's case, she would turn her face away whenever she spotted BM half-. As for herself… BM with his muscular biceps and toned abs… Somin shook her head vigorously, trying to shake out of the dreamy state (and maybe lustful even) that she was in.

Oh gosh, have I been staring? She let out a gasp. Had he noticed that I was staring?! Somin bit her lips. Okay note to self, stoooooop staring. You don't want to give him the wrong signals, Jeon Somin. She mentally kicked herself in the head. Well, not that it matters, since oppa does look like he is over me already. Somin smiled to herself, feeling relieved that things with BM was not as awkward as she had worried it would be, half-ness aside.

She had also spotted J Seph once with only a towel wrapping his lower part of the body. Apparently it had slipped J Seph's mind that morning that he no longer had a private bathroom to use and hence no longer had the privilege to walk around in his bedroom in his full glorious ness. He was just so used to not bringing any clothes with him into the shower room.

It had been really awkward that day. Somin had just came out from the kitchen with a cup of non-fat yogurt and was walking back to her room with a spoon of yogurt in when she caught sight of J Seph coming out from the bathroom.

She had gasped and was so shocked that she almost dropped her spoon as she quickly turned around while J Seph screamed out an 'Ah' before rushing back into his room. Somin knew then it was safe to turn around because she heard the door close behind J Seph and heard some murmuring voices from inside the room, probably BM trying to figure out what the scream was about. J Seph finally came out later, properly dressed, with an apology, he had this worn out look on his face, which could be due to his embarrassment or his exchange with BM. Anyway, Somin told him it was okay. It was not as if she had seen him fully and thankfully, she had not, otherwise, she would have no idea how to face him.

Somin pressed on the button on the water dispenser to refill her bottle. She had just finished recording her parts and needed to let her vocal cords rest a bit before fine-tuning the portions. It was BM's turn inside and as much as she wanted to stay on to hear his parts, she did not want to come across as overly supportive. Just to play it safe, she was still cautiously keeping a distance between BM and herself. Anyway, the rest of the members are nowhere to be seen. I might as well take a short break before going back in. Maybe I'll be able to catch a bit of Matt oppa's parts before he is done. Somin thought as she began walking to the washroom.

"You're still the same as ever, oppa!"

Somin stopped in her tracks and listened to the familiar voice and giggles coming from the corridor around the corner. The voice sounded familiar and she wondered if she should risk a peep from where she was standing at. She tried to bring her ears nearer to the edge of the wall to listen better.

"Remember that small eatery that we used to go? It's going to close down in two months' time."

Somin was able to make out that voice. Hmm, who is Taehyung oppa talking to?

"Jinjjia*? Wae*?! Such a shame! Their food is the best! And hasn't their business been good all along?"

Isn't that Young-ji unnie? Somin wondered although the answer was clear to her. Young-ji was probably here at the studio to record her parts also. Their CEO had told them during the demo track hearing that Young-ji's vocals will be featured in their debut track to create a bigger hype. What she did not know was that she was here on the same day as them to record her parts. She had not heard from Young-ji that she was coming and had assumed that Young-ji had been busy with her solo activities.

After KARA had disbanded, Somin had felt a slight sense of pity towards Young-ji, knowing that she had worked so hard to get into KARA and being in KARA, only to see the group disbanding in less than two years. However, that also gave Young-ji the chance to pursue a solo career, something that Somin would have jumped at the chance for. So any sense of pity towards Young-ji was immediately replaced by a pang of jealousy - the same jealousy that had struck Somin hard when Young-ji was announced as the winner of KARA Project. Why her and not me? That was the first thing that ran through Somin's mind when she heard the announcement and it was also the only thought that popped up in her head when she heard about Young-ji going solo.

In her mind, Young-ji would always be that chosen one instead of her and for this same reason, she was the ideal rival and the reason why Somin was working so hard to carve a successful career path for herself. She hated how they had to ride on Young-ji's popularity for their first title track but if that could lead to a good start, then she would swallow her pride and go with it. Just for now.

"Yeah, let's go back again before it closes down. We ought to be more discreet and careful this time though," Young-ji laughed, seemingly referring to an inside joke.

"Ugh! Don't remind me please," J Seph groaned but he was laughing too.

Informal tone... Seems like they often meet up too. Are they perhaps… dating? Somin's eyes widened, her mind processing the conversation that she had just heard.

"I should go and greet the producer now. He's probably waiting. Set the date soon for our supper date please!" Young-ji said.

"Sure, if you can make it, that is," J Seph said.

"Hey, blame the agency for my schedule. It's not my fault that-"

"I know. I'm just joking. It's good that you've been busy," J Seph chuckled kindly.

"Take good care of my dear dongsaeng for me ya?" Young-ji said and began walking away.

Uh oh, she's coming this way. Somin retreated back to the water dispenser quickly and pretended to be refilling her bottle.

"Oh! Somin ah!"

Somin took in a small breath before turning around. "Oh? Young-ji unnie, what are you doing here?" Somin said in mocked surprise as she returned Young-ji's hug.

"To record my parts for Oh Nana of course! You already heard about it from CEO right?" Young-ji let go of the embrace and smiled at her.

"Oh yes. You didn't say anything about coming today though," Somin said. Good, I think she didn't notice that I was eavesdropping earlier.

"Heehee because I wanted it to be a surprise! Anyway, I'm soooo excited for you!" Young-ji grinned and squeezed Somin's hands.

"Yeah, I'm excited too! How's it going with your solo activities so far?" Somin asked.

"My schedule has become quite packed these days thanks to the variety shows that the agency has signed me up for. To be frank, it's been nerve-wrecking. But even though I'm not sure if solo career is going to work out for me, I just want to try my best cos being a solo artiste is really a dream come true," Young-ji smiled.

"I know. I'm happy for you." Somin said sweetly. When will I get my turn to attend programmes alone? Somin wondered somewhat bitterly.

"Gomawo. I really hope KARD works out for you too." Young-ji smiled as she gave Somin's hands another squeeze.

"Gomowoyo. I hope so too." Somin replied with a smile.

"I have to go in now. Let's catch up again soon kay?" Young-ji said. Somin nodded and watched as Young-ji let go of her hands to enter the recording studio.

KARD has to work out for me… No. I will make sure it works out. Somin thought determinedly, her jaws tightening.
 

---

Korean definitions:
Jinjja? - Really?
Wae? - Why?

---

 

Hana's note: Yay Young-ji has appeared! Just what is her relationship with J Seph?? Here's wondering if I should make her appearance a cameo or make her a fixed cast. Hmm… let me know what you guys think kekeke! ^^