Chapter 2 ~ BM ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: Annyeong! Am back with another chapter and this time I'm glad to be writing it from a different POV!! It's hard to think from a guy's perspective though boohoo.. Also, shoutout to new subscribers and thank you for your sweet comments!! <3 Okay, here goes!

 

---

 

BM shoved his hands into his jeans pockets and realised too late that he was walking against the crowd direction. He had been too deep in thought recalling his earlier conversation with Somin. It was not until when someone bumped into him that he realised he was stuck in a 'human jam'.

"I'm over what happened between us. It's all in the past."

That was his cool response. But the truth was…… actually he was not sure himself what the truth was. Have I really gotten over her? He sighed.

At the start, he could not accept the break up. He would text her and call her every day, with messages and voicemails that said he missed her and needed her back, and that he was willing to give her time and wait for her. He thought that it was just an impulsive act on her part and that she could not have been over him so quickly, that if he waited for a while more, she would change her mind and come back running into his arms. But alas, there was not a single reply from her and he even got blocked from her contacts. She acted like she did not know him when they passed by each other in the hallways at the agency. And when she finally could not stand his pestering, she told a mutual friend to collect her stuff from him and to pass on the message asking him to stay away for good. And that was when it finally hit him - that she was no longer his and that she was over him for good.

BM stopped and walked into the bar on his right. It had great hipster vibes with old records and portraits of sorts hanging on the red brick wall. There was also a blue LED quote on the wall that said, "BRING ON THE NIGHT". The bar was just partially packed and BM appreciated the slight peace as he walked further in.

BM found J Seph at their usual seats by the bar counter. He slapped J Seph lightly on his back to make his presence known and settled down onto the seat next to him. 

"One Gin Martini please," he said to the female bartender who was already awaiting his instruction. He had not seen the bartender before.

"Coming right up," said the female bartender, giving him an alluring smile.

"Sup!" J Seph greeted BM and gave BM a fist bump. He took a sip of his Martini Straight Up and asked, "so, how did it go?"

BM was not sure how to start explaining. Thankfully, the bartender was back with his order. She placed his drink before him and gave him a wink before walking away to serve another customer. BM took a sip and fiddled with his glass, "It went well, I guess, since we are on speaking terms now. There wasn't any awkwardness when we parted ways just now."

"See! Told you my plan would work!" J Seph cheered and slapped BM on the back. BM had consulted J Seph before meeting up with Somin. BM had guessed that Somin was probably worried abt their future working relationship and hence wanted to talk. Knowing how sharp Somin could be at times, she would not be so easily convinced just by BM telling her plainly that he was over her. Hence, J Seph had suggested the acting as he thought that would do the trick in helping to break the ice. BM was hesitant at first but J Seph kept pushing for it and so he went through with the plan in the end.

"Yeah, I made the right choice listening to you. Just like how I made the right choice for us to hang out here tonight," BM said and took a gulp from his glass.

"Huh?" J Seph asked with a puzzled expression on his face. BM eyed J Seph and tilted his head to the left. J Seph looked past BM's shoulders and saw a band playing on the mini stage on their left.

"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know"

J Seph sighed. BM ignored J Seph's frown and gulped down the rest of his drink. He gestured to the same bartender for another one. The bartender came back with his order quickly but did not pass him his drink. Instead, she bent forward a little more than necessary such that BM was able to see more of her cleavage that was showing from beneath her white tank top. BM looked up and saw that she was wearing the same alluring smile like she had earlier on her pretty face. BM smiled politely back at her. Feeling satisfied with the attention, she released the drink to him and walked away.

"Well, at least now she's not somebody that you used to know. And you're no longer the same as the BM that I used to know. The BM I know now has learnt to let things go and has become way stronger," J Seph said and took a gulp from his drink.

BM understood what J Seph was trying to tell him. And it was true. During that period when he had finally accepted that he was dumped, all BM did was to drink his nights away. He became very complacent towards his trainee practices as well. He was almost kicked out of the agency a few times too because he was often absent and was doing terribly for his monthly reviews. Thankfully, it was J Seph who helped by speaking to the management on his behalf and never gave up in trying to talk BM out of his misery. With the strength and support from his friend, BM had finally woken up and was able to pick himself up. He apologised to the management and started to train doubly hard to return his friend's favour. Had it not been for J Seph, he would not be at where he was right now, and BM will forever remain grateful towards their friendship.

"Yeah, thanks bro. Don't worry, I won't go back to those days again no matter what happens. I'm just happy to have her back as a friend now," BM assured his friend. Just like how you were happy to have her in your arms just now, a small voice in BM's head said.

"Yep, so here's to us and a successful debut woohoo!" J Seph cheered as he raised his glass.

"Cheers," said BM and took a sip from his glass.

"And if all else fails, you can always give her a call," J Seph smirked.

BM looked at J Seph with raised eyebrows and noticed that J Seph was staring at his coaster. BM saw that at the bottom of his coaster that had held his drink, was a piece of paper. BM pulled out the piece of paper and unsurprisingly, there was a contact number written on it.

He turned to look at the bartender. She was now lounging against the edge of the counter at the further end, looking at him with a knowing smile. She then put her hands into her the pockets of her military jacket and walked out of the bar counter to a table of male customers who were calling for her. BM's eyes followed her and as she walked to the table, BM noticed appreciatively that she had a nice pair of long and fair legs.

"Go out on a few more dates and you'll be fine. She's hot by the way, you should give her a call." J Seph was studying the bartender appreciatively too.

BM did go out on a few dates with other girls after the breakup and even slept with a few of them, not because he was interested in them but rather, he had hoped that it would help him get over her. Unfortunately, on those nights, he would pretend that it was Somin, and not the girl-whose-name-he-had-no-idea, who was in his bed. Eventually the emotionless dates and one night stands got the worse of him and he decided to stop it entirely. He had not seen anyone for the past few months.

"Nah, with the debut coming up, I've no time for distractions," said BM but he slipped the piece of paper into his pocket anyway.

 

---

 

Hana's note: Hehehe how was it? Any BM's stan out here? Feel free to drop any comments or questions for me below yeah? Manhi saranghaeyo! ^^

PS: And of course, I don't owe Gotye's 'Somebody that I used to know'. That song's a genius and a real jam btw!