Chapter 7 ~ Jiwoo ~

Two's a Tango, Four's a Dance

Hana's note: Annyeong! I'm back! I'm so sorry I had disappeared for so long >.< but I swear it was with good reasons this time! I was writing, not one, not two, but THREE chapters! Though I ended up not finishing the third one but anyway I'll explain later! For now, read on! Here goes!

 

---

 

 

Oh Nana ~

"Okay that was good. Let's take five!"

Jiwoo walked over to the side to grab her water bottle. It was the second day after the recording. They had been practising their choreography at the dance studio non-stop for the past two hours so she was grateful for the break.

"Ah man, that was tiring!" BM groaned and slumped down on the floor next to her.

"Yeah, but at least we managed to-" Jiwoo stopped her sentence midway, her lips parted and frozen in its place. BM was gulping water down his throat and Jiwoo watched in trance as his Adam's apple bobbed up and down. It did not help that beads of perspiration were trickling down his damp hair, his face, his jawline, his neck, his broad shoulder, his muscular arm. His shirt was wet with perspiration and stuck to his body, which outlined his defined chest clearly. His abs were threatening to peep out from underneath the hem of his shirt. Dayum. Jiwoo bit her bottom lip and it. He looks so…

"You were saying?" BM asked, turning to Jiwoo while closing the bottle with the cap.

"Um.." Jiwoo quickly looked away. "No, never mind, it wasn't anything important." Crap, did he catch me staring?

"Oh okay. Man, is the air-conditioner working? Am I the only one who's feeling hot here?" BM asked as he looked up at the ceiling.

"Nope." Jiwoo mumbled and shook her head. She fanned herself with her hand, hoping that her face did not seem too red at that moment.

J Seph had taken a towel from his duffel and joined Jiwoo and BM on the floor. "Somin-ah, you should take a break too."

Jiwoo looked past J Seph's shoulders and saw that Somin was still standing in front of the mirror, practising the choreography. She's really hardworking, Jiwoo thought in admiration as she continued to watch her. Oh, there's that twerking part. I wonder how the guys feel about it. I still feel awkward though… and furthermore Matt oppa is my main partner in this dance... Actually, if not for Somin, I wouldn't be partnering oppa here. Jiwoo recalled what she had witnessed before the practice earlier on...

~

"Seongsaeng-nim*! [teacher]" Somin was calling after their dance choreographer.

Jiwoo was just coming out of the dance studio when she heard Somin's voice.

"I was thinking… it may perhaps be better to pair me with J Seph oppa for the choreo instead? Matt oppa and I have quite a huge difference in our heights so I personally thought it didn't seem to look good in terms of the formation..." Somin suggested, a cautious look on her face.

"Is that so? Okay let's try out the swop later then."

"Erm, could you not mention that it was my idea. After all, we've been practising for the choreo for one hour. I don't want the members to hate on me for suggesting this change," Somin asked gently.

"Yeah, sure."

"Gamsahabnida!* [Thank you (formal)]" Somin said and bowed as their choreographer walked away and started speaking into his phone.

~

Why she did not want them to know about it was something that Jiwoo could not understand. But it was thanks to Somin that she could partner with BM and that made Jiwoo really grateful and happy. Whenever they made a turn or come face-to-face with each other during the choreography, BM's face would be beaming with different kinds of smiles. At times, it would be a dashing and warm, prince-charming kind of smile, and other times, it would be a flirty and cheeky, bad boy kind of smile. Jiwoo's favourite were the ones that were 'in-between', like a prince-like smirk or caring badboy kind of smile - the one where his eyes will crinkle with gentleness in it and one corner of his mouth would tilt upwards, showing his teeth. Those smiles totally perked Jiwoo up and she could not help but smile back at BM every time their eyes met. His smiles always got her heart racing. And they were the reason why her heart raced for the first time in her life one year ago.

"I'm beat!" Somin exclaimed as she sat down next to J Seph, wiping her face and her neck with her towel.

"Sugohaesseo*! [Good job]" Jiwoo said with a smile as she passed Somin her water bottle.

"Why were you still practising just now?" J Seph asked.

"I kept getting stuck on that particular step just now and Seongsaeng-nim is probably going to check later so I don't want to get caught on the same part again. Besides, you guys are doing so well, I don't want to be the one dragging the team down," Somin explained.

"Don't overdo it ya?" BM said softly to Somin and Jiwoo saw that his face was of concern.

"Arasseo, oppa. Geokjeongma.* [I know, oppa. Don't worry.]" Somin replied with a smile.

Hmm, as I thought, she really did seem to be more comfortable and natural using informal tone with Matt oppa than with Taehyung oppa… Maybe she was already close with Matt oppa when they were trainees? Jiwoo pondered and pouted slightly. If only I had joined the agency earlier, would things have been different?

Ping!

Jiwoo looked down at her phone.

You won't get away with this.

Jiwoo stared at the words on her phone in disbelief. She gripped her shirt tightly in her fist. How could he still dare to threaten her? Yes, back then she was powerless against him, so there was no choice but to listen and act accordingly to his orders and demands. But right now, she was free from his hold. She was no longer the weak Jiwoo she used to be. She was way better than that now and she no longer needed to stoop low. Those days were well behind her and she would never allow herself to be involved in such acts of stupidity again.

I need to find a way to shut him up, Jiwoo thought desperately. She could only hope it was just a threat and nothing more. But if he meant what he said… What am I going to do? Her mind was in chaos. Moreover, she could not shake off the uneasy feeling that J Seph had found out something about her since that day whem he caught her shouting at he phone. But she had not dared to confirm her suspicions with him. In any case, it would be best for me to feign ignorance…

"Jiwoo ah!"

"Huh?" Jiwoo was shaken out of her thoughts at the sound of her name being called out. She blinked and saw that there were three pairs of concerned eyes looking at her.

"Earth to Jiwoo! I called you twice. Were you zoning out?" Somin asked, as she waved her hand before Jiwoo's face.

"Mianhae* [sorry]! I was just thinking about some stuff. What did I miss out?"

"The guys were saying we should try switching parts next time for the fun of it when we debut. You know, something entertaining for the fans to see? And they were saying how they would do better than us..." Somin explained.

"Because it's true," BM chuckled and J Seph reached over to give him a high five.

"Ha! We'll see!" Jiwoo rebutted and slapped BM on his leg. Right now, she was here with them. She would not allow herself to be distracted anymore.

"Yeah, you guys are soooo gonna eat your words," Somin laughed and shoved J Seph playfully, causing J Seph to lose his balance and fall back on his back laughing. Jiwoo and the others laughed as well.

"Time to get back on your feet."

The four of them quickly put their things aside and scrambled to their feet the moment their choreographer appeared from behind the door.

"Ne, seongsaeng-nim!* [Yes, teacher].

-o-

Jiwoo and the others were dropped off at the dorm by their manager after the practice. It was already 11pm by then.

"Hey, shall we all head out for supper?" J Seph asked as he unlocked the door to their dorm. Jiwoo noticed how BM was rushing to take his shoes off. Maybe he needed to use the toilet urgently? Jiwoo wondered as BM dashed his way to his room.

"I'm beat though. And, I could really use a shower first," Somin said as she slumped down on their couch.

"How about we call for some takeaway? The food will probably arrive just when we are done with our showering," Jiwoo suggested. Frankly speaking, she was a bit too tired to go out too. But, her stomach was growling too.

"Hmm, that would do too. What do y'all want to eat?" J Seph asked as he joined Somin on the couch. He took out his phone and started browsing on his phone for a list of eateries they frequently ordered from.

"Just nothing too greasy and fattening please. Jiwoo ah, I'm showering first kay?" Somin asked. Jiwoo nodded and Somin started heading to her room. "Oh? Matt oppa, you're heading out?"

Jiwoo peered at the direction of Somin's voice and saw that BM had changed into fresh clothes. Fresh I'm-heading-out clothes.

"Erm yeah. I have something to attend to right now," BM said as he glanced at his phone distractedly.

"You're not joining us for supper first?" J Seph asked with a raised eyebrow. Jiwoo looked at BM with anticipation. A look of hesitation flashed across his face. Why does he look flustered? Did something just happen? Is he on his way to meet someone? There were so many questions in Jiwoo's head at that moment but none came out of because she knew it was not the right time to ask.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. You guys enjoy," BM gave an apologetic smile before shrugging into his sneakers and heading out the door.

"Guess I'll just order for the three of us then," J Seph said with a shrug.

"Kay I'm off to shower." Somin said nonchalantly and went into shower.

Jiwoo frowned. Am I the only one who was dying of curiosity? Was there really nothing to be worried about? If that was so, why do I have such an uneasy feeling?

 

---

 

Hana's note: Yeap! So okay here's the thing. I wrote a spin-off chapter for this part but that chapter also serves as a one-shot story with erm... MATURE content (and that's why I decided to let it be a spin-off chapter separately.)! If you're interested, you can check it out here - Just One Night ! And if you're not, just wait for the next chapter (writing in progress)! Hehe. Btw missing out the spin-off will not cause you to miss out on any major development in the story so not to worry if you're not reading it! Oh and Just One Night is for subscribers access only. (: