Chapter 3 ~ Jiwoo ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: First of all, I'm soooooo sorry I had MIA for so long! Been really busy at work plus I was experiencing a bit of mental block. Don't worry rest assure I'll finish this story no matter what. But yes I'll go bang my head now for not updating for so long. Cos I know how the wait feels! To make it up to you guys, here's finally introducing JIWOO into the story yayyyyyy!! *throw your hands up to the sky* ;) Oh and shoutout to the new subscribers who have subscribed!! Thank you for subscribing!! Now here goes!

 

---

 

Jiwoo was panting when she finished climbing the last flight of stairs. Thankfully the unit was on the seventh floor. Had the unit been any higher up, she might have fainted halfway through. She leant against her luggage for support and took a deep breath before pulling her luggage nearer to the doorbell.

Ding Dong!

It was moving-in day. And Jiwoo felt her heart palpitating in her chest as she waited for someone to open the door for her. She realised a little too late that she should have called first before coming up to see if the guys were at the dorm, although BM and J Seph did say they would be in the whole day just in case the girls needed help with settling in.

"Jiwoo ah, annyeong*! Welc- Woah, why do you look so worn out?" It was J Seph who had opened the door. He reached out for Jiwoo's luggage and brought it into the house.

"Annyeong haseyo*," Jiwoo gave a bow, still trying to catch her breath. "Oh, the lift broke down so I had to use the stairs," She took off her sneakers and wanted to put them on the shoe rack but realised that there was no more space on it. The floor next to the shoe rack was lined with shoes and sneakers of all sorts. Jiwoo wondered whose shoes were those and put hers neatly next to the long line of shoes. This place needs some tidying, she thought.

"You should have given me a call. I would have gone downstairs to help you. I'll move your luggage into your room. You should take a rest," J Seph gestured to the small black couch in the living room and proceeded to bring the luggage into her room.

"Gomawoyo*," Jiwoo said. She looked around the house with anticipation. There were no other sounds apart from J Seph's movements. He's not at home huh, Jiwoo sighed.

She eased down into the sofa and surveyed the living room. The living room was rather simple, decorated by just a sofa, a television and a treadmill filling up the space. There were 2 clothes racks at the balcony on her left with J Seph and BM's clothes hanging on them. To her right was a small kitchen with a bartop counter that separates the kitchen and the living room. The house seems pretty neat, Jiwoo thought. She could not help feeling surprised after seeing the line of shoes. She had also assumed that with two guys living in the house first, the house would have become messier.

"We tidied the house a bit since you girls are moving in," J Seph admitted. He gave a glass of water and sat down beside her. For a moment, Jiwoo wondered if he was able to read her thoughts.

"Gomawoyo… Taehyung oppa." She had not gotten used to calling J Seph so informally although that was what J Seph had insisted during their meeting to sign the contracts. Jiwoo drank the water, happy to be able to quench her thirst. "So…… where's Matt oppa?" She asked and she set the glass down on the floor since there was no coffee table in front of her.

"Oh, he went out to the neighbourhood supermarket a while ago to buy a few things. We figured you girls would prefer having more food stocked up in the house as opposed to eating out or ordering takeaways." J Seph replied as he took Jiwoo's glass to the kitchen.

Oops, I should have done that instead, thought Jiwoo as she bit her lips. "Erm, I can wash that myself," Jiwoo said quickly as she rushed after him into the kitchen.

"Nah, it's no biggie. And you really ought to drop that formal tone," J Seph chided in a joking tone as he washed and put the glass away. "Do you want to see your room?" He asked as he wiped his hands on his jeans.

"Why not let's go down to look for Matt oppa instead? He could probably use some help with  carrying the stuff. And I need to get a few daily necessities anyway," Jiwoo said, hoping her suggestion sounded light and casual.

"You sure? Don't you want to rest or do some unpacking? I could help you get the stuff instea- Err, wait, as long as they are not girls' necessities." He suddenly looked uneasy.

"Haha, nah I'm good. Let me just grab my purse from my bag," she said and as she walked back to the sofa to get her purse, she heard some thumping sounds from outside the door. Then she heard  beeping sounds coming from the doorpad.

"Thank you so much, oppa! I wouldn't have been able to manage the luggages without you," It was Somin.  She was holding the door open for BM as BM moved her luggage into the house.

"Nahh, don't mention. But yeah, if I weren't around, I wonder how you would be able to come up on your own." He said as he moved her other luggage. Somin closed the door behind them and carried the groceries that she had set down on the floor when opening the door. BM walked over to get the groceries from her and set them on the bartop counter.

They look close already, Jiwoo thought, feeling a slight pang of jealousy inside as she stood up straight, getting ready to greet the both of them.

"Oh Jiwoo ah, you're here," said BM, who seemed to stop short when he saw Jiwoo. Was it my imagination or do the both of them seem taken aback to see me? Jiwoo thought.

"Annyeong haseyo." Jiwoo bowed as the both of them walked into the living room.

"Somin ah, welcome! I thought you said in our chat group that you would come at night instead," J Seph asked as BM proceeded to bring her luggages to her room.

"Oh, I managed to finish my errands early and thought I should come earlier so that we can all have dinner together," Somin replied in an informal tone, although she seemed to be hesitant on whether to use formal tone or not. That's weird, she was speaking in informal tone so comfortably with Matt oppa just now, Jiwoo pondered over what she had just witnessed.

"How come… the two of you came up together?" Jiwoo asked, that was the first question on her mind since the two of them walked in.

"Ahh… I…"

"I was coming out of the supermarket when I saw her struggling with her luggages looking like some lost cat. Apparently the driver had dropped her at the wrong place. Thank goodness I bumped into her or she probably would not have survived climbing the staircase with those loads," Somin was about to rebut when BM continued, "And speaking of which, Somin ah, you should have packed lighter. Jiwoo only had one luggage and the size of it was smaller than either of your luggages," BM teased.

"Well, I couldn't decide what to bring and it's always better to pack more, just in case," Somin said as a matter-of-factly and put her hands on her hips.

So it was a coincidence huh, Jiwoo smiled, feeling relaxed upon hearing BM's words.

J Seph walked to the grocery bags and examined their contents, "Woah... that's a lot you bought."

"I was thinking we should have Army Stew for tonight! It seemed like the family sort of dinner to have. And it's easy to prepare…… right?" BM said, suddenly feeling unsure if he had made the right choice.

"Do we even have the equipment for Army Stew? And how do we go about preparing it?" J Seph asked and started opening the kitchen cabinets one by one.

"Well… we have the girls here now! So there's nothing to worry about! Right, girls?" BM said, his eyes sparkling with excitement and anticipation as he looked at the girls.

Jiwoo pursed her lips and turned her head to look at Somin. When she saw the awkward smile plastered on her face, she knew they were in trouble.

 

---

 

Hana's note: So… does everyone have a better idea now what's going on with Jiwoo? Hehe! Comment and let me know what you think!

Oh, and I had to insert a few Korean words to make the context of the exchange better so below's some explanation for those who are unclear. Let me know if I've made a mistake though!

*Annyeong haseyo - hello (polite informal)
*Annyeong - hello (informal)
*Gomawoyo - thank you (polite informal)

Phrases ending with -yo is considered as polite informal tone rather than formal which usually ends with hamnida/seumnida. But if everyone is okay with it, regardless of ages, the -yo can be dropped so long as those who are older don't mind (because they see one another as friends rather than as a younger person).

So there there!! Next chapter will follow real soon I promise! ^^