Chapter 4 ~ J Seph ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: I'm backkkk!! I've been burying my head into the books I borrowed from my library and I can't seem to get my head out of them so hence I couldn't spend more time on writing. Erm.. *sensing death glares* Okay here goes!

 

--- 

 

"Cheers!"

In the end, they managed to find a big shallow pot in the kitchen to house all their ingredients. As for the portable electrical stove, they managed to borrow it from their neighbour next door.

As for the preparing, with the help of everyone's best friend, Google (and Naver), they managed to get the cooking started. The recipe turned out to be as easy as what BM had hoped. They mainly had to do cutting of the ingredients and just throw everything into the pot. Everyone was impressed by how neat J Seph's cutting was. Even J Seph himself was impressed.

"Mmm yum! I think we have what it takes to do cooking more often," BM said as he slurped the noodles.

"Wait, aren't we supposed to add cheese to army stew?" Somin asked as she looked around the table for the said ingredient.

J Seph frowned. He was not a fan of cheese. But if Somin wanted it, it probably would not be nice for him to reveal his feelings of detest for cheese out loud.

"J Seph hates cheese though," BM said as he looked at J Seph. J Seph felt grateful towards his buddy for remembering but suddenly felt embarrassed about the situation. After all, it was just cheese.

"Oh," Somin's hand froze just as she was about to reach the cheese.

"It's okay, you can just add it on one side of the stew," J Seph said.

"No it's okay, oppa. Cheese is kinda fattening anyway," Somin said sweetly as she retreated her hand.

Hmm, is she trying to be considerate to me here? J Seph thought. If he had to be honest, he did not have a good impression of Somin. Of course, a major part of what he knew about Somin came from BM's drunk moments so it probably was not fair to judge her like that but to leave a guy that broken, Somin was definitely not as sweet as she made herself out to be. In fact, J Seph was dying to ask BM about him helping her with the luggage earlier. What the hell was that all about? Did he have to agree to go all the way to her house to help her just because she called? No wonder his dear friend never got over her. She had such strong hold on him.

"Somin ah, the raddish kimchi your mum made is good!" Jiwoo said.

"Really? I wanna try it!" BM said excitedly.

"Wait! My mum added cucumbers in it!" Somin interrupted and that seemed to make BM stop in his tracks just as he plunged his chopsticks into the dish.

"Huh? What's wrong?" Jiwoo asked, her eyebrows raised. "Weren't you gonna try it, Matt oppa?"

"Erm yeah, of course." BM said and stole a quick glance at Somin before turning his attention to the plate. Somin, who seemed to realised she had just given away something, bit her lips and looked down at her own bowl. BM examined the contents of the kimchi plate more carefully this time before finally picking up a piece and put it into his mouth.

"Yeah, it's good!" BM said a little too enthusiastically, and barely chewed before gulping down some water from his glass.

"Hmm." Jiwoo commented softly, almost to herself. J Seph watched as she continued eating while glancing back and forth between Somin and BM.

If the two of them are trying to hide their past relationship from Jiwoo, they are not doing a very good job of it, J Seph thought. It's getting awkward here.

"So, Jiwoo, what made you decide to leave FNC?" J Seph asked casually, attempting to change the subject and redirecting Jiwoo's focus from the awkward duo.

"Oh... Erm…" Jiwoo appeared to be hesitant about replying and for a moment, J Seph wondered if the reason was something she could not share, or perhaps uncomfortable to share. Have I picked the wrong question and made matters worse?

Thankfully, Jiwoo started talking again, "I've been feeling uneasy about my future with FNC after seeing what happened to my sunbaes in AOA. I mean they are good and successful of course but seeing what happened to Youkyung unnie and Choa unnie made me feel scared and uncertain… And just when I was feeling lost, Yonghwa oppa gave me this piece of advice."

"Yonghwa? As in Jung Yonghwa of CN Blue?" J Seph asked with food in his mouth.

"Yeah. He said, "Just do whatever your heart wants to." And that was all the push I needed. So I left." Jiwoo replied with a small smile.

"Why DSP Media though? I mean, our agency has its fair share of people leaving too." Somin asked.

"Well…." J Seph noticed how Jiwoo's eyes travelled to BM as she was trying to find words to answer Somin's question, and he wondered if it was a coincidence or if there was something else to it.

"I wanted to take a break initially but somehow DSP had caught onto the news of my departure from FNC and convinced me to audition. And… that's why I'm here now." She finished the last sentence a little too quickly and took a sip from her glass.

"Hmm." Somin chewed on her piece of fish cake slowly and seemed to be contemplating Jiwoo's statement.

She must have been a well-known or talented trainee then, for our agency to have learnt about her, J Seph deduced. He had not seen much of Jiwoo's training sessions to conclude her abilities but for the agency to have confirmed her debut so soon, she must have been something. He was certain that Somin was thinking the same thing from the way she was slightly pouting while chewing.

"Well, either way, it's good that you are here with us now! Welcome to DSP and let's make KARD a success!" BM said and raised his glass of Soju.

"Cheers!" The rest all joined in with their glasses as well.

-o-


"So, the girls have moved in... Do you think they can hear us from their room?" J Seph asked as he plopped down onto his bed. They had moved his bed from his previous bedroom into BM's room so that the girls could stay in there since J Seph's room had a private bathroom in it. J Seph's ex-bedroom, now the girls' room, was directly opposite BM's room.

"Yeah sure, since I was able to hear you fapping and away to your favourite star every night," BM joked while attempting to ruffle his hair with a towel to dry his hair.

"Oh yeah? You should have come into my room and join me." J Seph smirked. He was not going to lose to BM's teasing.

"I was too busy fapping away myself to walk over. Don't worry, we will now have lots of time to enjoy ourselves togeth-" BM was attacked in the face with a pillow just as he was approaching J Seph with a mocking seductive expression on his face.

"Come and find me for a good time when you have completely gotten over her," J Seph shot BM with a meaningful glance.

That took BM by surprise, "Wait, what?" He frowned and threw the pillow back to J Seph.

"Someone was being all Superman today, saving a damsel from some luggage distress," J Seph asked with an eyebrow raised.

Understanding crossed his face as BM looked away and gave a silent 'oh' before continuing, "Well, she's so petite, how was she going to carry all those luggages by herself?" BM shoved his hands into the pockets of his trackpants.

"You said all those but it was just two. Just one phone call from her and she had you running to her like some faithful puppy." J Seph said, shaking his head.

"We are still friends and friends should help one another, right? She asked me for help. I couldn't possibly reject her. That would be… wrong," BM walked back to his bed and lay down on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

"What is wrong is she shamelessly asking you for your help after treating you like less than a stranger. She must have figured that you still can't resist her charm and is making full use of that hold on you," J Seph lay down his bed too and closed his eyes. Even he could tell that he was being too harsh. It must be the Soju, he thought, regretting that he had one drink too much. He hated to have said those words out loud but still, J Seph felt that he needed to hear them and snap back into reality if he thought he still had a chance with Somin, and that seemed like what was going through BM's mind. J Seph had witnessed how his friend's face lit up this morning when Somin's name flashed on his phone screen and that made him worried for his friend.

"I… I'm really happy to have her back in my life. I'm not going to lie about that. And yeah, we both know I'm not over her... and yes, I would do anything for her because she is still someone precious to me. But seriously, I've been trying to move on you know. Like really move on. I started texting this girl yesterday…" BM trailed off.

Now that's news, J Seph thought and sat up quickly on his bed looking at BM. "This girl?"

"Yeah, from that bar. Remember she gave me her number on the paper? I texted her."

"That hot bartender? Woah woah woah! So? How is she like? You meeting her soon?" J Seph leaned forward excitedly, hoping to dig out more information. Seems like the situation with him is not as bad as I thought, J Seph smiled, feeling happy for his friend.

"I'm going to sleep, goodnight!" BM grunted quickly, turning over to his side and burying his face into his pillow.

"Dream lots of hot stuff with that hot girl!" J Seph chuckled as he walked over to switch off the room light. He will tell me more when he wants to, J Seph thought as he lay back down on his bed and close his eyes. After all, that was how things work between guys.

 

---

 

Hana's note: Hehe I hope the chapter was satisfying enough for the wait! Kekeke! How will their relationships evolve from now on? Stay tune and as usual, comment to let me know what you think! And there seem to be a lot of BMin shippers here.. Hmm...

PS: No offence to AOA's fans out there!